TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flipping 2015 GT350 and R

agreed. the FPC is unique in a car like a mustang so it will be talked about for years but it will be interesting to see if it becomes the standard or remains a niche. its a significant enough car for me to want one but i'm fine with waiting for awhile. the actual appearance of the S550 doesnt motivate me the way the S197 does, but thats just me.

It was hard giving up the KR for me. I never thought it would happen. Your 40th is beautiful and I believe I would have a hard time letting it go myself

It was hard giving up the KR for me. I never thought it would happen.

I hear 'ya, after many years, my KR is now going up for sale, but after the total rotisserie restoration and winning all the Concours judging awards, it is time for it to find a new home. I know it will get treated well and provide much more enjoyment for the new owner.

The Ford/media machine has made way more out of the FPC than it really is. Ford started using FPC's over A HUNDRED YEARS ago. Sheesh. Do you think the first thing that comes to mind when Model T lovers get together is that sweet FPC?

High_Performance_4c7a1367131a2.jpg

The media hype on the FPC is discussed in the Voodoo engine topic. You're right, it's been around for a long time. Ford's accomplishment is not the FPC itself, but getting it to operate with an engine of such large displacement. The "balancing act" was and is nontrivial.

So dealers cannot get customers to bite on their ads locally and have to revert to national spotlight on ePay and Craigslist to find a sucker to bite on the high ADM?

People are biting on the ADM's when they are not totally out of line. Of course, to me, any ADM is out of line

Dealers put them on eBay and other sites at exorbitant prices so that everyone will share it on social media and forums. Free advertising for the dealer. They usually sell the car at a much lower price. A friend of mine bought a 13 Boss LS that was advertised at 25k over sticker for 500 over sticker. He made an offer and the dealer took it.

Back in August 08, some dealers still had adm's on 07 SGT's. One dealer near me had 3 on the lot and wouldn't budge on a reasonable deal. Their sister dealer ~60 miles away had a lone SGT that took a few weeks to finally make a deal for ~8k below sticker! Those willing to wait, won't have to pay the extra fees!