TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015-2016 Super Snake

I don't disagree with that assessment. The magnaride and cf wheels alone make HUGE strides in performance. My worry is over that dang mt82. I know a few 5.0 guys that have grenaded their trannies, driveshaft, input, and clutches. The few that are running high hp in the auto seem to be having better luck, but having a 5.0 auto, I've yet to try out the paddle shifting to see how it functions on track.

What year were the MT82 trannies that blew up? 15+? I have not seen any blow up and we have been flogging them pretty good. Did anyone notice how many laps Patterson made at the Bash last year giving rides. That car has seen many many track miles. Never had a tranny problem. None of the company cars have, and they are driven really hard. But then again they are track driven, not strip driven. If you could manage to fit a drag or cheater slick and take it to the strip you would eventually have an issue. But, that is drag racing.

• 2 weeks later...

On one hand, including a membership raises awareness of Team Shelby and the forum. I'd include a little note about the registry and encourage them to add their car to the registry. Many buyers may not even be aware that this forum and the registry exist. On the other hand, when we donated the BJ SGT at the auction in 2009 we included a TS membership "gift certificate". It was never redeemed.

That is because the buyer picked it up while wearing new white cotton gloves, but it in an archival grade sleeve and stored it away with the car.

Hey guys I think you found what your looking for....I could finally say that I'm a proud owner of a 2015 Super Snake. Ive received my CSM#15SS0002 about 2 weeks ago and yes Its been a long road since I've ordered the SS back in Dec 2014 which is one of the reasons why I've got CSM#002 (the other reason of course is the extra cost for getting number #002).

Ill tell you guys more about it in my next post....

Hey guys I think you found what your looking for....I could finally say that I'm a proud owner of a 2015 Super Snake. Ive received my CSM#15SS0002 about 2 weeks ago and yes Its been a long road since I've ordered the SS back in Dec 2014 which is one of the reasons why I've got CSM#002 (the other reason of course is the extra cost for getting number #002).

Ill tell you guys more about it in my next post....

Congrats that is excellent!

Enjoy,

David

I am from near Toronto, Canada and I placed a deposit with SAI Las Vegas back in August, and had since ordered and took delivery of a GT350. Also that I had since ordered and recently took delivery a basic Mustang GT 6sp with Recaro seats to be used as a base car for the SuperSnake modification.

When I found out that Shelby West Canada in Fort Saskatchewan (just outside of Edmonton) is producing the SuperSnake for Canada, I went to see them and asked to transfer the production from Vegas to there, in order to avoid the hassle of bring a highly modified car back to the country, and to shorten the trucking route. I was told that SWC has an allocation for 50 in Canada, that is in addition to the 300 from SAI, using identical parts and methods as in SAI, and will have its own set of chassis numbers that starts in the 500's. Only catch is that the work is priced in USD, even in Canada, and the Canadian Dollar had since dropped from almost at par with the US, to around $0.70 USD. So now my cost has gone up almost 40%.

I have since received a refund from SAI for my deposit, and have yet to put it towards the Canadian production.

I am sitting on the fence now, hesitate to make a decision for the following reasons:

1. The Road and track review of car #001 confirmed my worse fear, that the power is too much for the rest of the car. I understand that it was car #001, and a lot of shaking down still yet had to be done at the time of the article. But the fundamentals of the problem still hasn't change, and SAI doesn't have as much money and resources as Ford to do it right like in the GT350.

2. Will the rumored next GT500, with the rumored 700 - 800 HP, make the SuperSnake look like a joke handling wise. Why should I spend twice as much now for a future half a car?

3. On the other hand, the SuperSnake will be a "true" (Please, no more beating on a dead horse debate on this topic here, please!) Shelby pertaining to the process in which it will be created, rather than a special edition Mustang with a Shelby badge, built and completed on the regular Mustang line. This will be a true collectible versus a production line GT350 or GT500.

4. From their Facebook page it appears that SWC has only produced one car for Canada thus car. Do I want to be guinea pig #2?

So I don't know what to do now.

Edited by GTA Shelby

I am from near Toronto, Canada and I placed a deposit with SAI Las Vegas back in August, and had since ordered and took delivery of a GT350. Also that I had since ordered and recently took delivery a basic Mustang GT 6sp with Recaro seats to be used as a base car for the SuperSnake modification.

When I found out that Shelby West Canada in Fort Saskatchewan (just outside of Edmonton) is producing the SuperSnake for Canada, I went to see them and asked to transfer the production from Vegas to there, in order to avoid the hassle of bring a highly modified car back to the country, and to shorten the trucking route. I was told that SWC has an allocation for 50 in Canada, that is in addition to the 300 from SAI, using identical parts and methods as in SAI, and will have its own set of chassis numbers that starts in the 500's. Only catch is that the work is priced in USD, even in Canada, and the Canadian Dollar had since dropped from almost at par with the US, to around $0.70 USD. So now my cost has gone up almost 40%.

I have since received a refund from SAI for my deposit, and have yet to put it towards the Canadian production.

I am sitting on the fence now, hesitate to make a decision for the following reasons:

1. The Road and track review of car #001 confirmed my worse fear, that the power is too much for the rest of the car. I understand that it was car #001, and a lot of shaking down still yet had to be done at the time of the article. But the fundamentals of the problem still hasn't change, and SAI doesn't have as much money and resources as Ford to do it right like in the GT350.

2. Will the rumored next GT500, with the rumored 700 - 800 HP, make the SuperSnake look like a joke handling wise. Why should I spend twice as much now for a future half a car?

3. On the other hand, the SuperSnake will be a "true" (Please, no more beating on a dead horse debate on this topic here, please!) Shelby pertaining to the process in which it will be created, rather than a special edition Mustang with a Shelby badge, built and completed on the regular Mustang line. This will be a true collectible versus a production line GT350 or GT500.

4. From their Facebook page it appears that SWC has only produced one car for Canada thus car. Do I want to be guinea pig #2?

So I don't know what to do now.

I agree the Canadian dollar will be a big hit to your wallet. I think (for me), that would be the only reason to hesitate. The Super Snake is a beautiful car, but the 40% $$ is huge! I would have no hesitations about Shelby Canada West. They are great people and are extremely capable of building this car for you. Can you contact the other owner, or have him contact you?

• 2 weeks later...

50th Anniversary Edition (#1298), CSM#15SS0006. Blue with white stripes. Had Shelby install all the options. Drove the car at Spring Mountain Raceway for about 100 laps. I can't say enough good things about the car, the design team, the build team, and the sales team.

IMG 5833

50th Anniversary Edition (#1298), CSM#15SS0006. Blue with white stripes. Had Shelby install all the options. Drove the car at Spring Mountain Raceway for about 100 laps. I can't say enough good things about the car, the design team, the build team, and the sales team.

Welcome to TS, was wondering if & when you'd show up.

Bet April 9th can't come soon enough.

Your new project sounds interesting, have you located the car yet ?

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

Welcome to TS, was wondering if & when you'd show up.

Bet April 9th can't come soon enough.

Your new project sounds interesting, have you located the car yet ?

;-) Was waiting until I drove the car and learned enough about it before joining teamshelby.com

I've got a call scheduled with Jason Harlow at Shelby this week to go over the parts list. Until I've got those parts priced out, I'm not planning on reaching out to anyone on the used 2015. I did call Borla, Weld and Whipple to see if they will sell me what Shelby sells. They all said no. On the phone call with Borla today they said not only is the SS exhaust a Shelby modified design, but also said it does differ quite a bit from the general retail exhaust packages that Borla sells.

I don't get emails letting me know someone responded to a post on this site. Do you know if there is a way to have that functionality?

Just got a return call from Whipple (asked the sales guy Friday to have a tech guy call me back)....they sell the same SC to the general public with the same tune that they sell to Shelby. However, the badging is Whipple not Shelby and they believe Shelby does something to the tune on their end but not 100% certain. They also believe Shelby uses different fans and build a special coolant tank and hosing for the SC that Whipple does not offer.

Edited by medwards

" I don't get emails letting me know someone responded to a post on this site. Do you know if there is a way to have that functionality? "

Go to:

Your profile

Settings

Click - notification options, you can select what & how you are notified.

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

Sweet ride, congrats!!

• 9 months later...

image3.JPGDSC00891.JPG

CSM15 0031 Ordered 5/15/15,delivered 12/8/15. Love the car it has been a blast! Only a few minor fit and finish issues. Biggest problem is people chasing me to get pictures,it gets a lot of attention. I once had a highway patrolman stop me just to look at it. Everyone at SAI is great, Gary Patterson is the best!