TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saying goodbye

MichaelGoodwin

Just wanted to say thank you all for all the input for tweaking my 11 GT500 but I recently departed with her for something a lot more roomier for my long hauls daily. I loved that Shelby but gas and comfort on 3 hr trips a day or every other day wasn't happening for me. I may come back to the arena once I'm ready to retire. Once again, thank you all for all the information and recommendations you all made.

Just because you no longer have your Shelby :(, that doesn't mean you have to leave.

Stick around and see where the road leads. Most certainly, don't be a stranger and stay in contact.

Z-man

I'm going to stick around on the site just to see whats new and exciting. Who knows, I may just put my Shelby stickers on my Mercedes to keep the dream alive. On a side note, while driving in Orlando last week heading home, I was stopped in traffic and a guy jumps out his minivan and thanked me for purchasing a Shelby since he works at Shelby in Vegas. He gave me a handful of stickers. I thought that was neat. Gotta keep them for my scrap book.

Just wanted to say thank you all for all the input for tweaking my 11 GT500 but I recently departed with her for something a lot more roomier for my long hauls daily. I loved that Shelby but gas and comfort on 3 hr trips a day or every other day wasn't happening for me. I may come back to the arena once I'm ready to retire. Once again, thank you all for all the information and recommendations you all made.

Thoughtful post, very classy. Good luck with the new wheels and all your endeavors.

My father sold his Shelby for a FJ Cruiser Trail Team Edition. It was a straight up trade. A Shelby with 27,000 miles for a brand new FJ Cruiser. It wasn't long before he started begging me for rides in my GT500, and how he is going to buy another GT500 or a Shelby. I said the 350, or a used Super Snake, would be a good choice!

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you wondering, I sold my Shelby because where I live and work is around 150 miles one way. I leave home on Monday go to work and stay at my son's apt till Friday then head home. I would have to refuel 3 times in a week which can get pretty costly. I also purchased the car back in 2011 thinking this would be the one, then Ford and Shelby decided to keep the dream alive for 2012 and on which meant I might as well start driving the thing. So off went the plastic and thats how I ended up using it as a DD. I racked up around 31,000 miles when I decided to pull the trigger on getting something a lil more practical. I purchased a new Mercedes E350 sport dang near fully loaded minus 2 options. The car is nowhere as fast as the Shelby but it does hold its own in traffic and on the interstate. Not to mention its like a lazyboy with wheels. I do miss my Shelby but I feel this would be a better choice for now. I'm still debating on placing an order for a GT350R though, but I'm waiting to see what will Ford do next. Who knows, maybe they will answer my prayers and build me a Taurus SHO with the GT500 5.8 SC. I'm sure that would give the Hellcat a run for its money. Don't bash me too hard for getting a Mercedes though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't bash me too hard for getting a Mercedes though. :)

I won't. I sold my 2006 F150 FX4 as it was killing me on gas mileage and bought a CLK430 as a DD. I love it; it is great on gas and very 'peppy'.

Archived