TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flipping 2015 GT350 and R

Why would anyone post such a line of BS on here that owners are restricted from selling their 2015 GT 350s. Anyone gulliable enough to believe this really needs to get a reality check. Unbelievable.

Ford VIP ( execs-etc) cars have a restriction on them, not the cars from dealer inventories.

Why would anyone post such a line of BS on here that owners are restricted from selling their 2015 GT 350s. Anyone gulliable enough to believe this really needs to get a reality check. Unbelievable.

Thank You. Looks like I'm not the only one here who is not swallowing this bull crap. Total nonsense. A person spends hundreds of thousands of dollars for a car and the seller tells you when you can sell it. Indeed!

This is turning into an interesting discussion. Back in 2007 Hertz and SAI built 17 manual transmission cars for the GT-H program. All 17 cars wound up with executives and vips. When I bought my 07 MT GT-H from an executive in Oklahoma City he informed me he was not allowed to resell the car for 2 years (I think it was two years that he stated to me). So he basically stored the car for 2 years and barely drove it. Once the two years was up he advertised it and I bought it.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Thank You. Looks like I'm not the only one here who is not swallowing this bull crap. Total nonsense. A person spends hundreds of thousands of dollars for a car and the seller tells you when you can sell it. Indeed!

You are wrong.

BTW, this is the response I got back from my dealer about the lock-up on the new Ford GT if you buy it:

"More than likely there will be a first-right if you sell it within a certain amount of time, in the case of the 15 model GT350's it was 36 months."

Like Will Rogers, all I know is what I read in my messages.

This is turning into an interesting discussion. Back in 2007 Hertz and SAI built 17 manual transmission cars for the GT-H program. All 17 cars wound up with executives and vips. When I bought my 07 MT GT-H from an executive in Oklahoma City he informed me he was not allowed to resell the car for 2 years (I think it was two years that he stated to me). So he basically stored the car for 2 years and barely drove it. Once the two years was up he advertised it and I bought it.

QSS

Kind of like a "Stock Option" !

BTW, this is the response I got back from my dealer about the lock-up on the new Ford GT if you buy it:

"More than likely there will be a first-right if you sell it within a certain amount of time, in the case of the 15 model GT350's it was 36 months."

Like Will Rogers, all I know is what I read in my messages.

Only on 15 model GT350 cars sold at or below MSRP, which was probably none ! ADM nullifies resell restriction for non Ford employees. Edited by cmcmotorworks

I can't believe what's going on here guys. We have years and years of guys on here that disagree and have differing opinions, and somehow manage to not only show each other respect, but have long standing friendships. There is absolutely no reason to troll here, and the time is coming very soon that it will be a zero tolerance for that on this website.

Management is aware of these individuals, and I suspect house cleaning will be in order. So I'm going to give this one general statement so everybody can keep their cool and dignity, and start posting as if you are talking to people you know. If this continues, there will be removals from the forum. Period.

If you think that's unfair, or unjustified, keep in mind that this is a wholly owned forum of Shelby American, and is here for positive support and dialogue. If you want something else- might I suggest any number of other forums. Getting rid of half a dozen trouble makers isn't going to make any difference to Shelby, and will make this a more positive forum. We don't sit on conference calls with management to discuss the weather, and we have unanimous support for this issue. If you find yourself constantly under attack by many different members, then you know who you are, and you should know how to correct the problem. Owning a Shelby has never been a requirement here, but I'm fairly sure that if you don't, and you are causing problems, there really isn't any upside for your participation to begin with. This is NOT an open forum. Membership HERE is a revokable privilege.

End of debate.

I can't believe what's going on here guys. We have years and years of guys on here that disagree and have differing opinions, and somehow manage to not only show each other respect, but have long standing friendships. There is absolutely no reason to troll here, and the time is coming very soon that it will be a zero tolerance for that on this website.

Management is aware of these individuals, and I suspect house cleaning will be in order. So I'm going to give this one general statement so everybody can keep their cool and dignity, and start posting as if you are talking to people you know. If this continues, there will be removals from the forum. Period.

If you think that's unfair, or unjustified, keep in mind that this is a wholly owned forum of Shelby American, and is here for positive support and dialogue. If you want something else- might I suggest any number of other forums. Getting rid of half a dozen trouble makers isn't going to make any difference to Shelby, and will make this a more positive forum. We don't sit on conference calls with management to discuss the weather, and we have unanimous support for this issue. If you find yourself constantly under attack by many different members, then you know who you are, and you should know how to correct the problem. Owning a Shelby has never been a requirement here, but I'm fairly sure that if you don't, and you are causing problems, there really isn't any upside for your participation to begin with. This is NOT an open forum. Membership HERE is a revokable privilege.

End of debate.

"End of debate"! Wow, You must be the big gorgeous man here or are you just another insignificant control freak on here that has it all figured out. Yeah we can all be just like your pompous ass, think like you, be a dick like you. Would that make us so called troubled makers as good as you Warren? What the fiddlesticks makes you think it is your position here to tell other guys what to think and say. Get over yourself. Edited by DubbsFaris
Language

Now that we have addressed that issue, I simply and kindly request we maintain a civil and respectful tone. Feel free to have a differing opinion, just be decent about it.

To put us back on topic, I will say that it is a not-too-common practice for Ford to have buyback and selling clauses with employees, or people that get allocated directly from Ford for promotional partnerships or dare I say favors?

I don't think they have ever done this through a dealer sale, but the new Ford GT allocation plan would make sense because FMC is directing where and to whom those units will be handed out. Many of the 2015s were directly allocated without dealer involvement, so I would expect many of those won't be seen right back in the market. You also will not get direct confirmation, because those deals are usually accompanied by a non-disclosure agreement to not discuss the terms as well.

This is a tricky area for any manufacturer as they must maintain a balance and fair treatment of dealer networks. You won't see this often, and hear about it even less, but it is valid and accurate. I for one have no problem with it. If Ford is doing you a favor, then it's still your choice to take the deal or not.

Warren, since we are back on topic as you mentioned, there is no restriction preventing a buyer (me) from selling my 2015 GT 350 as someone else commented on here. None. While Ford might restrict what they do with company cars or their employees, private ownership of a 2015 GT 350 is private, once sold. I can do with it what I please, contrary to a post by someone regarding "misinformation from his dealer."

This is not a thread about Ford GTs and whether one can sell their Ford GT once purchased is way off-topic for this thread.

Warren, since we are back on topic as you mentioned, there is no restriction preventing a buyer (me) from selling my 2015 GT 350 as someone else commented on here. None. While Ford might restrict what they do with company cars or their employees, private ownership of a 2015 GT 350 is private, once sold. I can do with it what I please, contrary to a post by someone regarding "misinformation from his dealer."

This is not a thread about Ford GTs and whether one can sell their Ford GT once purchased is way off-topic for this thread.

I was not posting "misinformation", I was posting exactly what a dealer had said in his communications with me. If he lied, that's fine, I have no idea why he would, as I am a good customer (several high $$ cars) of his and would not expect him to say"...in the case of the 15 model GT350's it was 36 months." if it were a lie, maybe he misunderstood what he had been told, I don't know but it makes me wonder about him. But I am not trying to mislead or otherwise " Troll" on anything here. If you say you did not have to agree to any lock-up on resale for your 2015 GT350, then I believe you, OK?

I was not posting "misinformation", I was posting exactly what a dealer had said in his communications with me. If he lied, that's fine, I have no idea why he would, as I am a good customer (several high $$ cars) of his and would not expect him to say"...in the case of the 15 model GT350's it was 36 months." if it were a lie, maybe he misunderstood what he had been told, I don't know but it makes me wonder about him. But I am not trying to mislead or otherwise " Troll" on anything here. If you say you did not have to agree to any lock-up on resale for your 2015 GT350, then I believe you, OK?

If I thought he lied, which is a harsh accusation indeed, then I would have said that - I did not. It is incorrect and "misinformation." That's it for me with this discussion.

Mike and Springer-

I don't think either of you are disagreeing, just missing what each other are saying. Springer is saying that he strolled into a dealer, bought a 15 GT350 without restriction, which is exactly what I stated. Dealer sales are never given a restriction for purchase. Mike is quoting his dealer that 2015 GT350s did have a restriction in place- which is true for the majority of them as they were either reserved for upper lvl Ford employees or VIPs and given that specific allocation from FMC, not bought through a dealer. The dealer, as in many instances I have got information from one, and it not be exactly right-is basing their information on specific cases, but certainly doesn't apply to all of the builds. This goes back to that balance issue with the dealer network- Ford certainly had more than 137 requests from employees and VIPs for an allocation, but had to send a certain number to dealers directly for public sale. For guys like me, it's frustrating as all get out. I have friends who did get a 15 allocation, and I did not. I have many friends at Ford, but they can't take care of everyone. I'm resigned to waiting until spring or maybe longer to get one, and however long it takes, I will sit on the sidelines and wait. And I'll feel honored and happy if and when my phone goes off. I have had to kiss a lot of frogs to get some of the Fords I have, (dealers) and if I have one complaint about these great vehicles they make is that you can't just go someone and buy one. You have to have some ridiculously sales person with way less product knowledge than you try and tell you why it's a great deal to pay his dealership way more money than sticker price for a vehicle that loses its value by exponents of what you paid. The 50th mustang I got? I called over 250 dealers to get one over sticker, half way across the country, (after I was number one on a buy list locally and assured the ADM would not be severe, only to be hit with a surprise 15k ADM the week before delivery). Two different dealers have told me it is now worth 34k. I paid 52k because it was SOOO special and coveted, and with 6k miles in perfect condition and still in the model year I bought it, it's dropped 18k in value?!

It's stuff like that, that make it hard to want to buy a "special" vehicle.

In as much as the 2015 limited run of 137 cars were dedicated to to selectect delears directly the resale stipulations might be true and enforceable. However, aren't there one or two 2015 GT350 cars up for sale already? And Is there any indication that this resale hold requirement carries over to 2016 and beyond? I would venture to bet that we will know the answer in few weeks when things start up for the auctions in Scottsdale and any 2015 units come out for bid.

Some of the 2015 GT 350s were given to select dealers, in that they were given a couple - two or three - instead of one. Most of them went to dealers through a lottery system based on sales or some type of criteria established by Ford, at least that is how my dealer explained it to me.

Edited by springer

Btw Mike,

You can take Buster off your ignore list. He won't be visiting here any time soon.

Until he changes his name again. Then he will be allowed once again to disparage everyone and their cars for months. Everyone will know it's the same guy again but nothing will be done. He will probably start like he always does with the KRs, but that will not last long because I think there is only a couple of us left. I don't even post in that section anymore. He will then quickly move on to the SAI GT350s. He will bounce around for months in every thread causing problems and nothing will be done.

We keep hearing about the new site and how there will be zero tolerance there. Why do we have to wait? Why can't there be someone kicking these people before they start cursing out the mods. Isn't that how it ended last time too? He was allowed to linger for months and nothing was done until he pissed off a mod. This guy isn't hard to spot. Something should be done sooner.

Thanks Dubbs, your explanation makes sense so I will refrain from branding my dealer as a liar. He had probably 4 2015 GT350 allocations and 1 R, that I know of, so I thought he knows from which he speaks. Is it reasonable to say the vast majority of '15 GT350s and Rs have this lock-up since they were not sold to "normal" people, so we can't expect to see any being flipped for a long time?

The VIP allocations for the 15 did indeed have a 3 year restriction on sales. One of the posters that has chimed in should know because he signed one. Take his word for it. I dont believe the 16 had the same restriction

OK, that explains more, so that unknown poster on here who should know about it may, but he may also have signed a non-disclosure to not reveal it, as Dubbs, I think, referred to before.