TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White SGT's are cool, Black SGT's are AWESOME!

blueshawk

Why have all the magazine reviews have been about the white SGT's? The black ones are the best looking Mustang ever built, period. It must be a comparison to the '66 GT350 or something like that. Fender hasn't made a white Shelby GT guitar have they? No. That's because the black is Bad_ss!

It's only because the white ones photograph better and look better on slick magazine stock. Red is another favorate color of photographers. As an example why, a highly polished black car will reflect the photographer's image taking the very shot that he or she is being reflected in. The photographer could photoshop the reflection out of the picture, but it's easer just to go out shoot a red or white car and eleminate the problem in the first place.

Personally, I think that they make the right choice using the white Shelby. But I can't imagine why.....

post-4213-1182474500_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember, this is why!

It's only because the white ones photograph better and look better on slick magazine stock. Red is another favorate color of photographers. As an example why, a highly polished black car will reflect the photographer's image taking the very shot that he or she is being reflected in. The photographer could photoshop the reflection out of the picture, but it's easer just to go out shoot a red or white car and eleminate the problem in the first place.

Personally, I think that they make the right choice using the white Shelby. But I can't imagine why.....

But not fair, your white is THE sickest white SGT i've seen yet. Was never considering a white one until I saw your car. Don't change those wheels either! :) Found a black one for MSRP, but seeing your white one has me hesitant on pulling the trigger.

That is one heck of a nice machine! Your passenger looks very content.

Thank's for the kind words! I took the photo on the way home from SAI. It was the end of a long, but wonderful day picking the car up. My passinger? She was zonked; but I was wired and having a blast with the car taking it home.

It really is a great car, and I can't say enough good things about it. 485 H.P. SC'ed 4.6, it handles like it's on rails, and has a really great stance just sitting still.

Here's a couple more:

post-4213-1182569705_thumb.jpg post-4213-1182569863_thumb.jpg

Thank's again!!

But not fair, your white is THE sickest white SGT i've seen yet. Was never considering a white one until I saw your car. Don't change those wheels either! :) Found a black one for MSRP, but seeing your white one has me hesitant on pulling the trigger.

A close friend has a Black one. Truely another great car, but from personal experience, black is a very high maintenance color. When a black car is clean and polished, they are breathtaking. But it takes allot of work to keep them tidy in between washings.

Getting back to my Friend's black SGT, due to a scheduling conflect with his job, at the last minute he was unable to pick up his car from SAI, so the day after I picked up the white one, I flew back to LV and drove his home. The reason why I tell you all that is this...

Although I recieved many thumb's up and other kinds of positive feedback while driving my friend's car home, it wasn't nearly as much as I got driving the white one home. Who knows? Maybe some people regard black cars as sinister or something dumb like that, and like the white car for the opposite reason.

But whatever decision you make, you won't be unhappy with the car. BTW, don't forget to adjust the front sway bar off of it softest setting so the car handles a little tighter in turns. SAI sets the bar soft.

....Son now you went and did it. I have been thinking about adjusting the front bar but wanted to find somebody who had done it. How much tighter and how much rougher (especially with the 20"). Woodley Park on Sunday?

SP, Yes to Woodley tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll bring the SGT or the 500. With the weather being so nice, I like to take the convertible out as much as possible. Whichever car I bring, I will be there (in the corral, I'm not competing).

In regards to your Q about the sway bar, setting it to the stiffer position won't effect your ride that much. The stiffer setting will come into play during hard cornering. The sway bar is to keep the front suspension geometry flat or level in hard cornering. Going down the highway, you will sense the stiffer setting on the freeway expansion joints and/or if you put one wheel into a pot hole because the whole front end will shutter as opposed to just the side that went into the hole. But we avoid pot holes with a vengence, don't we?

Try the middle setting before going full boat.

• 2 weeks later...
Why have all the magazine reviews have been about the white SGT's? The black ones are the best looking Mustang ever built, period. It must be a comparison to the '66 GT350 or something like that. Fender hasn't made a white Shelby GT guitar have they? No. That's because the black is Bad_ss!

Glad you think so!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for your personal opinion!

You're welcome! Sorry, I was a little frisky about how I love my car. I do wish I had the money for one of each though because the white with Shelby gunmetal razors would be cool! But the black would look awesome with them.

Archived