TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flipping 2015 GT350 and R

Until he changes his name again. Then he will be allowed once again to disparage everyone and their cars for months. Everyone will know it's the same guy again but nothing will be done. He will probably start like he always does with the KRs, but that will not last long because I think there is only a couple of us left. I don't even post in that section anymore. He will then quickly move on to the SAI GT350s. He will bounce around for months in every thread causing problems and nothing will be done.

We keep hearing about the new site and how there will be zero tolerance there. Why do we have to wait? Why can't there be someone kicking these people before they start cursing out the mods. Isn't that how it ended last time too? He was allowed to linger for months and nothing was done until he pissed off a mod. This guy isn't hard to spot. Something should be done sooner.

Not this time, he will be warned and quickly removed if need be

Well, I don't know what was signed by the 350 guys, but I heard all of the 2016 Ford GT allocations had a non disclosure attached to it. My understanding is they are ALL spoken for, and those that got one can't discuss any part of the deal.

Tim rightly doesn't want to call him out directly, but suffice to say that if he doesn't chime in, you can draw a certain conclusion.

Shep,

We won't be having that a recurring issue here ever again. It took us a good deal of effort to get this point across to the right people, but I feel confident that a solution is in place to correct further issues.

I'll disagree that the Ford GTs are already allocated. Ford won't do well politically to announce a program and allocate them behind everyone's back. I'll take it at face value when Mark Fields told me everyone that signs up will be part of the ranking and rating process.

Well they got lots of time to do it as production won`t start till late next year.

I'll disagree that the Ford GTs are already allocated. Ford won't do well politically to announce a program and allocate them behind everyone's back. I'll take it at face value when Mark Fields told me everyone that signs up will be part of the ranking and rating process.

Well, they will be doing a 3-4 year run for this build, so it doesn't mean the whole process won't happen. I did NOT hear that the 2017 allocations are all gone from anyone in the company, so I won't say my information is definitive. I would just be surprised if it wasn't. I am aware of what Raj told the FGT gathering in August. I just wish it wasn't going to be 400k so I could be focused on moving up in vehicle selection.

I'm sure it will be a great track car, if you like such things. They are not for me, as I have said before, the track performance of many cars is more due to the driver than the car. I remember not long ago when I had decided to buy a 2005 Ford GT, and then went to drive it and look at it as a road car for rallies, etc., like I wanted. No way, the car is for a closed track, unsafe, noisy, no creature comforts for a long trip, totally impractical, and I have a Cobra for that. At least the 350R could be used for trips and around town.

I remember not long ago when I had decided to buy a 2005 Ford GT, and then went to drive it and look at it as a road car for rallies, etc., like I wanted. No way, the car is for a closed track, unsafe, noisy, no creature comforts for a long trip, totally impractical, and I have a Cobra for that.

I'll disagree to some degree. The car is very comfortable, but in many ways, impractical. You're right - there is no luggage space, no cupholders and no cruise control. But it has adjustable comfortable seats. The new one will be a throwback to the original GT40 - it's a race car and the only reason civilians are getting one is because they have to. Driver and passenger will rub shoulders and the seats are not adjustable (meaning your passenger will not be comfortable for a long drive, and like the Cobra, drivers tend to be more forgiving of these discomforts than passengers). This is part of the reason I think they are limiting production - when people really start getting them the majority of people looking for a touring car will look elsewhere for the same money.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The lack of cruise, stability, and traction controls, and the poor rear visibility (just like you had warned me two) were major issues for me. I decided to get a 2015 Porsche Turbo S (let the boos begin, I know), at less than half the price, about 3 times the car for touring and rallies and just all around driving, AWD is great with that much HP and torque. But, the styling is not as unique. :)

The lack of cruise, stability, and traction controls, and the poor rear visibility (just like you had warned me two) were major issues for me. I decided to get a 2015 Porsche Turbo S (let the boos begin, I know), at less than half the price, about 3 times the car for touring and rallies and just all around driving, AWD is great with that much HP and torque. But, the styling is not as unique. :)

For me the lack of nannies is a giant plus. Rear visibility an offsetting giant negative (for city driving). The new one will have all those nannies (and like all track cars, they can be turned off), and the new mandated cameras will help with visibility. But comfort will likely be the determining factor for most. If someone is looking to track the car seriously (as in a Le Mans privateer), then I think the new GT will likely be unbeatable. If a civilian is looking for a touring car with comfort then I think the McLaren will be hard to beat. As before, the McLaren will depreciate and the new Ford GT will probably appreciate. And after the holdback period when people can sell them most new FGTs will be delivery miles garage queens.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I looked at the McLaren, both new and used, but I really do not like the styling and feel of the car, and the doors make it very difficult for my garage where I have cars stacked on lifts.

Then both FGTs are inappropriate - the 05/06 because they need an adjacent parking place, and the new one with its scissor (Lambo style) doors.

You know you are right, I never got far enough with the GT to think about that problem. I have side space (5' or so on both sides), just nothing much higher than about 6 feet. Lambo doors have mostly the height problem.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Not a flipper. This is Gaudin Motors (Las Vegas) so what you've really got is a dealer with his ADM.

You can find the car at their web site www.gaudinford.com. The MSRP is 57,970 and the price listed on the site is 127,970 so the ebay ad dropped the chump change.

Absurd. I might go down to Cars and Coffee Saturday. Manny is almost always there.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I was thinking maybe they were flipping one they had bought for themselves (or a good customer), since they, I had understood from these discussions (Dubbs said this: "Many of the 2015s were directly allocated without dealer involvement, so I would expect many of those won't be seen right back in the market"), thus it was not common to have dealer inventory on spec, or maybe this was one of those rare ones not sold to an individual by Ford.

I was thinking maybe they were flipping one they had bought for themselves (or a good customer), since they, I had understood from these discussions (Dubbs said this: "Many of the 2015s were directly allocated without dealer involvement, so I would expect many of those won't be seen right back in the market"), thus it was not common to have dealer inventory on spec, or maybe this was one of those rare ones not sold to an individual by Ford.

Dealer info says "new" (ie, unregistered).

Ridiculous, it's not even an R. I love the car, but it's not worth any ADM in my opinion.

They obviously think it is the second coming of the '65 GT350, but they will soon find out it is not, but who knows what will happen in 50 years, but I for one will be long gone by then, and waiting for it to appreciate is a fool's game.

This dealer has a whole lot full of this stuff. Last time I was there they still had one of the 50th 2015s there in the showroom for something like 30K over, and they also had a whole boatload of unsold Shelby GT350s (they bought the final run of the production) sitting outside (but they had started to LOWER the ADMs).

They obviously think it is the second coming of the '65 GT350, but they will soon find out it is not, but who knows what will happen in 50 years, but I for one will be long gone by then, and waiting for it to appreciate is a fool's game.

Certainly not worth what they are asking. Like you, I wont pay over MSRP for any car. But, I will disagree with you on the idea that this is not a special car. It has the attributes of a very special car.

its a special car, but only for the moment. generally speaking, i dont believe these late model cars are as significant as the old ones. for starters, they will continue to get better over the next few model years, unlike the short-lived 60's cars. theres no hurry for me to buy a new GT350 as its going to be improved from year to year like the GT500s were. and if limited production is a concern, there will be plenty of availability for many years. just check the market for Shelby GTs, GT500KRs and Boss 302s right now.

its a special car, but only for the moment. generally speaking, i dont believe these late model cars are as significant as the old ones. for starters, they will continue to get better over the next few model years, unlike the short-lived 60's cars. theres no hurry for me to buy a new GT350 as its going to be improved from year to year like the GT500s were. and if limited production is a concern, there will be plenty of availability for many years. just check the market for Shelby GTs, GT500KRs and Boss 302s right now.

I totally agreee. We dont know what the future brings but we know the present. I bought the GT350 because of what it is and how it drives. Its connection to the track IS importand to me unlike Mike. Thats ok, we all like different things. Best Mustang and Shelby to date but, there will be more

agreed. the FPC is unique in a car like a mustang so it will be talked about for years but it will be interesting to see if it becomes the standard or remains a niche. its a significant enough car for me to want one but i'm fine with waiting for awhile. the actual appearance of the S550 doesnt motivate me the way the S197 does, but thats just me.