TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anyone have any Build Date on there 2008 Shelby Gt500 yet

scs1

I don't expect a vin for at least a month or two. I'm getting the second one at the dealership and I don't know when they are getting the first one built. They told me about a week and a half ago, that they expected to get their first 2008 vin in a week or two.

Our very first 2008 GT500 has a full VIN (and has since the day we ordered it on May 17th). It is scheduled to be built on June 27th, with an ETA of July 12th. Add 2-3 more weeks for striping at Woodhaven, and I expect to have it no later than the first week of August. Vista Blue Coupe with White Stripes.

I talked to Ralph at the plant today and he said that Next week Friday June 29th the last 2007 GT500 will be built. He said that the first 2008 GT500 will be built the following Monday July 2nd.

I talked to Ralph at the plant today and he said that Next week Friday June 29th the last 2007 GT500 will be built. He said that the first 2008 GT500 will be built the following Monday July 2nd.

Ford shows Job 1 for the 08 is 6/25. FiveO says their first 08 is scheduled to be built on 6/27. Ralph says the last 07 will be built on 6/29 and the 1st 08 on 7/2.

I wonder which is mixed up?

With the 08 coming out right after the 07 and with the wait on getting these cars shipped, I wonder how many 08's will end up hitting lots before all the 07's are delivered to dealers waiting on them?

I just call it like I see it. I get my info straight from Ford's Conceps system. Not sure why Ford would give us different info in the order banks than what Ralph has.

Luckily, our last 2007 GT500's arrives tomorrow, so it'll be here 1.5 months before our first 2008 GT500 is due in. Now, our 2007 Shelby GT's are a whole different story (3 more still on the way, and two of those are just arriving at SAI this week!).

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 18 2007, 08:42 PM) 165688[/snapback]
I just call it like I see it. I get my info straight from Ford's Conceps system. Not sure why Ford would give us different info in the order banks than what Ralph has.

Luckily, our last 2007 GT500's arrives tomorrow, so it'll be here 1.5 months before our first 2008 GT500 is due in. Now, our 2007 Shelby GT's are a whole different story (3 more still on the way, and two of those are just arriving at SAI this week!).

As of June 15th Ford still shows Job 1 for 08 Mustang being 6/25. But they are still showing 07 final build date as TBD.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 18 2007, 08:42 PM) 165688[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just call it like I see it. I get my info straight from Ford's Conceps system. Not sure why Ford would give us different info in the order banks than what Ralph has.

As of June 15th Ford still shows Job 1 for 08 Mustang being 6/25. But they are still showing 07 final build date as TBD.

Hello shelbydude does the order # tell you anything or does anything on the order tell you anything like were you are in line ? and what does priorty 10 mean Thanks scs1

Ford shows Job 1 for the 08 is 6/25. FiveO says their first 08 is scheduled to be built on 6/27. Ralph says the last 07 will be built on 6/29 and the 1st 08 on 7/2.

I wonder which is mixed up?

With the 08 coming out right after the 07 and with the wait on getting these cars shipped, I wonder how many 08's will end up hitting lots before all the 07's are delivered to dealers waiting on them?

Ordered my 08 yesterday, and really didn't expect to hear anything for a few weeks. The dealer just called me and said todays DORA report shows the Shelby as "Material Hold". He called the regional rep and was told it's due to the engine. Kinda wonder if this has anything to do with the rumors about new Damper, Fly Wheel, Rods, etc.??? B)

Ordered my 08 yesterday, and really didn't expect to hear anything for a few weeks. The dealer just called me and said todays DORA report shows the Shelby as "Material Hold". He called the regional rep and was told it's due to the engine. Kinda wonder if this has anything to do with the rumors about new Damper, Fly Wheel, Rods, etc.??? B)

All orders start off on material hold until they are serialized. It is a standard term untill your build is set, or released. Welcome to the forum Krusher.

I agree with ShelbyDude in that the date you order your car has not effect on the build or delivery date. Is is all a dice roll as I see it. I ordered on 6/15 and the dealer told me the order was accepted but nothing more since, well it has only been a few days, but it is already like a year... sort of like dog years when you are waiting.

I agree with ShelbyDude in that the date you order your car has not effect on the build or delivery date. Is is all a dice roll as I see it. I ordered on 6/15 and the dealer told me the order was accepted but nothing more since, well it has only been a few days, but it is already like a year... sort of like dog years when you are waiting.

I don't think Shelby Dude meant it's random as much as the order date does not necessarily affect the delivery date <lol>.

It also depends on things like region, prioroty, volumes, other on-order, backlogs, dealer clout, politics etc. At the extreme we've seen it range from 6-8 weeks to 6-8 months. Not random tho it sure can seem like it sometimes and some dealers are more prone to placate with 'creative' explanations.

Last year about this time there was a lot of discussion on the overall order process, terminology, codes, allocation, etc. and while '08 allocation is different, the other considerations are likely similar. If you do some searches you should find some interesting threads with alot of insight (way more than I have <lol>).

here is my order sheet after making the changes today

ordera.jpg

orderb.jpg

order dates and order priorities will effect the date,

our sister store ordered 2 weeks before me and their build date is 14 days before mine

personally, i think monday is a good day, much better than a friday car lol

order dates and order priorities will effect the date,

our sister store ordered 2 weeks before me and their build date is 14 days before mine

personally, i think monday is a good day, much better than a friday car lol

Beefcake, forgive me... where are you referencing a Friday or Monday build? Just curious

Archived