TEAM SHELBY FORUM

supersnake color options

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the same color combo. Was wondering exact same thing.

From what I've been told they are considering their options. Initially, I was told that the stripes would only come in black. There are two groups of cars that are impacted by "black only" stripes, Ebony cars and cars with the Red Stripe Appearance Package.

From what I've been told they are considering their options. Initially, I was told that the stripes would only come in black. There are two groups of cars that are impacted by "black only" stripes, Ebony cars and cars with the Red Stripe Appearance Package.

How can you say that ...my car currently is vista blue with white stripes black would not go at all maybe silver or white but certainly not black. Don't forget the original in 67 was white with blue stripes not black!

How can you say that ...my car currently is vista blue with white stripes black would not go at all maybe silver or white but certainly not black. Don't forget the original in 67 was white with blue stripes not black!

Sorry, I wasn't saying that Vista Blue would go well with black stripes. All I was saying is black with black would be virtually invisible and removing the red stripes of the Red Appearance Pack makes no sense after paying $1650 for the package.

Unless something has changed, all current colors of stripes will be available for the SS package. I do not believe that there will be only one color (flat black) offered. I specifically asked that question because of my painted on Tungston stripes, and I was told that Tungston, as well as the other color stripes will be offered.

Unless something has changed, all current colors of stripes will be available for the SS package. I do not believe that there will be only one color (flat black) offered. I specifically asked that question because of my painted on Tungston stripes, and I was told that Tungston, as well as the other color stripes will be offered.

What happens if you don't want the stripes? Is this now considered not to be a SS if it doesn't have vinyl stripes? I would perfer to have them painted on or none at all, as well as not to crazy about swapping out my aluminum hood for one that's fiberglass.

i was told yesterday that the hood will be black only

Sorry, I wasn't saying that Vista Blue would go well with black stripes. All I was saying is black with black would be virtually invisible and removing the red stripes of the Red Appearance Pack makes no sense after paying $1650 for the package.

Black on Black is very nice. Have you seen a Black GT/CS or Black Mach 1.

98624feb062b8pn.jpg

69%20Big%20block%20Mach%20One%20012.jpg

a few links of a GT/CS with top stripes.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.p...mp;d=1165211179

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.p...mp;d=1166216650

My car is ebony with tungston stripes currently. My question is when I get the SS package what will be my stripe color options since black is out of the question?

Gloss Ebony and Matt Black Stripes would be BAD A$$ X 1000

I was wondering the same thing-- how subtle would flat black striping turn out on my Alloy metallic?

a few links of a GT/CS with top stripes.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.p...mp;d=1166216650

Wow, I haven't seen that before...surprisingly good--the flat black stripes over gloss black...

thanks for posting. What detailing product is used on the flat-finish stripes to maintain them?.. to prevent them from becoming uneven/blotchy or chalky.

I was wondering the same thing-- how subtle would flat black striping turn out on my Alloy metallic?

Wow, I haven't seen that before...surprisingly good--the flat black stripes over gloss black...

thanks for posting. What detailing product is used on the flat-finish stripes to maintain them?.. to prevent them from becoming uneven/blotchy or chalky.

If I remember correctly they are just overlays the same as the 500s just got from a local company that does decals. One of the guys at work has a legend lime with boss legend stripes I'll ask him how he takes care of them.

Something must have changed, because I was told today (June 22) by a reliable source at SAI that all SS's will come with flat black stripes. I hope they reconsider since my car is Vista Blue.

Also, I was told they have not made a final decision on cable-pin hood tie-downs vs. the KR twist type. Again, I hope they give us a choice. I would prefer the twist-type.

I think the cable pin decision has been made according to AMY's post:

"guys, a FEW THOUGHTS

THE HOOD PINS ON THE ORIGINAL SS WERE PINS, NOT THE SPRING LOADED, THIS CAR WILL not have the spring loaded like theKR,

The hood on the super snake is functional...."

Something must have changed, because I was told today (June 22) by a reliable source at SAI that all SS's will come with flat black stripes. I hope they reconsider since my car is Vista Blue.

Also, I was told they have not made a final decision on cable-pin hood tie-downs vs. the KR twist type. Again, I hope they give us a choice. I would prefer the twist-type.

Yes, I verified the same, and I was sorry to hear about the decision. Oh well, it's disapointing to me, but certainly not a deal breaker. Grabber Orange and black stripes...Hummm, I guess I'll be a smash hit driving around during Holloween. " LOOK, IT'S THE GREAT SUPER PUMPKIN, CHARLEY BROWN!" :hysterical2:

Check out this pick of a GT/CS with satin black side stripes. It might give you a good idea of how they will look on your car.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.p...mp;d=1179973612

If I can't get the Vista Blue Stripes put back on it will break the deal for me!

Ditto

Maybe those of us who feel strongly about this matter need to politely let Amy know how we feel, and she might envoke a change.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think the cable pin decision has been made according to AMY's post:

"guys, a FEW THOUGHTS

THE HOOD PINS ON THE ORIGINAL SS WERE PINS, NOT THE SPRING LOADED, THIS CAR WILL not have the spring loaded like theKR,

The hood on the super snake is functional...."

From what I was told, some parts of the package are still under consideration. I don't know why they couldn't give us a choice between the two types of hood pins. Probably not a big deal to change out in any event.

From what I was told, some parts of the package are still under consideration. I don't know why they couldn't give us a choice between the two types of hood pins. Probably not a big deal to change out in any event.

I don't know about that, if you look close at the KR the hood push-in pins are set IN the hood so the new SS hood won't worky with those pins.2008_GT500_KR5.jpg

2008_GT500_KR5.jpg

Same here. Can't take a Red Stripe Package and change 'em to black.

You know, that is a VERY excellent point you have there my friend. Makes absolute perfect sense. Please express your position to Amy.

I think pink stripes for black, blue & alloy cars :hysterical2: I'll take the flat black for my RED car, looks mean, then again I guess that's why they picked RED for the 1st SS car, it is the fastesthappy%20feet.gif

More likely a sympathy move for red cars. Apparently they need all the help they can get.

Archived