TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Differential Cover

GT500SC07

Thanks guys!!! Again sorry for being such a jerk. Got on the forum to get my mind off the problem and I guess it didn't work, so I took a few days off from the board to sort things out. Thanks to TRICHIE for answering the panhard question and bringing us back on topic. My car is a job 1 with a stainless cover. I have hade the car for 10 months and if the cover was aluminium it would have showed signs of discoloration. I will look up the part number and check, but I do not think the nominclature will tell me what it is made of. I also tapped it and it sounds like steel but thin. I do not think an aluminium cover of this thickness would be stong enough for the output of this engine. Red coupes with stainless covers are the fastest!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys!!! Again sorry for being such a jerk. Got on the forum to get my mind off the problem and I guess it didn't work, so I took a few days off from the board to sort things out. Thanks to TRICHIE for answering the panhard question and bringing us back on topic. My car is a job 1 with a stainless cover. I have hade the car for 10 months and if the cover was aluminium it would have showed signs of discoloration. I will look up the part number and check, but I do not think the nominclature will tell me what it is made of. I also tapped it and it sounds like steel but thin. I do not think an aluminium cover of this thickness would be stong enough for the output of this engine. Red coupes with stainless covers are the fastest!!!!

I think you are right, It's stainless not alum.

And yes red coupes with stainless covers are the fastest..... without a dought. :hysterical:

Archived