TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flipping 2015 GT350 and R

^ Hey Mike, leave the forum for us true Shelby enthusiasts that really know something about cars than just collecting them, maybe there's a Vette or Volkswagen (Porsche) forum you can join to belittle their cars like you do here. Unless it happens to be the one you own.

^ Hey Mike, leave the forum for us true Shelby enthusiasts that really know something about cars than just collecting them, maybe there's a Vette or Volkswagen (Porsche) forum you can join to belittle their cars like you do here. Unless it happens to be the one you own.

I love it! Volkswagen=Porsche, son of Punch Buggy.

So according to you in all your wisdom the new Ford GTs will be sold to end users but still be owned by Ford. What planet are you on fool? Seriously Dude, you are so full of your self you can't think straight. That might be the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted on an internet forum.

Ford will likely own right of first refusal to buy back the car. This is to prevent price flipping. This will be done with a joint title. Yes, it's been done before with cars of similar stature. So ignorance is fixable but stupid ain't so I won't bother to explain it any further. Why don't you go troll somewhere else now?

Ford will likely own right of first refusal to buy back the car. This is to prevent price flipping. This will be done with a joint title. Yes, it's been done before with cars of similar stature. So ignorance is fixable but stupid ain't so I won't bother to explain it any further. Why don't you go troll somewhere else now?

I got a better idea Pal, why don't you stop needing to be right. You have no idea what you are talking about.It is obvious that you are aspiring to be a big man on an internet forum while you resort to posting about issues that you clearly have no knowledge of what so ever. You don't work for Ford and don't know any more about this Ford GT business than my 2 dogs. As if you know how the upcoming Ford GTs will be titled. That is flatly laughable and nothing shy of pure entertainment.There very well may be guys here who will listen to your BS, I am not one of them. Amazing nonsense from another internet blow hole's fantasy world.

I would be interested in how they do that. I will send an email to my favorite Ford dealer, who has been advertising the GT on his website lately, and see if he knows how this is going to work and for how long the no-resale commitment is. They didn't do this for the original 2005-2006 Ford GT I know, and they are not doing it for the 2015 GT350 or R, but I am curious what other cars have had this restriction on resale.

If there is a dealer selling the new Ford GT on his site then he is totally clueless since it has been public knowledge since August 2014 that the cars will not be sold through dealers. But that's not the topic here.

No, he's not saying he is selling it, he is just advertising what an incredible car it is and putting up lots of pictures and info on it, I guess to help hype it up for Ford. He did tell me privately that if I was a former or current Ford GT owner, they can help in filling out the paperwork to ask for one for me. Apparently that is who Ford wants to sell to, if I am understanding him correctly.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I would be interested in how they do that. I will send an email to my favorite Ford dealer, who has been advertising the GT on his website lately, and see if he knows how this is going to work and for how long the no-resale commitment is. They didn't do this for the original 2005-2006 Ford GT I know, and they are not doing it for the 2015 GT350 or R, but I am curious what other cars have had this restriction on resale.

Bunch of stinkin BS

The experts here sure have it all figured don't they. Unfortunately none of what they are telling us makes much sense. Can you imagine telling someone who is at a point in life where he can afford an approximate three hundred thousand dollar carthat he really won't own the car or be able to sell at the time of his choice. Yeah, that'll work real well won't it? Gotta wonder if the experts remember the sales of the previous Ford GTs. Many languished in retailers hands and sold for 15 grand below sticker. Production of those cars was cut short for that offering as the market saturated.

Edited by buster

Instructions on how to ignore buster and other trolls (for laptop/desktop browsers):

Near the top of the window find your login name. Click on the arrow (pull down menu)

Click on "Manage Ignore Prefs"

At the bottom in the box below "Add a new user to my list", enter "buster" (it is case sensitive), and check Ignore: Posts, Signature, Messages"

Buster, you're just plain ignorant. There is a difference between ownership and responsibility. The buyer will be responsible for it but ownership the car will be through contractual means (lien, joint ownership ("AND") title, other contract, etc) will not be able to sell it without first offering it to Ford (think of it as restricted stock options). This is not new and has been done before. Every bank loan car, for example.

Back to the ignore list.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Instructions on how to ignore buster and other trolls (for laptop/desktop browsers):

Near the top of the window find your login name. Click on the arrow (pull down menu)

At the bottom in the box below "Add a new user to my list", enter "buster" (it is case sensitive), and check Ignore: Posts, Signature, Messages"

Buster, you're just plain ignorant. There is a difference between ownership and responsibility. The buyer will be responsible for it but ownership the car will be through contractual means (lien, joint ownership ("AND") title, other contract, etc) will not be able to sell it without first offering it to Ford (think of it as restricted stock options). This is not new and has been done before. Every bank loan car, for example.

Back to the ignore list.

Exactly what is your job/position at Ford? You are all wedgied up because I called you out on your obvious BS. As if you know how a car that is yet to even be produced is going to be titled. Get serious Pal. If not subscribing to your guesses, assumptions, and generally idiotic prognostications makes me "ignorant" in your mind then so be it. I feel sorry for you if you really think anyone believes this crap that you are shoveling.

What makes you think that you are in a position to tell other members here to "leave" or be ignored. Instructions on how to ignore someone who disagrees with you, Really? Appears that you are a control oriented individual as well as a BS artist.

I have not gotten an answer back from my Ford dealer about how long the lockup lien is for, but if I wanted this car, which I don't so this is just hypothetical, I would not buy it under the provisions that Ford has a lien on it like a bank I borrowed money for to buy it. Encumbering an asset you paid cash for doesn't sound like a smart idea for a car owner, no matter what the car is, but that's just me and maybe there are tons of collectors out there that don't care about it.

I have not gotten an answer back from my Ford dealer about how long the lockup lien is for, but if I wanted this car, which I don't so this is just hypothetical, I would not buy it under the provisions that Ford has a lien on it like a bank I borrowed money for to buy it. Encumbering an asset you paid cash for doesn't sound like a smart idea for a car owner, no matter what the car is, but that's just me and maybe there are tons of collectors out there that don't care about it.

Uhhhhh, Yeaaahh. Nobody of any sense is going to agree to this proposed nonsense unless there is a back door clause providing an auto out of any agreement which would be nothing more than symbolic and designed for no other reason to fuel the hype monster. It would likely be better to rely on ones own good common sense than the ramblings of an internet blow hard looking to be someone here. I think we know who to ignore now.

The details of the program will be laid out, probably in January, but when I met with Mark Fields and his staff at Barrett Jackson specifically about this they said that most likely "strings would be attached" to prevent any sense of ADMs. The first part of the process is Ford will, for the first time in modern history, sell the car directly to the buyer. Every car will have an owner when it leaves the factory. Second, there will be means to prevent people from doing what is done by eliminating the dealer chain, ie flipping. There are only 250 cars world wide, with civilians in the US/North America seeing maybe 125-150, US dealer owners (for private purchase) another 25-50. Demand will far exceed production. We'll see in January/February when the order site opens up.

Anyone can sign up, but a points "ranking and rating" system will determine who gets cars. First question is "is your name Jay Leno". Being a first registered owner of a GT gets you points, owning one currently may or may not. I'm holding mine until I know. If you don't like the Ts&Cs, don't sign up. There will be 1000 others in front of you anyway.

All of this GT stuff is discussed elsewhere. There is no new content here.

Anyway, back to the GT350.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Back to the ignore list.

Thanks Tony! I now have one user on my ignore list. :clapping:

The details of the program will be laid out, probably in January, but when I met with Mark Fields and his staff at Barrett Jackson specifically about this they said that most likely "strings would be attached" to prevent any sense of ADMs. The first part of the process is Ford will, for the first time in modern history, sell the car directly to the buyer. Every car will have an owner when it leaves the factory. Second, there will be means to prevent people from doing what is done by eliminating the dealer chain, ie flipping. There are only 250 cars world wide, with civilians in the US/North America seeing maybe 125-150, US dealer owners (for private purchase) another 25-50. Demand will far exceed production. We'll see in January/February when the order site opens up.

Anyone can sign up, but a points "ranking and rating" system will determine who gets cars. First question is "is your name Jay Leno". Being a first registered owner of a GT gets you points, owning one currently may or may not. I'm holding mine until I know. If you don't like the Ts&Cs, don't sign up. There will be 1000 others in front of you anyway.

All of this GT stuff is discussed elsewhere. There is no new content here.

Anyway, back to the GT350.

Wow, sure changed that story. What happened to the "lien" of the title BS? Now its by "some means". You have proven my point there Tony. You have no more knowledge of what will go down than my dogs do Dude! What a joke. Anyone here who puts stock in this guys BS is a fool.

I don't own a Shelby Mustang for resale value - I drive it. The feeling of crusing at 75-ish, just thinking about pressing past another vehicle and it happens so effortlessly...priceless. :extinguish:

I have heard from a dealer that the 2015 GT350 and R came with strict contracts with restrictions about resale, and it could not be done for a few years, you had to sell it back to Ford. Anyone know about this? If so, it explains the lack of flipping going on, but I wonder who buys a car with a huge ADM and no way to sell it to recoup the ADM very soon.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

In as much as the 2015 limited run of 137 cars were dedicated to to selectect delears directly the resale stipulations might be true and enforceable. However, aren't there one or two 2015 GT350 cars up for sale already? And Is there any indication that this resale hold requirement carries over to 2016 and beyond? I would venture to bet that we will know the answer in few weeks when things start up for the auctions in Scottsdale and any 2015 units come out for bid.

Yep, already explained.

The only one I have seen up for sale is this one:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/FORD-SHELBY-GT350R-COUPE-182535

VIN #1, for charity, I searched all the other auction consignment lists for future auctions and came up with nothing.

That car was sold in January of this year and is the annual JDRF auction car. As is typical with this kind of sale it wasn't the actual car but the right to #1 when it was built.

There are currently no 20xx GT350s on the Scottsdale docket. But there are other auctions going on at the same time.

The rest I've already explained, but of course, memories are short and someone's dogs know it all so ask them.

Edited by twobjshelbys

In as much as the 2015 limited run of 137 cars were dedicated to to selectect delears directly the resale stipulations might be true and enforceable. However, aren't there one or two 2015 GT350 cars up for sale already? And Is there any indication that this resale hold requirement carries over to 2016 and beyond? I would venture to bet that we will know the answer in few weeks when things start up for the auctions in Scottsdale and any 2015 units come out for bid.

It's not the cars themselves, it's the means by which they were purchased. Some but not all cars would be affected. Your purchase of a 2016 will probably not be restricted (although at some point some purchased might be), but who is going to pay more over the price of the car someone already paid too much for?

The rest is common knowledge and given the tone I won't bother to help.

Edited by twobjshelbys

It's not the cars themselves, it's the means by which they were purchased. Some but not all cars would be affected. Your purchase of a 2016 will probably not be restricted (although at some some purchased might be), but who is going to pay more over the price of the car someone already paid too much for?

The rest is common knowledge and given the tone I won't bother to help.

Bother to help? Who asked for it? You otta stick to telling people how to ignore other members.

Looks like somebody needs to get over them self.

Edited by buster