TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015-2016 Super Snake

Wondering if anyone has bought and received their 2015 Super Snake?

If so, what is your opinion on finished product and how does the IRS handle all that power in real world driving?​

What not a single person has done a 2015 Shelby Super Snake? I've seen pictures of at least 6 different ones and two I know are SAI cars​

Looking over the list of 2015-16 Super Snake buyers I do not recognize any owners as active participants on Team Shelby so its not surprising that replies to the OP's question are not flooding in.

It might be more beneficial to ask folks who have attended the Shelby American Track Experience events on their thoughts on driving the 2015 Super Snake.

Steve

Looking over the list of 2015-16 Super Snake buyers I do not recognize any owners as active participants on Team Shelby so its not surprising that replies to the OP's question are not flooding in.

It might be more beneficial to ask folks who have attended the Shelby American Track Experience events on their thoughts on driving the 2015 Super Snake.

Steve

How many of those new Super Snakes are off to Dubai and Qatar maybe that's why?

How many of those new Super Snakes are off to Dubai and Qatar maybe that's why?

I'm confident that if there are any owners from Dubai and or Qatar, they would have access to the internet so they could certainly participate on the Team Shelby forums if so desired. You would need to contact the Shelby Sales director with questions regarding our customer base and their location, it would be his call to release that sort of information or not.

Steve

I'm confident that if there are any owners from Dubai and or Qatar, they would have access to the internet so they could certainly participate on the Team Shelby forums if so desired. You would need to contact the Shelby Sales director with questions regarding our customer base and their location, it would be his call to release that sort of information or not.

Steve

I may have changed my mind and order one that depends on what Gary P tells me about my request

I have 0031,delivered 12/8/15. Drove it long way home to Fresno,Ca performed flawlessly. No problems and it got 20MPG. I love this car! Vince and everyone at Sheby have done a great job. You probably haven't heard much from new owners because they are too busy having fun and smiling. I know I am!

Steve

According to my calculations, "we" (Team Shelby Forum Participants) represent less than 1/10th of 1% of Shelby automobile owners worldwide ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

Even more interesting would be how many new European Mustang owners will be "Shelbyizing" their new rides.....SuperSnake etc.?

I am on one of the UKs Mustang sites and there are loads of members posting that they have ordered new 'us tangs and are awaiting delivery.

It's going to be a very interesting situation over there in the next year or so.........watch that space!!!!'mm

I have 0031,delivered 12/8/15. Drove it long way home to Fresno,Ca performed flawlessly. No problems and it got 20MPG. I love this car! Vince and everyone at Sheby have done a great job. You probably haven't heard much from new owners because they are too busy having fun and smiling. I know I am!

This package came together late in 2015 and they built or orders for 31 so far, I'm amazed at that number​

What does Shelby Team Membership have to do with the 2015-2016 Super Snake?

Go to another tread

I'm trying to get existing owners info on the car since I cannot buy the new GT350 that leaves the Super Snake and a few others. I have watched just about every video on the new GT350 and Ford seems to have gotten the suspension perfect. My concern with the Super Snake is does the massive HP outhandle the suspension on the car coming AS IS? Ford has the magnetic ride suspension on the GT350 dialed in so good that not even professional drivers could break it loose going full throttle out of the turn and since the SS has 200 more HP the Eibach stuff is good but nowhere near the best stuff out there so how much more will I have to spend to have the suspension to handle the 750hp? I don't do 1/4 mile or mile racing I drive my cars and race on track for fun but serious when racing.

I personally think with the cost of the SS it should be coming with JRi's or Penske's adjustable coil-overs

I haven't driven the new car with the IRS so I don't know it may be able to handle it just fine but car is very expensive and better to ask before buying

That is a great point on the suspension for the SS vs. the GT350 state of the art magnetic ride. I am assuming it would be very difficult to retro the magnetic suspension to the GT and there are no aftermarket options available yet. I guess the question is the SS targeted at track cars like the GT350 and Z28 with their sophisticated wheels, tires, and suspension for the track or straight line cars like the GT500, Zl1, Challenger, etc.?

Go to another tread

He was probably thinking that if the Super Snakes came with a free TS membership that might entice 2015-16 SS owners to post about their car here on TS, at least that's the way I interpreted his post. Now the question is would that be the case? I'm thinking no since any 2015-16 Super Snake owners can already post on TS for free so including a premium TS membership with their SS purchase probably wouldn't be much of a deciding factor for them to post or not to post.

39Mustang, while I understand that SAI is quite a distance from you, there is the Shelby Track Experience available, don't forget if you end up purchasing a SS the cost of the Track Experience is credited to your SS purchase, and there is also the Shelby Bash where SAI will have the 2015 SS available for potential buyers to experience on the track, as a ride-a-long, for free.

Steve

He was probably thinking that if the Super Snakes came with a free TS membership that might entice 2015-16 SS owners to post about their car here on TS, at least that's the way I interpreted his post. Now the question is would that be the case? I'm thinking no since any 2015-16 Super Snake owners can already post on TS for free so including a premium TS membership with their SS purchase probably wouldn't be much of a deciding factor for them to post or not to post.

39Mustang, while I understand that SAI is quite a distance from you, there is the Shelby Track Experience available, don't forget if you end up purchasing a SS the cost of the Track Experience is credited to your SS purchase, and there is also the Shelby Bash where SAI will have the 2015 SS available for potential buyers to experience on the track, as a ride-a-long, for free.

Steve

Steve,

I am definitely no expert, but I doubt a TS membership would be the deciding factor is someone goes for a SS package not. I was just mentioning (passive aggressively) that after paying all that $$ for mine, that a goodie bag and greater access on the forum would be a nice touch. It may also encourage new owners, that are not familiar with the TS family, to get on the fourm and engage with other owners. I don't know if you could put a $$ value on the experience you gain from reading and sharing with others here. If I go a day without perusing this site, it usually means I am on the track in my SS or out in the boonies without a interweb connection.

I have to admit I am quite jealous of the new owners that lock in their SS packages these days based on all the new vehicle options, and things like the day at the track. Guess that means I will just have to save up another wad of $$ for another one some day.

On one hand, including a membership raises awareness of Team Shelby and the forum. I'd include a little note about the registry and encourage them to add their car to the registry. Many buyers may not even be aware that this forum and the registry exist. On the other hand, when we donated the BJ SGT at the auction in 2009 we included a TS membership "gift certificate". It was never redeemed.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Guys, this thread is going a little off-topic so a new thread should be started if we want to continue the TS membership for SS owners discussion.

So now that we're back on topic, are there any 2015 SS owners out there who want to share their opinion with 39Mustang and the rest of us?

Steve

Wondering if anyone has bought and received their 2015 Super Snake?

If so, what is your opinion on finished product and how does the IRS handle all that power in real world driving?​

Go to another tread

I'm trying to get existing owners info on the car since I cannot buy the new GT350 that leaves the Super Snake and a few others. I have watched just about every video on the new GT350 and Ford seems to have gotten the suspension perfect. My concern with the Super Snake is does the massive HP outhandle the suspension on the car coming AS IS? Ford has the magnetic ride suspension on the GT350 dialed in so good that not even professional drivers could break it loose going full throttle out of the turn and since the SS has 200 more HP the Eibach stuff is good but nowhere near the best stuff out there so how much more will I have to spend to have the suspension to handle the 750hp? I don't do 1/4 mile or mile racing I drive my cars and race on track for fun but serious when racing.

I personally think with the cost of the SS it should be coming with JRi's or Penske's adjustable coil-overs

I haven't driven the new car with the IRS so I don't know it may be able to handle it just fine but car is very expensive and better to ask before buying

That is a great point on the suspension for the SS vs. the GT350 state of the art magnetic ride. I am assuming it would be very difficult to retro the magnetic suspension to the GT and there are no aftermarket options available yet. I guess the question is the SS targeted at track cars like the GT350 and Z28 with their sophisticated wheels, tires, and suspension for the track or straight line cars like the GT500, Zl1, Challenger, etc.?

I finally got to see a 2015-16 Super Snake in person at the Shelby Cruise In to the Petersen Museum yesterday. ONLY LOOKING at it, I saw an excellent finished product exterior and interior wise. The car looks even better in person than the pictures, the best looking version of the 15-16 in my opinion. I spoke with Gary S. from Shelby and was told the 15-16 Super Snake is targeted at track cars as it has high HP, but the torque is less with the 5.0 than past GT500 Super Snakes with the 5.4 and 5.8's. I would recommend going to the Shelby Bash for a free ride-a-long as Steve mentioned. It may convince you for the Track Experience that would be applied towards purchase. At the very least there may be 15-15 Super Snakes to look at and owners to talk to. A plane ticket may be worthwhile as the Bash is a great experience (I've been to one so far) along with fun in Vegas :whistling:

Regarding the GT350, whatever lack of room Ford left for improvement in the performance department, they more than made up for in the appearance department. The new Supersnake is far better looking than the new GT350. Plus a more tried and proven motor over the 5.2 Voodoo makes the SS tough to beat. Better sounding, more power and torque. It's like having your cake and eating it too. It also allows all the track guys to get in touch with their musclecar side a little, which we all know they really want to do !

Edited by cmcmotorworks

Regarding the GT350, whatever lack of room Ford left for improvement in the performance department, they more than made up for in the appearance department. The new Supersnake is far better looking than the new GT350. Plus a more tried and proven motor over the 5.2 Voodoo makes the SS tough to beat. Better sounding, more power and torque. It's like having your cake and eating it too. It also allows all the track guys to get in touch with their musclecar side a little, which we all know they really want to do !

I do like the look of the new SS, it would be interesting to see how the suspension and handling would compare to a GT350 on the track, would the magnetic ride offset the higher power of the SC and possible heat issue from the SC?

I do like the look of the new SS, it would be interesting to see how the suspension and handling would compare to a GT350 on the track, would the magnetic ride offset the higher power of the SC and possible heat issue from the SC?

The magnetic suspension will yes indeed be a huge factor when facing higher HP cars its one reason the Corvette Racing team has been kicking everyone's ass for a long time. Plus, the Super Snakes are not reving to 8,200 rpm's or the SS is going 'kaboom'. The Corvette guys as well as Porsche owners are going to find out just how great the new GT350 is and my main focus for asking this question about the new SS before buying is just how well the new body and IRS holds that 750hp on the track. There is a lot better suspension parts then the Eibach stuff and the SS should come with it

I don't disagree with that assessment. The magnaride and cf wheels alone make HUGE strides in performance. My worry is over that dang mt82. I know a few 5.0 guys that have grenaded their trannies, driveshaft, input, and clutches. The few that are running high hp in the auto seem to be having better luck, but having a 5.0 auto, I've yet to try out the paddle shifting to see how it functions on track.

I'm waiting a couple weeks to make the same decision you are facing. I've got a 350r on hold, but since it won't be built for a few months, and other factors, I'm now looking at going the 750 package on my 50th. Or trading it in on a triple yellow which I'm sure makes no sense to most.

I don't disagree with that assessment. The magnaride and cf wheels alone make HUGE strides in performance. My worry is over that dang mt82. I know a few 5.0 guys that have grenaded their trannies, driveshaft, input, and clutches. The few that are running high hp in the auto seem to be having better luck, but having a 5.0 auto, I've yet to try out the paddle shifting to see how it functions on track.

I'm waiting a couple weeks to make the same decision you are facing. I've got a 350r on hold, but since it won't be built for a few months, and other factors, I'm now looking at going the 750 package on my 50th. Or trading it in on a triple yellow which I'm sure makes no sense to most.

It all makes sense to me ! But let's all remember, it's important the car looks good going around the track, otherwise it's pointless ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

Which 50th? The White Annv. editions? If so you said might trade it in, if Automatic may be interested