TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just dropping this Rabbit off here...

05mustangman

It wont be ready for spring if you have one on order. (I dont think they can have one done by the bash) but after riding in one, it will be worth whatever the wait is.

How was the ride in and out of the corners? What I seen on video it appeared to show quite a bit of body roll something the GT350 does not do

How was the ride in and out of the corners? What I seen on video it appeared to show quite a bit of body roll something the GT350 does not do

It does have the typical body roll you would expect. Mainly because of all the extra power it has. What really stands out to me is how well you can get the back end to slide out and hold it. We did a sweeping 180 turn in full power drift, and for that, it was exceptional. The 350 is all about response and keeping the car FROM breaking out. The Terlingua is all about controlled chaos. Its only true drawback is the amount of tires you would burn through if you always drove like this.

They were giving hot lap rides, and after 50 or so, it was not losing much power or brake fading, and the guy that got the last ride got the same ride as the guy that got there first. The sound, the power, the feel- all things you will be more than happy with.

The biggest PLUS to this build is that you are getting a top of the line supersnake, but as many have pointed out here, there is a legitimacy issue with supersnaking the 5.0. The Terlingua is perfect for this because they never made a Terlingua out of the flagship Shelby or mustang. In this case, it is a perfect build for the platform, and completely legit. Its all the upside of what you can do with a 5.0 build, and none of the downside of the supersnake concerns.

Its the V8 Terlingua all of us always wanted, simple as that.

Im getting it in an auto, because of paddle shifting and the automatic transmission can better handle the extra power. I expect over 800HP with a couple small changes. I had issues at 624hp on my 2011 GT350 with the manual. The clutch had to be replaced almost right away, and input shafts will shatter over 750HP. (I have quite a lot of exposure to this fact)

It sounds friggin ridiculous good too.

We do the Texas Mile event and have a LARGE group of Shelby owners that participate. The GT500 has the standing mile mustang record there, but we have a BOSS 5.0 that goes down there with an automatic transmission to handle the extra power and a Kenne Bell, and it has run several runs over 200mph. In my opinion, there just isnt much difference between what the bolt on GT500s do vs the 5.0 with a supercharger added and bolt ons. Its a close race, so having the 5.4 or 5.8 doesnt really give you any advantage- until you have rebuilt the engine, converted to E85, and added about 50k in work on the car.

The big upside to the 5.0 is that by adding injectors only, and Jon Lunds tune, you can run 93 octane down there, fill up with E85 with a tune change, then change it back to your 93 tune and go home. Its capable of a true flex fuel ability. Thats HUGE.

On a side note- you blow a 5.4 or 5.8, and its gonna cost you big bucks. You blow your 5.0 and you are out a couple grand tops.

This build will be respected. Thats absolute.

Edited by DubbsFaris

Also keep in mind that the Terlingua gets an adjustable Eibach suspension, so if you want to negate most of that body roll, you can, and then soften it right back up for the Sunday cruise.

Im telling you- its a great build. It is pricey, no doubt, but I believe this build will hold its value much better than most.

Also keep in mind that the Terlingua gets an adjustable Eibach suspension, so if you want to negate most of that body roll, you can, and then soften it right back up for the Sunday cruise.

Im telling you- its a great build. It is pricey, no doubt, but I believe this build will hold its value much better than most.

+1 congrats my friend!!!!

david

It does have the typical body roll you would expect. Mainly because of all the extra power it has. What really stands out to me is how well you can get the back end to slide out and hold it. We did a sweeping 180 turn in full power drift, and for that, it was exceptional. The 350 is all about response and keeping the car FROM breaking out. The Terlingua is all about controlled chaos. Its only true drawback is the amount of tires you would burn through if you always drove like this.

They were giving hot lap rides, and after 50 or so, it was not losing much power or brake fading, and the guy that got the last ride got the same ride as the guy that got there first. The sound, the power, the feel- all things you will be more than happy with.

The biggest PLUS to this build is that you are getting a top of the line supersnake, but as many have pointed out here, there is a legitimacy issue with supersnaking the 5.0. The Terlingua is perfect for this because they never made a Terlingua out of the flagship Shelby or mustang. In this case, it is a perfect build for the platform, and completely legit. Its all the upside of what you can do with a 5.0 build, and none of the downside of the supersnake concerns.

Its the V8 Terlingua all of us always wanted, simple as that.

Im getting it in an auto, because of paddle shifting and the automatic transmission can better handle the extra power. I expect over 800HP with a couple small changes. I had issues at 624hp on my 2011 GT350 with the manual. The clutch had to be replaced almost right away, and input shafts will shatter over 750HP. (I have quite a lot of exposure to this fact)

It sounds friggin ridiculous good too.

We do the Texas Mile event and have a LARGE group of Shelby owners that participate. The GT500 has the standing mile mustang record there, but we have a BOSS 5.0 that goes down there with an automatic transmission to handle the extra power and a Kenne Bell, and it has run several runs over 200mph. In my opinion, there just isnt much difference between what the bolt on GT500s do vs the 5.0 with a supercharger added and bolt ons. Its a close race, so having the 5.4 or 5.8 doesnt really give you any advantage- until you have rebuilt the engine, converted to E85, and added about 50k in work on the car.

The big upside to the 5.0 is that by adding injectors only, and Jon Lunds tune, you can run 93 octane down there, fill up with E85 with a tune change, then change it back to your 93 tune and go home. Its capable of a true flex fuel ability. Thats HUGE.

On a side note- you blow a 5.4 or 5.8, and its gonna cost you big bucks. You blow your 5.0 and you are out a couple grand tops.

This build will be respected. Thats absolute.

What you just said here is exactly what other manual equipped owners have said and is why in today's world Ford does not offer the GT350 with an Automatic is just crazy as its a better option all around

My buddies down here at Power by the Hour said of all the GT500 owners who are real racers more than half of them have swapped out the 6spd manual for the 6R80 Automatic and why, because the Automatic can easily handle the power and frankly the computer can shift better than they can

What color did you order? Yellow lol

Damn, I did just out myself, didn't I? Lol.

I'm looking at putting a deal together, but it's contingent on a few things I need to make sure aren't gonna be a problem.

Also, I've got a 350R allocation, and after the lethal boys slapped a SC on it and it added nearly 400hp, that makes you wonder some things right there. I can't do both, so I'm seeing which way works out best for me. The 350 isn't much more than the gt500 was, and it's half the price. Of the Terlingua. It's tough to make this call.

I know Ken and all the guys there! They are good folks for sure!

Damn, I did just out myself, didn't I? Lol.

I'm looking at putting a deal together, but it's contingent on a few things I need to make sure aren't gonna be a problem.

Also, I've got a 350R allocation, and after the lethal boys slapped a SC on it and it added nearly 400hp, that makes you wonder some things right there. I can't do both, so I'm seeing which way works out best for me. The 350 isn't much more than the gt500 was, and it's half the price. Of the Terlingua. It's tough to make this call.

I know Ken and all the guys there! They are good folks for sure!

The GT350 is unique with that suspension and that 8,200 rpm screamer nothing will beat it on the track, however the Terlingua is only 50 unless they decide to build more next year. Yes the Terlingua cost almost 50 percent more but it will be way more valuable now and in the future

When ordering this car something as stupid as this makes me wonder why Ford still has a loyal following... these new Mustangs have the option of the 2 Gauges between a/c vents as its part of the Performance Package but if you choose an automatic then you can't get the Performance Package which means no center Gauges, how stupid is that! What do gauges have to do with the tramsmission absolutely nothing! Some of the decisions these Ford people choose is just mindboggling stupid

But then they go and offer paddle shifting, making the automatic a more efficient drag racer in many ways.

Yeah, it's like that with many builds. When I bought my 2013 SHO, you couldn't get all the options from the limited AND the track pack.

The explorer sport doesn't have all the options from the limited available. They fixed that with the Platinum at least.

Back to your statement, the 50th did have the performance pack with the automatic, which is one extra reason I did the auto. Made it really special. So it's not like it can't be done, they just don't choose not to offer it.

It would be great if Ford came out with a DSG or something similar to the Porsche PDK. I have never owned an Automatic Sports Car, but after driving the PDK on the track I wouldn't hesitate to own one now. The DSG in Audis is awesome also.

Yes that would be great but even the ZF 8spd auto the Challenger has is an upgrade

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any Terlingua's built yet? My car is there but had them delay the start on it on purpose so i don't have to ship it to FL then turn right around and ship it to CO as hopefully current deal goes through

Mine gets delivered on Friday. It's at the dealership in Vegas, and paperwork gets to me tomorrow, back to them on Wednesday. I suspect my car will be built August or early September. I would guess all hands are directed at GT-H conversions anyway. They have a hard deadline to be completed, ours do not.

And by the way, I'm perfectly, 100% fine with that. They can be done with at at their schedule as long as it's ready by September 20th before T-16. It's a special year.

Mine gets delivered on Friday. It's at the dealership in Vegas, and paperwork gets to me tomorrow, back to them on Wednesday. I suspect my car will be built August or early September. I would guess all hands are directed at GT-H conversions anyway. They have a hard deadline to be completed, ours do not.

And by the way, I'm perfectly, 100% fine with that. They can be done with at at their schedule as long as it's ready by September 20th before T-16. It's a special year.

Awesome! I can't wait to see it! T-16!

• 5 weeks later...

They're staggered 19x9s and 19x10s. They're going on my Terlingua Mustang.

on the new 2016 Terlingua or old ones? If new one yea I already voiced my opinion with the SAI Terlingua team about the wheels. If charging that much for a Mustang then it should have its own wheels and not the same ones as used by the Shelby GT and Shelby Eco-boost. Forgeline has a set that would look great even the ones on the Saleen G. Follmer would look great. I told them the Super Snake has its own wheels so why not the Terlingua

on the new 2016 Terlingua or old ones? If new one yea I already voiced my opinion with the SAI Terlingua team about the wheels. If charging that much for a Mustang then it should have its own wheels and not the same ones as used by the Shelby GT and Shelby Eco-boost. Forgeline has a set that would look great even the ones on the Saleen G. Follmer would look great. I told them the Super Snake has its own wheels so why not the Terlingua

These wheels are a modern spin, and yet still very much resemble the torque thrust wheels on the original Jerry Titus Terlingua Mustang. Edited by cmcmotorworks

These wheels are a modern spin, and yet still very much resemble the torque thrust wheels on the original Jerry Titus Terlingua Mustang.

You still didn't say which Terlingua? From that hood I would guess the 07-09 Terlingua?