TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 GT Supercharger Suggestions??

bdparnes

• 3 weeks later...
Depends on where in the power band your looking to make your power. I chose the Vortech HO kit due to mine being a street car running around on stock tires. I wanted to be able to launch it pretty hard still from light to light. The Vortech allows me to do that because like mentioned above, the power comes on with the RPM's unlike a Kenne Bell style where you have max boost as soon as you touch the gas. My set-up was tuned by Bob Kurgan back when I lived in Illinois, it made 430hp on the 91 octane tune, 453 hp on the 93 octane tune, and he also created a 100 octane tune that we didnt pull on the dyno because I only had 93 octane in the tank. Now that I moved here to California I almost wish I would have gone the Kenne Bell route for the low end grunt when playing in the mountains. There are some nice curvy rodes here that when I cruise them my car is just started to boost and rock as im coming up to a curve causing me to get off the throttle. If I had the low end tourqe it would be a different ballgame. My combo is good for 11 second et's and still pulls 28mpg highway with the cruise, hand calculated (I never trust the digital ones). I also cut a 1.74 60' on the stock tires with only Steeda lower control arms. Heres a pic of mine ..

dcp_3680s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any recommendations on what supercharger I should buy for my car ('07 GT)? I saw Ford Racing has one that can get the car up to 500hp, and then I've looked at a few Vortech ones, but I'm not really sure what to go with... Or if I should just leave it alone for warranty reasons, lol.

Thanks!

Hey there,

We sell both the Roush as well as the MagnaCharger for the '07 Mustangs. All fits under the stock hood also. If interested in info, shoot me an e-mail.

Page

It's looking like a Vortech.

I'll let y'all know.

I've got 4:10's and Stage III comp cams.

Is this an auto or 5 speed?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else in this thread.

If it's a 5 Speed, Why not consider a Turbo???????

If It's an Auto, I'd stick with a Pro-charger, Saleen or Whipple supercharger.

I'd like to go TT - but Garrett won't be releasing their's until '08.

I've got a 5 spd manual.

There are some Great single turbo kits using the precision 67mm Turbo. It's been my experience that you don't want to go with any other turbo than a precision. There are 2 kits running around our area, and one made over 800 RWHP with a built Short block and the other still has the stock motor and has run some high 10's and they are both driven around town daily.

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...;products_id=50

This is the kit I am talking about.

The shop owners who make this kit have gone some low 10's with the stock motor and stock clutch.

Hey BadPuss - have a few questions about your Stage III Comp CAMs, I've been considering it for my GT for some time now but have put it off until I do a lot more research.

Did you have the dealership service department install them? Or a custom service/tune shop?

Did you also have to upgrade/replace the springs (BeeHive or similar) & retainers?

I asked my tune shop & dealership about them & they both said it wasn't worth it - apparently it's a real bear to swap out the cams in the S197's due to their new design & the difficulty in removing the springs & retainers.

I've heard the HP & Torque gains are pretty impressive though (as much as 30+ RWHP) in the mid to high end of course. And if you don't mind me asking - about how much should I expect it to cost (parts & labor)?

I'm actually going to start a new thread on this anyway since this one really isn't about CAMs (sorry guys).

Thanks man - any feedback is much appreciated.

Anyone have any recommendations on what supercharger I should buy for my car ('07 GT)? I saw Ford Racing has one that can get the car up to 500hp, and then I've looked at a few Vortech ones, but I'm not really sure what to go with... Or if I should just leave it alone for warranty reasons, lol.

Thanks!

We have a MagnaCharger on our '05. Put down 429 RWHP and 402 RWTQ on our in house dyno. Runs on 91 octane. Very driveable. Tune was done in house with the SCT tuner.

LOTS of options for sure.

Page

Archived