TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just dropping this Rabbit off here...

05mustangman

It appears I have ordered one of the 50 Terlingua's and will finalize it in the morning. I thought it had more to offer than the Super Snake even though its priced higher

Only decision now is what Color to do the car in??? They say you can use any 2015/2016 Mustang color but considering the brake calipers can only be Yellow that eliminates many colors. The supercharger will be Yellow or maybe it can come polished too but a Red car and open hood to a Yellow blower umm, NO. Of all the colors in Mustang history the last one you'd see in my driveway would be a Yellow Mustang even though the Terlingua looks really good.

Of the original Terlingua's my favorite is the ONLY Blue one but that is Vista Blue and the current Deep Impact Blue is Bluish/Purple and don't like it. That leaves Black, Yellow, White, maybe even Silver... what you think

It appears I have ordered one of the 50 Terlingua's and will finalize it in the morning. I thought it had more to offer than the Super Snake even though its priced higher

Only decision now is what Color to do the car in??? They say you can use any 2015/2016 Mustang color but considering the brake calipers can only be Yellow that eliminates many colors. The supercharger will be Yellow or maybe it can come polished too but a Red car and open hood to a Yellow blower umm, NO. Of all the colors in Mustang history the last one you'd see in my driveway would be a Yellow Mustang even though the Terlingua looks really good.

Of the original Terlingua's my favorite is the ONLY Blue one but that is Vista Blue and the current Deep Impact Blue is Bluish/Purple and don't like it. That leaves Black, Yellow, White, maybe even Silver... what you think

Congrats 39!!! If it were me, I would be going for the yeller! I'm sure it will look great with whatever choice you go with!

39 Mustang - congrats! I would agree with Jeff yellow or black, but whatever color you choose this will be one fast and rare rabbit!

Just awesome and so much tradition and history. :cool::drool::shift:

David

39 Mustang,

Good luck on your tuff choices!

I would go with White. I believe most orders will be the traditional colors. Your Terlingua will be a bad ass! And you know it's 1 of 50. Awesome!!

Did you get a assigned number?

How long to complete?

A White Rabbit at this years bash would be amazing!

Hope you talked with Frankie @ SAI. He really gets the job done!

39 Mustang,

Good luck on your tuff choices!

I would go with White. I believe most orders will be the traditional colors. Your Terlingua will be a bad ass! And you know it's 1 of 50. Awesome!!

Did you get a assigned number?

How long to complete?

A White Rabbit at this years bash would be amazing!

Hope you talked with Frankie @ SAI. He really gets the job done!

Yes I am getting the number I want, 39 lol

The Original Yellow was also a total different Yellow. If I remember I think it was Springtime Yellow on the Original Shelby race car and the current one is very Yellow.

I have White Mustangs so not sure i want another even though it will look great in White. If the Blue was a true Blue I would choose it as everyone else will choose Yellow or Black.

A Terlingua in Orange would be cool but no way the Yellow accents going with that as Shelby said the Calipers and Supercharger will be Yellow only

39, If I were to get a new Terlingua, I would go black with yellow accents. if you said that the SC or any other engine treatments have yellow, as well as the interior, I think the yellow accents flow better on black. Just my $.02

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS!

I've heard rumblings that a different blue might be coming out for 17; more in the line of the blue that the GT and GT350 were introduced in. If that's the case, I'm probably going to be looking for something in that color. But that is 17......

But I agree, Deep Impact has too much purple and I don't think that would look good.

Edited by dh777

I've heard rumblings that a different blue might be coming out for 17; more in the line of the blue that the GT and GT350 were introduced in. If that's the case, I'm probably going to be looking for something in that color. But that is 17......

But I agree, Deep Impact has too much purple and I don't think that would look good.

Hmmmm, DeWayne, is Lucy gonna have a baby sister?

There is my favorite Blue Terlingua lol

As of right now the Terlingua is only a 2015 or 2016 package because if I knew for sure they will offer a true Blue like you said for 2017 I would wait, but I also heard Ford may alter the Mustang's appearance for 2017 or 2018 hence why its only available now. Who knows they could offer it again but they won't say.

One of the best colors Ford ever offered on the Mustang was Vista Blue and cannot believe they keep something so Fugly as Guard Green but they never bring back their most popular colors. If it were available I would order the Terlingua in Guardsman Blue with the Yellow and White accents

Come April I will look for the new GT350's on the track... fear the Bunny

It seems to be half spilt right now with half saying Yellow and the rest saying Black and one saying White.

The only thing I don't like about this car is it looks exactly like the Shelby GT package and even the Super Snake except the hood. Don't pay attention to the color or the stripes but look at all 3 and its all the same car just different name and different stripes.

Go back to 2014 when Shelby was offering the Shelby GT, Shelby GT350, and Super Snake ALL 3 of them looked very different. You can say the only difference between the Terlingua and Shelby GT is the brakes otherwise its the same car

I have some great idea's to change up the Terlingua to make it very different but they seem stuck with it AS IS

Black, Yellow, White, Silver, Dark Gray, Battle Ship Gray and even Guard will look good with Yellow Calipers & SC. I can picture all of those color combos. Here is a new 2016 Battle Ship Gray GT 350

DSCN8896 a.jpg

I'll never have the problem of selecting colors for a 2015 or 2016 Shelby Terlingua, but if I did, I'd be figuring:

1. At that price the caliper and supercharger colors better be my choices as well.

2. Serious engine folks talk about the value of two colors for lining the engine compartment:

Black absorbs and radiates heat better, perhaps adding a small cooling advantage over

White, which makes seeing the component you are working on a bit easier and

shows up leaks much more dramatically. At that price, you should get your choice.

3. With all the Terlingua decalcomania going on, the car itself will pretty much disappear in some colors;

if you really don't like the basic car's looks (I don't, really) you might choose among the invisible blacks and grays;

if you do like it, pick a color that is capable of competing with the decals. I'd be tempted to adopt Race (or some

non-metallic) Red, just for the novelty and attention-grabbingness of it.

4. I realize a significant part of the charm of the Shelby Terlingua is its eye-catching display of, well, plenty of stuff.

For my part, I could probably stand to drive around in a clown car for a month or two, but pretty soon it would

begin to cloy; sweet as it is, it's likely to contribute to an unhealthy glucose level. So, what alternative is there to

a disappearing car—standalone decoration, sort of—or an indistinct, bland plain old GT?

5. Here's my plan: buy the basic color you like, and have the decals made in a "flat" version, very close to the same color.

I'm very taken with the GT500s in black with flat black stripes. Do you reckon that would work in Race Red, Gawful Yeller,

Ghostly Gray, Burplish Blue? Outline the major elements with a mildly contrasting color, if you like.

6. Ninety-nine and a fraction percent of the people who will see the car will not recognize it; the other one percent will know

enough about it that they won't need much explanation.

7. In the olden days there was an html instruction <blink> that was kind of outlawed by general agreement</blink>. I think

the black on yellow and yellow on black Terlinguas are rolling examples of the blink tag. Again, it gets to be too much.

8. If that's your thing, <blink>more power to you</blink>. Car like this is only going to be at car shows, anyway.

9. I had a 2006 V6 convertible. It was light and manueverable, nimble, really, compared to today's Mustangs.

Shelby wouldn't make a Terlingua out of it. I traded it off toward a later-model coupe. Soon enough someone waved

enough cash at Shelby, and voilà! a Shelby Terlingua Convertible.

10. To those who actually do have the challenge of picking the color of their new Shelby Terlingua, "Good on ye; live long and prosper".

Edited by Frank S

Still not shown as one of the vehicles on the Shelby American site does any body have Intel on where to find all the available options and pricing ect. Or when Shelby will make this public? The s197 bunny can't be beat looks wise but in every other aspect I think this is a more than worthy successor. That price is crazy but with only 50 cars I think they will all be spoken for.

I was told that everything with this car and using the Terlingua name has been worked out with Bill Neale's kids as they had a big hand in bringing it back which is great news because SAI will probably continue it in the future

I suggested to one person at SAI what about a Terlingua Raptor edition and the reply was that's a great idea. How cool would that be seeing the Bunny on the Raptor running off road!

I did ask today whether they can configure the build option for the Terlingua so i can play around with the colors. SVTPerformance.com has some better pictures and they also show a Black Terlingua. I will choose what looks best even if Yellow is not my color because that is what the Terlingua is just like I only like a GT350 in White with Blue stripes

When the GT350's are on the track you know those owners will be nervous when they see the Bunny coming up quickly in their mirror

One nice option Shelby now offers and I chose it is the Roll Cage. With 750hp or more you need it