TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why the big $ Diff from 2007 -2009?

Al d

I am looking for my first Shelby GT500. I like the 2007-2009 the best. I can't understand the big price swings from 2007 to 2009. $5-8K or more for the same vehicle, same condition and miles with different years.

I am finding several nice 2007's for the high 20's, but jump to mid 30's for 2008 and 2009. What am I missing?Is it just coincidence in my area? I'm in Nor Cal.

Thanks

Al

I am looking for my first Shelby GT500. I like the 2007-2009 the best. I can't understand the big price swings from 2007 to 2009. $5-8K or more for the same vehicle, same condition and miles with different years.

I am finding several nice 2007's for the high 20's, but jump to mid 30's for 2008 and 2009. What am I missing?Is it just coincidence in my area? I'm in Nor Cal.

Thanks

Al

Nothing in the NADA Guide shows that kind of $$$ gap for 2007-2009.

Other than the 2007 coming with the "heavy" harmonic balancer, not having an HID option, and I believe there was also a unique silver gray color, the 2007 is like the 2008 and 2009. That's right, 2007 also had the mid-pipe hangers at the transmission cross member that were deleted sometime in 2008.

2008 is a unique year in that it was the only year that HID's were an option and Sat. Radio Delete was also an option (no black pimple on the trunk lid). Sat. Radio Delete was also a N/C option for 2007.

2009 was the last year for the body style so that "sometimes" adds a value, and Sat. Radio was standard with no delete option.

Other than some color adds, and deletes, especially in the 2007 and 2008 time frame, I can't think of much that was different other than the couple of things I mentioned above.

R

Edited by Robert M

HID's were optional in both 2008 and 2009 although the majority of GT500's were equipped with the HID option.

Although the Satellite stereo became standard in 2009 there were some GT500's built without it.

Color wise, 2007 Tungsten paint was replaced by Vapor paint in 2008-09

The only way I see a price differential as large as the OP describes is if one was comparing a 2007 coupe with a some miles on it to a 2009 convertible with low to no miles on it but since the OP says they are the same model with identical miles then I can only think that one seller is being realistic with their price while another seller is being overly optimistic on their price.

As we all know, asking prices can be all over the place. It's actual sold prices that will be far more accurate on what the current market value is.

Steve

The 08s and I assume 09s have the led ambient light too, as well as color changing option on the main gauge configuration.

Not sure it the 07s have that or not.

The large 07 balancer mentioned above is nasty, it would be the first thing on my upgrade list for safety and longevity.

The clutch/flywheel tsb issues seem to plague 07 and at least some of the early 08s, not sure about the 09s though.

The 08s and I assume 09s have the led ambient light too, as well as color changing option on the main gauge configuration.

Not sure it the 07s have that or not.

The large 07 balancer mentioned above is nasty, it would be the first thing on my upgrade list for safety and longevity.

The clutch/flywheel tsb issues seem to plague 07 and at least some of the early 08s, not sure about the 09s though.

07 `s had the dash colour change.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe there was some known issue about 07's that I didn't want. I am looking a little harder and there were a few more factors I wasn't understanding. Seems to be a combination of some mods and a few asking prices probably a little higher than realistic. I'll keep looking and find the right combination of condition, miles and mods. Thanks again.

The '09's are 2 years newer than the 07's so you expect them to be more, everything else being equal, and the noted differences in the options. Also, the 09's are much lower build #'s, I think they are the lowest of all models 07-14.

Build numbers are:

10,864 for the 2007 model year

8,586 for the 2008 model year

3,559 for the 2009 model year

The above totals do NOT include the KR's.

Steve