TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just dropping this Rabbit off here...

05mustangman

• 3 weeks later...

Just dropping off several more Rabbits ! Bunny car starting to take shape. Started on Eibach pro Street coil overs, Shelby/Ford Racing anti roll kit, and Maximum Motorsports caster/camber kit. And last but not least, Shelby adjustable Panhard bar ! Should have all suspension work completed in the next day or so, if my old body holds out ! Mounted Pirelli's on the Terlingua wheels today also. Hope to get roll bar, rear seat delete, and interior installed in the next couple of weeks. Then it's down to the cosmetics. Hope to have car complete by end of July, time allowing. This car is going to be "Over The Top" !

20160621_173114_resized.jpg

20160618_102856_resized_1.jpg

20160621_174418_resized_1.jpg

Edited by cmcmotorworks

What would really be cool is if someone did an officially licensed "Terlingua cobra" !

There are actually 9 licensed Terlingua Cobras built. There are at least two in Texas (one in Houston and one in Grandbury), one in Oklahoma and one in California

There are actually 9 licensed Terlingua Cobras built. There are at least two in Texas (one in Houston and one in Grandbury), one in Oklahoma and one in California

Yes, I knew that. But going forward, I was thinking more along the lines of a limited edition build by a legitimate car company similar to SAI.

Not while Bill Neale is alive. He made a promise to a close friend that he would never build more than 10. ( We assumed that promise was to a friend who bought one of the 9. The missing 10th was a separate promise to a French friend that he would get one of the 10)

Remember, licensing belongs to Bill Neale and the Neale family, not to Shelby American. It won't be a Shelby decision.

Not while Bill Neale is alive. He made a promise to a close friend that he would never build more than 10. ( We assumed that promise was to a friend who bought one of the 9. The missing 10th was a separate promise to a French friend that he would get one of the 10)

Remember, licensing belongs to Bill Neale and the Neale family, not to Shelby American. It won't be a Shelby decision.

I wasn't talking about Shelby doing. Maybe someone else !

I wasn't talking about Shelby doing. Maybe someone else !

Like I said- Bill Neale drew a line and said no more Terlingua Cobras will be built. He owns the license. So with a very rudimentary compass and slide rule, I would draw the conclusion that it will not happen. Legitimately.

If people like you decide to simply make their own without permission, well, that's a different thing. Not saying that in a negative way, just saying that would be different than what I believe you to be asking.

Terlingua Raptors are a real possibility. Bill was very receptive to that when we approached him with that idea.

Only problem now is that the new raptor isn't out yet.

It's a perfect symbol of driving the Texas desert and Big Bend area.