TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 350 dashplate. Do the 2016 dash plates match the VIN like the 2015.

springer

I was reading an article yesterday regarding the dash plate found on the passenger's side of the car - just above the glove box. The article read that the 2015 dash plate matched the vehicle's VIN while the 2016 dash plate number is not related to the VIN number.

Does anyone know if this information is correct or incorrect?

On my 2015 GT 350, the dash plate does match my VIN, but I haven't seen any of the 2016 models to verify this claim.

4d7a6a5d-4926-406f-a391-9c360e71162c_zps

Edited by springer

Yes some dash plaque numbers to match the cars VIN number. I can't recall if its the 2015 GT350's or if its the 'R' models or perhaps both.

I'll go back and look at my notes from Ford when we added these cars to the SAI Registry menu.

Steve

It is more than the R models in 2015 that have matching VINs and dash plates numbers...my car is not an R model and the dash plate matches the VIN.

Edited by springer

It is more than the R models in 2015 that have matching VINs and dash plates numbers...my car is not an R model and the dash plate matches the VIN.

After it is broken in if you could provide a comparison between the GT350 and the Shelby GT/SC it would be greatly appreciated!!! Congrats on the New Ride!!!

After it is broken in if you could provide a comparison between the GT350 and the Shelby GT/SC it would be greatly appreciated!!! Congrats on the New Ride!!!

Will do. I'm trying to stay civil with the GT 350 for now. My initial impression is the GT/SC definitely outperforms it off the line. But let me say this - once the GT 350 hits about 3800 RPMs, I think all bets are off. I haven't come close to the 8250 redline yet - the owner's manual recommends a 500 mile breakin at various speeds so I really haven't pushed it to the limits yet.

IIRC, they had no plaque at all showing any VIN sequence or "chassis number", so no, and it would have cost them if they had wanted to put one on. SAI cars, in contrast, did of course have all that.

Yeah, you could order a dash plaque for any gt500, and I suppose they may offer the same here- (shelby PP)

I dont think it would have cost Ford more to use a dash plaque is my point. I imagine that they just had no interest in doing it cost or no cost. Ford wasnt crazy about having SVT on their performance vehicles either. Apparently, they dont like there to be a distinction which I think is dumb. I guess they are willing to make a small exception to sell Shelbys though, huh?

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, they had no plaque at all showing any VIN sequence or "chassis number", so no, and it would have cost them if they had wanted to put one on. SAI cars, in contrast, did of course have all that.

I remember getting a plaque for my GT500 from Shelby with a real signature, my KR was a computer sig.

Yeah, you could order a dash plaque for any gt500, and I suppose they may offer the same here- (shelby PP)

I dont think it would have cost Ford more to use a dash plaque is my point. I imagine that they just had no interest in doing it cost or no cost. Ford wasnt crazy about having SVT on their performance vehicles either. Apparently, they dont like there to be a distinction which I think is dumb. I guess they are willing to make a small exception to sell Shelbys though, huh?

I have not asked the question but, I believe the GT350 doesn't have a lot of markings and such is the originals didn't. Except of course for side stripes. As far as SVT, Upper management has made it clear, they do not want to see anything with SVT on it, period with thinly vailed threats of termination. SVT as a nameplate is dead. Long live Ford Performance

Will do. I'm trying to stay civil with the GT 350 for now. My initial impression is the GT/SC definitely outperforms it off the line. But let me say this - once the GT 350 hits about 3800 RPMs, I think all bets are off. I haven't come close to the 8250 redline yet - the owner's manual recommends a 500 mile breakin at various speeds so I really haven't pushed it to the limits yet.

Springer....You Actually read the owners manual??!!

LOL