TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT350

I watched a youtube video on the GT350 last night and its one of the most well thought out gone-through every detail on the new car and the new GT350 is so good not sure why anyone would even need to add a supercharger. Watching the RPM scream to 8,000 has got to be great to drive and who'd want the radio on with that screaming sound.

As for the Texas Mile why buy a GT350 just to go straight? Easier to build a GT

I'm waiting for pricing on the 5.2 crate engine and you do know these will not have the flat-plane crank only GT350 owners will have it. This is ok because I been wanting to do an engine swap on my 2008 GT/SC and preferred to use the 5.8 from the 13-14 GT500 but finding it impossible to locate any so if use the 5.2 then I can supercharge it as the crate engine will have a blower friendly crank. The 5.0 Coyote and Whipple's unit makes amazing HP I just want something different if do the engine swap. My 08 Shelby GT/SC is great would never sell it but never a fan of the 4.6 and the 6spd auto is far superior to the 5spd auto

"Not suitable for supercharging according to SAI". Again I repeat Hennessy is super charging a GT350. Building 50 limited edition.

My understanding is the concern with supercharger is the potential for balance issues at high rpm. I think this will be a good case for a turbo.

I believe the issue relates to the overhung load from the pulley transferred to the flat plane crank. Balance is the main problem.

Not an issue on a 180 deg. crank with compression to rpm ratio profiled through computer modeled, optimized male and female lobe design. Proper synchronization of crank position and factory preset compressor (lobe) position is critical too avoid balance issues. Essentially achieving counter balancing through the lobe design and profile itself. Take a look at Hennessy's GT350 supercharger. You'll see something noticeably different from current designs. Edited by cmcmotorworks