TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Worth installing LCAs on a '13?

UKGT500

Given that the LCAs on previous S197s are pretty much useless (my stock 2005 GT and 2007 GT500 wheelhopped like crazy on hard launches until I changed the stock LCAs) I am assuming the 2013 ones are somewhat better as I don't see anything negative about wheelhop in any reviews in general.

Are the stock ones something special on the '13.

Just wondering really. My 2007 GT500 benefitted greatly and the relocation brackets really made it dig in off the line.

Malc

Given that the LCAs on previous S197s are pretty much useless (my stock 2005 GT and 2007 GT500 wheelhopped like crazy on hard launches until I changed the stock LCAs) I am assuming the 2013 ones are somewhat better as I don't see anything negative about wheelhop in any reviews in general.

Are the stock ones something special on the '13.

Just wondering really. My 2007 GT500 benefitted greatly and the relocation brackets really made it dig in off the line.

Malc

I have not heard of any LCA part number change for the 2013? As far as I know, they are the same 2007-2014 for the GT500.

R

I've never had any problems with my 14 - maybe they did fix the problem.

The UCA/UCM was changed (made longer and more robust) for 2011, maybe that has helped with the earlier hop issues?

I'm sure that in testing, Ford/SVT engineers found the newer redesign of this assy. to be beneficial?

R

Edited by Robert M

now what IS worth installing is a watts link... HUGE difference for the better, in my opinion.

I installed on in my '07. Big difference on bumpy twisty roads. Hate to sound like too much of a 2013 fanboy (though maybe I am at the right place for that) but there's something special about the 13 and I don't mean just the power.

The panhard doesn't seem to skip so much on bumps though I have yet to drive it really hard (won't get a chance in winter). This car is a BIG improvement over my 07. Ignoring the engine the ride is immeasurably better and the suspension behaviour overall, comparing stock cars, is just a world away.

But my original question was based largely on the fact the stock LCAs couldn't deal with my 2005 GT launching and that didn't appear to have any power or torque whereas this car doesn't feel like it has doubkle the power: it feels like it has 10 times the power and 50 times the torque...

Malc