TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Differential Cover

GT500SC07

To all you Shelby owners out there, I noticed I have an aluminum rear diff. cover on my 07 GT500. I have checked out some other cars and they have steel. What do the rest of you have. Makes me wonder if they determined aluminum was not robust enough and they changed to steel, does anyone know?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all you Shelby owners out there, I noticed I have an aluminum rear diff. cover on my 07 GT500. I have checked out some other cars and they have steel. What do the rest of you have. Makes me wonder if they determined aluminum was not robust enough and they changed to steel, does anyone know?

One way to tell if you have the aluminum or steel, if your's is painted black it is steel.

If you guys get a second take a look under your car to see if you have a black or aluminum.

Thanks,

Scott

Mine is aluminum --Ford Racing aftermarket.

girdle.jpg

Thanks guys for responding, it appears that the early cars got aluminum, I noticed a steel one on my uncle's vert that he received three weeks ago.

Thanks guys for responding, it appears that the early cars got aluminum, I noticed a steel one on my uncle's vert that he received three weeks ago.

Obviously early cars (like mine) are faster because they are lighter. I guess that makes the early cars much more collectable. I have a shiny cover that I assumed was stamped steel. I'll look closer tonight.

Each your heart out, Job 2 and later guys. :victory::victory:

Here's an upskirt photo of both my girls.

GT500

GT/CS

See signature for build dates.

Tana must wipe better than you, :hysterical2::hysterical2: yours is much more rusty than hers, matter of fact hers was bought waaay before yours and you have that much rust already?

One way to tell if you have the aluminum or steel, if your's is painted black it is steel.

If you guys get a second take a look under your car to see if you have a black or aluminum.

Thanks,

Scott

So you're saying that if it's not black, that means it's aluminum? I don't know if I buy that one. Mine is black. I thought both were steel, just that some were painted and some were not.

Tana must wipe better than you, :hysterical2::hysterical2: yours is much more rusty than hers, matter of fact hers was bought waaay before yours and you have that much rust already?

So, can we start calling Grabber "Rust butt" now?? :hysterical2:

Maybe Orange cars rust faster? They got to be faster at something so it might as well be rusting.

Archived