TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So when will Shelby release theirs, @ BJ????

Jimmy Sak

I will be stopping by their display area at BJ as I do every year, and see what they have brewing, the base Ford GT350 and R badly needs upgrades for performance, sound, styling, and most everything SAI does the best.

+1 .... I am excited to see what SA is offering.

I will be stopping by their display area at BJ as I do every year, and see what they have brewing, the base Ford GT350 and R badly needs upgrades for performance, sound, styling, and most everything SAI does the best.

Have to disagree with this one Mike the new GT350 needs nothing it is that good... oophs wait, how about a damn automatic transmission

Ford could use some better color choices on all the Mustang models! How about a GT350 in Highland Green, Legend Lime, Gulfstream Aqua, Black Jade, Royal Maroon, or Guardsman Blue

I never said it was "horrible", just that a car with under 500HP and less than 400 lb.ft., that does 0-60 in almost 4 seconds, 1/4 in the high 12s, and has an exhaust note that sounds more like a Euro-tuner, and plain, bland styling is not what I want in a $75-$126K car (and I am sure at least a few paid way more for their 2015Rs).

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Have to disagree with this one Mike the new GT350 needs nothing it is that good... oophs wait, how about a damn automatic transmission

Ford could use some better color choices on all the Mustang models! How about a GT350 in Highland Green, Legend Lime, Gulfstream Aqua, Black Jade, Royal Maroon, or Guardsman Blue

I think its missing the G.T 350 side stripes .

I never said it was "horrible", just that a car with under 500HP and less than 400 lb.ft., that does 0-60 in almost 4 seconds, 1/4 in the high 12s, and has an exhaust note that sounds more like a Euro-tuner, and plain, bland styling is not what I want in a $75-$126K car (and I am sure at least a few paid way more for their 2015Rs).

We know how you feel about this already. You want a straight line car. That's not the GT350. And if you try to make it into one you'll probably be disappointed. The GT350 meets or exceeds its purpose as a track car. Get a 2014 GT500 and you'll be happier than a pig in slop. You could wait for "the next big thing" but that could be a while.

I'm patient, my '13 GT350 is more than I need anyway and I love it better than anything new out there, and in the meantime there are so many vintage cars on my bucket list to do for technical judging in various groups, I can keep busy…….. :)

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

My '13 GT350 has 624 HP nominal, and the dyno shows 575 at the RW. The torque is 620 lb/ ft. on the dyno.

And BTW, I can put all that to the pavement with my 345X20s on the rear. It all hooks up when I switch to slicks.

I can't remember, have you ever posted your time slips here? Either with the 345's or slicks?

I think its missing the G.T 350 side stripes .

Yes it is and I think Ford should have put them on as every GT350 in history has the stripe on the side. The very tiny GT350 badge is so small that unless you are a Mustang person anyone else will have no clue what it is

Seen this and thought it was interesting. I want to know when they will be releasing the SAI version?

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/mustang/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-hpe800-supercharged/

Hennesseey cars are not reliable and not worth the cost

My '13 GT350 has 624 HP nominal, and the dyno shows 575 at the RW. The torque is 620 lb/ ft. on the dyno.

And BTW, I can put all that to the pavement with my 345X20s on the rear. It all hooks up when I switch to slicks.

I had a 99 Saleen Cobra that put down 602 to the rear wheels. You can always make more horsepower if you want. The stock GT500 in 08/09 made less power to the wheels then the GT350.

Gracias ! My 2012 (Real Shelby) GT350 kicks ass on the new Ford model ! In all aspects ! HeHeHe !

Lets track it and really see. You can pick the road course. And yes, I have driven an 11 GT350. Cant you guys just knock off the real stuff. I'm not sure why you insist on trying to divide the house

Lets track it and really see. You can pick the road course. And yes, I have driven an 11 GT350. Cant you guys just knock off the real stuff. I'm not sure why you insist on trying to divide the house

But that is not an apples to apples comparison, as some Ford GT350 fans have said here. Ours are 624 HP supercharged with bigger tires and wheels for 1/4 mile racing, not track cars that are not supercharged, like the new GT350. If you want a 0-60 and 0-100 and 1/4 mile race, then you're on.

And BTW, I'm not trying to "divide" anyone, I am just not a fan of the new GT350 for many reasons I have stated, and the others hate our SAI GT350s for their reasons, we just agree to disagree, why is that not allowed?

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

But that is not an apples to apples comparison, as some Ford GT350 fans have said here. Ours are 624 HP supercharged with bigger tires and wheels for 1/4 mile racing, not track cars that are not supercharged, like the new GT350. If you want a 0-60 and 0-100 and 1/4 mile race, then you're on.

And BTW, I'm not trying to "divide" anyone, I am just not a fan of the new GT350 for many reasons I have stated, and the others hate our SAI GT350s for their reasons, we just agree to disagree, why is that not allowed?

He stated in any aspect. But we can do both. Ill just get someone else to do the drag strip part. Your opinion on the new GT350 is allowed Mike. I get it, you dont like it. And, honestly I have never heard anyone here hate on the GT350 that you own. Most of us would kill to have one. We just cant afford it.

What I have an issue with is this real Shelby argument. First, the only facts support the "they are all real" argument because thats what Carroll said. Secondly, its an argument we will never hear the end of and it pits members against members. Remember SAAC? They don't think your car is real either but, they are wrong.

OK, thanks that's fair enough, but I will never track my car, just too dangerous with all those boy racers dashing around you…….. :)

And of course at the Bash, I will just sit it all out, I am not a good track driver at all, and they have no place for the SAI supercharged cars at Bash.

But, I will point out one thing, the price of the 2105 GT350 and Rs are way above my fully loaded, wide body, 624 HP '13 GT350. If you can't afford mine, no way you can afford those either. There is just a base car listed on eBay now that started at $127K and is now at $105K, still above my sticker. And when I was talking to a dealer about a '15 R, the conversation started at $180K, and bidding would move up from there, so don't fool yourself, the sticker means nothing on these cars and that makes me more than a little disappointed in the way Ford is doing this car considering the true stock performance characteristics from the documented tests.