TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3M clear coat

Has anyone out there had his new Shelby GT500 covered with the 3M clear coat to prevent

chipping ? Please let me know what the think of the product. I am thinking of getting the

front done to prevent chipping and not having to using a bra.

Has anyone out there had his new Shelby GT500 covered with the 3M clear coat to prevent

chipping ? Please let me know what the think of the product. I am thinking of getting the

front done to prevent chipping and not having to using a bra.

Do a search on Bras

several have used it

I have it on my car you cant tell it is there unless you do a close inspection i had the whole front clip wrapped including back side od mirrors 1 foot up on the roof.

How much did it cost and did you use a 3M painter ?

I am thinking of getting the front end done from the doors front.

What did you get done and what do you think of it??

I have it on my car you cant tell it is there unless you do a close inspection i had the whole front clip wrapped including back side od mirrors 1 foot up on the roof.

Would it be possible to get a few pics from up close? Would really like to see how much the lines/seems show.

I had something similiar put on my lexus and GMC it is called UltraShield, like a 3M film. Looked great the first few years. Had to have it replaced on the GMC due to "crackling". The lexus is dark but I can see that it has darkened around the edges. :censored: Not sure I want to put it on performance white. Difinately looking to have it applied to the headlights, fog lights and tail lights. It has kept my IS300's headlights/tail lights crystal clear....

I've never heard of 3m paint?

Here's Hitman's post, his car looks really good, they did a great job. I'm definitely going to be getting some very soon. I've already got 2 stone chips in the front. :banghead:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=162425

Archived