TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So when will Shelby release theirs, @ BJ????

Jimmy Sak

Lets track it and really see. You can pick the road course. And yes, I have driven an 11 GT350. Cant you guys just knock off the real stuff. I'm not sure why you insist on trying to divide the house

He stated in any aspect. But we can do both. Ill just get someone else to do the drag strip part. Your opinion on the new GT350 is allowed Mike. I get it, you dont like it. And, honestly I have never heard anyone here hate on the GT350 that you own. Most of us would kill to have one. We just cant afford it.

What I have an issue with is this real Shelby argument. First, the only facts support the "they are all real" argument because thats what Carroll said. Secondly, its an argument we will never hear the end of and it pits members against members. Remember SAAC? They don't think your car is real either but, they are wrong.

Sorry ! Just joking around a little with the "Real" comment. Just a little friendly trash talk. I do like the new GT350 for what it is and it's difference to my 2012. I plan to purchase one when the prices come down.

OMG! Don't let Secondo, springer, or markham51 know that, you will be in big trouble hombre……… :) and have to put them on ignore like me…….. :lol:

Let us know what...you offer nothing here for 99% of us except an annoying sour attitude and narcissism. Your posts are nothing more than amusement and I look forward to them here and on the other forums - I'm always up for a laugh. Now I see you are keeping tract of dealer admins, you must live in a very small world. Get over it and get on with it!

Edited by springer

OK, thanks that's fair enough, but I will never track my car, just too dangerous with all those boy racers dashing around you…….. :)

And of course at the Bash, I will just sit it all out, I am not a good track driver at all, and they have no place for the SAI supercharged cars at Bash.

But, I will point out one thing, the price of the 2105 GT350 and Rs are way above my fully loaded, wide body, 624 HP '13 GT350. If you can't afford mine, no way you can afford those either. There is just a base car listed on eBay now that started at $127K and is now at $105K, still above my sticker. And when I was talking to a dealer about a '15 R, the conversation started at $180K, and bidding would move up from there, so don't fool yourself, the sticker means nothing on these cars and that makes me more than a little disappointed in the way Ford is doing this car considering the true stock performance characteristics from the documented tests.

Mike,

Went to the Shelby Bash in 2014 with a group of Mustangs including 3 Shelby Gt350's, all 3 were white with blue accents. Beautiful cars and very nice guys , didn't know the specs on each car and didn't care. You throw a lot of 2016 Shelby GT350 numbers out there that are on ebay . I'm sure there are a lot of 11-14 Shelby GT350's with elevated numbers which the seller will probably never get just like the 2016 numbers. I don't see any of your window sticker numbers posted to make a true comparison between your car and what people are actually paying for 2016's. I've had a few Mustangs and I appreciate all types, sure some better than others. That's why there are all types of makes and model, different stokes for different folks. No reason to degrade other people's choices in cars. I don't know if you have been in or driven a 2016 Shelby GT350 but I think the sound is awesome. Enjoy your choices as others will enjoy theirs.

Mike,

I don't know if you have been in or driven a 2016 Shelby GT350 but I think the sound is awesome. Enjoy your choices as others will enjoy theirs.

I have, a 2015 R, and I did not care for the exhaust note compared to my '13 GT350 Borla system with a supercharged Coyote, but I agree we all have our own opinions and tastes about cars and that is what makes life so much fun, we don't all have to think alike. :)

PS, I did see a '14 GT350 624 HP basic fastback sell at Mecum recently for $87K plus commission, so that seems to be a market point.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

PS, I did see a '14 GT350 624 HP basic fastback sell at Mecum recently for $87K plus commission, so that seems to be a market point.

That was auction mania. The dealer you quoted on the $127K GT350 (Gaudin Ford, Las Vegas) has a whole fleet of brand spankin' new 2014 Shelby GT350s for prices in the low 70s and up. I'd bet you could walk out of the dealer for under 70K.

I paid 40k for my 2011 mustang GT, and the She;by GT350 R tune was another 45k. So the price is 85k for a 624hp 2011 350.

I just got a 2016 350R for 67k + 7k ADM. 10k less.

Oh, and I tracked the hell out of my 2011. Heck, Patterson melted my brakes off it in Hallet in 2011.

2014 Shelby SVT Cobra TP/PP GT-500 Rules.......

Once you go 5.8 liter with the 2.3 liter TVS you'll never be satisfied with anything less.

Edited by Altruism

I don't know anything about the eBay prices you're referencing, but I bought a '16 GT350 from a dealer, and could have bought a second one for some of the numbers you're sharing. Some people have purchased them at sticker or with fairly minimal ADM's; that's fact.

Also, if anyone doesn't like the exhaust note of the stock GT350, no problem. Just scroll through the settings and change it to track mode. Then your neighbors will know you're home!

I definitely wouldn't expect anyone who owns the earlier SAI 350's to be disappointed. They're amazing cars in their own right. The new GT350 is simply a different car. Either you like it or you don't. I'm pretty sure you'll have a hard time convincing anyone who owns or drives one of the new ones that it's not worth every penny though!

• 3 weeks later...

I have, a 2015 R, and I did not care for the exhaust note compared to my '13 GT350 Borla system with a supercharged Coyote, but I agree we all have our own opinions and tastes about cars and that is what makes life so much fun, we don't all have to think alike. :)

Did you see Mecum today. Two 14 GT350 went on the block, one with 100 miles and one with 2,500 miles. The bid got to $65k on both of them, one sold one didn't. Pretty good buy.

So before this thread went every direction but forward, I had asked when SA was going to release their version of the new GT350. Since then the "spy" pic has been shown with the new Terlingua and a GT 350 behind it in their shop. So I will as the question again, thoughts of a SA modified model year 15-16 GT350? Lol I hope so!

So before this thread went every direction but forward, I had asked when SA was going to release their version of the new GT350. Since then the "spy" pic has been shown with the new Terlingua and a GT 350 behind it in their shop. So I will as the question again, thoughts of a SA modified model year 15-16 GT350? Lol I hope so!

Its not going to happen... the GT350 in their shop has nothing to do with any project. One of the factors with Ford taking over and producing the GT350 was that they could develop and build more of them then SAI and with the agreement allowing Ford to use the GT350 name was they meaning Ford would be the only one offering the GT350 with the name on it and SAI is not about to step on any toes. SAI has the Shelby GT, Super Snake, Shelby Eco-boost, Shelby Raptor, Shelby Baja 700 Raptor, and now the Terlingua so they are plenty busy.

Ill keep the faith that they will do something. I had lunch with Gary last spring when I picked up the sig snake. I asked him directly, and he did not confirm nor deny. I came about it from "the engine is too balanced to throw a SC on it" angle. He played the contrary and explained how he thought it could be done. One can always dream....

• 2 weeks later...