TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lighting Question HID Headlight & LED Fogs

FlowerSHO

I’m looking for a lens replacement for my dad’s 2013 Shelby GT500, and I need your help since the last place I ordered from “said” it was for the Shelby, but it was a non-HID. :shrug: I figure this is the best place to get some help so I can salvage the botched Christmas present.

The lens cover on the passenger side has a crack in it, and I want to get that fixed. Do I need to get the entire housing, or can you replace the lens only? Any recommendations on who I should order from?

He did mention the 5000k LED fog light bulb replacements, but I’m not sure what type of bulb fits. Since I live quite a ways away, I need a little help to make sure I get it right this time.

If I can get a lens cover, I'm hoping I can afford to get him both… That way the botched surprise will still be a surprise when he gets both. (unless he checks this forum and realizes it's me)

Edited by FlowerSHO

I'm not a parts expert, but I don't think you can buy just a headlight lens without the rest of the assembly (from Ford). I'm pretty sure you're looking for DR3Z-13008-C. They're NOT cheap, even from the most cost effective dealers (Tousley and Tasca).

+1 for VLEDS, which I've run for a couple of years with no problems. Great product.

Thanks for the links, that helped a bunch! Yes, the HID's are a little outside of my budget for now. I can now send him the bulbs he wanted with confidence!

:mademyday:

Happy to help! Before giving up on the HID lens, you might try calling Tousley and/or Tasca to confirm whether it's available by itself. Another option, though not new, would be to look for someone parting-out salvage vehicles.

Edited by Norton