TEAM SHELBY FORUM

supersnake color options

Tribeca North,

I have already talked with Amy pleading my case for stripe delete so I can put my own on (vinyl stripes or paint) & this is what she said "No, no stripe delete. The cars must leave complete"

I agree with you on the owner of the car should be able to have a say in what goes on the car but this time we are being over ruled by the SAI design & marketing team. A lot of us have heard (see link below) the Robb report where Carroll says he has nothing to do with the color combos, he leaves that up to the design team since they are the ones who know the customer. I guess in this case they wanted to create something that was special & different looking, not something that represent the looks of a car they were resurrecting, true to its heritage or colors. They got the performance right, but IMO they just missed on the overall looks for the die hard Shelby Enthusiast & went after the elitist collectors who ask no questions & throw big money.

We must let this issue go & move on with plan "B", what ever your plan "B" was or is. It’s counter productive now to waste anymore time even talking about something that is set in stone. They have there 1st 100 orders & that's all they really needed to hit the “No turning back" point. Either we buy it & re-stripe the car or we don't & spend our money elsewhere. You have up to 3 years to decide or less depending on the limit they set.

HotRod

edit: added Robb Report link (go to interview #3 for to hear what I'm talking about)

http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/Wheels/...ll-Shelby-5.asp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived