TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Starting to phase out the GT500 Super Snakes???

I noticed in the newsletter that the price of the GT500 Super Snakes (with the 3.6 KB) will be going up in another month. Thoughts? Why else would they jack up the price of the 07-12 to be that of the 13-14.....a 9K dollar increase? Are they starting to phase out the GT500 Super Snake builds?

Jim

Jim- No hidden agenda to our promotion other than the price adjustment reflects the updated market costs for the upfit and removes a lot of the confusion that new (to) Shelby GT500 customers have about the differences in the Super Snakes.

We still intend to support the '07-14 platform and in fact, have been working to streamline our production process to better enable a faster delivery time.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

- Gary

It probably should be noted that I don't believe SAI has ever substantially raised the price before on the earlier Super Snakes builds, any minor price increases usually came with more content. Yes several years back SAI changed the take-off parts terms but that was partially done as to not raise the SS package price. So SAI has gone many years without a substantial price increase and you're getting an advance notice before they do increase the price next month.

Steve

Base price for the SS package changing and specific option price changing might be two different stories. During my ordering process I recall that the price for the widebody option jumped about $7K based on demand and output from SAI. Price hike was just one of the reasons I decided not to wait the extra build time for widebody option on my SS.

Steve...didn't they go from $34.5 to $36.5 last year?

From what I recall price changes in the past were usually part of a content change, we've had some substantial changes from the original 605/725 horsepower days. There have also been sales in the past where buyers received additional cost options at no charge.

The purpose of my post was to point out that SAI could have routinely raised prices each and every year, like may other companies do, but instead have kept prices relatively steady over the years. I'm speaking rather generically in an overall sense that any base package price increases usually came with additional content or higher grade content. Options like the WB kit are a separate issue with their own unique situations. I've adjusted my previous post to make that posting clearer.

While no one likes price increases, well no one except for the accounting department, we should appreciate the heads up SAI has provided before this upcoming price increase takes effect.

Steve

I just read about the GT500 price hike in the newsletter, I gotta admit I wasn't to thrilled about it. Does anyone know if the new price increase only affects the KB 850hp option or does it affect the lesser hp package's as well? Basically, is this a price hike on all SS package's for 07-14 Shelby's?

I just read about the GT500 price hike in the newsletter, I gotta admit I wasn't to thrilled about it. Does anyone know if the new price increase only affects the KB 850hp option or does it affect the lesser hp package's as well? Basically, is this a price hike on all SS package's for 07-14 Shelby's?

It's best for the Shelby sales department to answer these questions as they will have the most up to date answers. Calling the sales department wont cost you anything by using our toll free number which is 844-283-5750

Steve

This will be an across the board price adjustment for all of the SS upgrades ('07-14).

- G

SAI was thinking about opening up a "New Take Off" Parts Store like Roush & Saleen has.......did that happen yet?

Search eBay, take-off parts from Shelby builds are listed by "shelbyauctions" regularly.

Here is a link to the current Shelby items, both take-off from builds and new parts from SPP............

http://stores.ebay.com/shelbyauctions/_i.html?rt=nc&_ipg=192

There have been many, many GT500 Super Snake new take-off and other unique items that have been auctioned over the last 2 years.

Most of the "new" items are now Shelby Super Snake take-offs (Mustang GT), not GT500 Super Snake, since most GT500's are not new now.

If a person wants new take-off 2015/16 Mustang GT oem parts, now is the time to pick those parts up from Shelby at good prices.

R

Edited by Robert M

From what I recall price changes in the past were usually part of a content change, we've had some substantial changes from the original 605/725 horsepower days. There have also been sales in the past where buyers received additional cost options at no charge.

The purpose of my post was to point out that SAI could have routinely raised prices each and every year, like may other companies do, but instead have kept prices relatively steady over the years. I'm speaking rather generically in an overall sense that any base package price increases usually came with additional content or higher grade content. Options like the WB kit are a separate issue with their own unique situations. I've adjusted my previous post to make that posting clearer.

While no one likes price increases, well no one except for the accounting department, we should appreciate the heads up SAI has provided before this upcoming price increase takes effect.

Steve

Yes Steve, those were the days...........

013_zps3f3b564a.jpg

I remember when my Eibach Coilover option was $100 upgrade over the FRPP suspension that was the standard Super Snake install. For $100 upgrade charge, it was a no-brainer to choose coilovers!!

R

Yes Steve, those were the days...........

013_zps3f3b564a.jpg

I remember when my Eibach Coilover option was $100 upgrade over the FRPP suspension that was the standard Super Snake install. For $100 upgrade charge, it was a no-brainer to choose coilovers!!

R

Edited by B Shelby

• 1 month later...

I have not been to SAI in over 6 months, and I am curious as to the ratio of GT500 SS's they are currently producing vs Shelby SS's....especially with the now effective price increase on the GT500 models. Can anyone chime in that has been there recently. I suppose it will take several months to push through all the elder priced cars, but I am still curious as to how production is unfolding.

Hard to tell when I went to the shop yesterday, but from what I could see on the racks in the first couple of rows, it looked like current model Ponies being upgraded to SGT or SS level. I did not see any GT500 models being worked on, but that doesn't mean that they were no there, just not visible to me. Interesting to see the power coming from the new 5.0 Coyote block being close to the now deceased 5.8L. However, I had a GT500, I would strongly consider an SS upgrade before the program stops.

I have not been to SAI in over 6 months, and I am curious as to the ratio of GT500 SS's they are currently producing vs Shelby SS's....especially with the now effective price increase on the GT500 models. Can anyone chime in that has been there recently. I suppose it will take several months to push through all the elder priced cars, but I am still curious as to how production is unfolding.

+1

With the new prices of upfitting a 2007 - 2012 GT500 to an SS, plus checking a lot of the option boxes pushes the conversion to near 57K. Add another 3K to ship back and forth from the Midwest, does make a person take pause and ponder whether it's a smart move for that age of vehicle.

I see the problem. There is an error on the build on site. The raise in price also reflects the addition of several items that used to be an up charge. Most of them are outlined in the brochure. The 07-12 now includes rear 4-piston Shelby Wildwood disc brakes, the Extreme Cooling package, one-piece drive shaft, and a choice of 800hp Whipple 4.0 of Kenne Bell 3.6 in any finish.No upcharge. The build one has not been updated and is showing that those item account for $6,000+ in options when they are now standard features. Update coming really soon.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2007-12SS.pdf

I see the problem. There is an error on the build on site. The raise in price also reflects the addition of several items that used to be an up charge. Most of them are outlined in the brochure. The 07-12 now includes rear 4-piston Shelby Wildwood disc brakes, the Extreme Cooling package, one-piece drive shaft, and a choice of 800hp Whipple 4.0 of Kenne Bell 3.6 in any finish.No upcharge. The build one has not been updated and is showing that those item account for $6,000+ in options when they are now standard features. Update coming really soon.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2007-12SS.pdf

Nice! Thanks Chris :clapping: