TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Only Shelby GT in Canada

Pony Ride

Brother seen it for sale in a Hamilton paper that Eastgate Ford has a black Shelby GT for sale. I was working a block away today and did not notice it in the show room when I drove by. Have to check it out tomorrow to see if its for real.

Brother seen it for sale in a Hamilton paper that Eastgate Ford has a black Shelby GT for sale. I was working a block away today and did not notice it in the show room when I drove by. Have to check it out tomorrow to see if its for real.

How much?

• 4 months later...

I just bought one out of Tacoma and registered it new here in British Columbia it is black as well I did this in early Sept this year.

$49992. went to see it this morning. Black with silver strips. It has a sold sign on it.

I've seen a white one on the French version of AutoTrader for sale in Nova Scotia (Mosher Motors) for that same price.

I wonder how these can be sold in Canada? My understanding was that because of the fact mods were made to the original Mustang GT at SAI, in order to make them street legal here, Ford needed to perform additional crash tests which did not make business sense because of the low volume of sale for these cars in Canada. Otherwise, why is the Shelby GT not in the Ford canadian lineup?

I've seen a white one on the French version of AutoTrader for sale in Nova Scotia (Mosher Motors) for that same price.

I wonder how these can be sold in Canada? My understanding was that because of the fact mods were made to the original Mustang GT at SAI, in order to make them street legal here, Ford needed to perform additional crash tests which did not make business sense because of the low volume of sale for these cars in Canada. Otherwise, why is the Shelby GT not in the Ford canadian lineup?

I don't see why they should have to perform additional crash tests when the upgrade is based on a regular mustang gt premium. It's just a few engine mods, a body kit and a suspension package basically. I just imported one myself and it wasn't on the RIV's inadmissable list.

• 1 month later...
My dealerhip had 4 for sale in December. Yes they were Gt500's.

I've had my 07SGT0129 up in Maple Ridge, BC since February 11th, 2007. It is still registered in Oregon and once I get my permanent residency approved this summer (hopefully), I will officially import it. The SGT vin will simply show the car as a Mustang GT.

Had the daytime running headlight module acitivated when I purchased the car in Portland last year - knowing she'd eventually become a Canadian too (grin)

Actually, my new wife is Canadian and as I have businesses in both Portland and Vancouver, BC, it makes sense for me to move up with her - she (now "I") have two daughters!

Instant "Dad" - soon to be "Canadian Resident"

I love the lower mainland and Vancouver is one fun and beautiful city!

SGT1.jpg

• 1 month later...
I've had my 07SGT0129 up in Maple Ridge, BC since February 11th, 2007. It is still registered in Oregon and once I get my permanent residency approved this summer (hopefully), I will officially import it. The SGT vin will simply show the car as a Mustang GT.

Had the daytime running headlight module acitivated when I purchased the car in Portland last year - knowing she'd eventually become a Canadian too (grin)

Actually, my new wife is Canadian and as I have businesses in both Portland and Vancouver, BC, it makes sense for me to move up with her - she (now "I") have two daughters!

Instant "Dad" - soon to be "Canadian Resident"

I love the lower mainland and Vancouver is one fun and beautiful city!

SGT1.jpg

Good choices all 'round. Welcome to Canada, and good luck with everything!

A couple things to remember: We don't say "My bad" but we do say "eh." And on that note, I'll leave you with a joke:

The new settlers were sitting around the campfire one night, playing Scrabble. One of them said that they needed a name for this new country. So they decided to use the Scrabble tiles to name the country. The leader put his hand in the bag of letters, and then he pulled out a "C eh," and an "N eh" and a "D eh" and so we became CANADA. :hysterical2:

Archived