TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Mark up

Soup80

Looking into getting a GT350, but dealer Mark up at 3 dealers near me is $10K. SMH If I waited to put in an order for a 2017 do you think I would get it at MSRP? I want the car but don't want to pay dealer mark up. For those of you who got their GT350 at MSRP... How did you go about doing that?

Went to Laguna Seca today for a local track day event and a stealership had a 2015, chassis # 92 that he brought down on a flatbed to show and try to sell I assume. Just shy of 82K. 25K mark-up. The guy from Half Moon Bay Ford said if it is an out of state purchase the mark-up would be 40K. I know the 2015 is limited but this is insane! I have pictures but not sure why this thread does not give the option to post. Posted pictures in the GT350 Classified section: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89550-2015-gt350-chassis-92/?view=getnewpost

Edited by H0050

Went to Laguna Seca today for a local track day event and a stealership had a 2015, chassis # 92 that he brought down on a flatbed to show and try to sell I assume. Just shy of 82K. 25K mark-up. The guy from Half Moon Bay Ford said if it is an out of state purchase the mark-up would be 40K. I know the 2015 is limited but this is insane! I have pictures but not sure why this thread does not give the option to post. Posted pictures in the GT350 Classified section: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89550-2015-gt350-chassis-92/?view=getnewpost

The dealer flat beds his GT350 to the track trying to sell it to some poor sucker for 25 thousand over full sticker. How scum ball car dealer is that? Everyone know that this car falls off the map when the next GT500 hits the street.

Looking into getting a GT350, but dealer Mark up at 3 dealers near me is $10K. SMH If I waited to put in an order for a 2017 do you think I would get it at MSRP? I want the car but don't want to pay dealer mark up. For those of you who got their GT350 at MSRP... How did you go about doing that?

Just keep looking you will find one if not hang tight they will drop to MSRP, once all the money people have theirs.

Yeah, like the 2007 GT500, this market will cool off soon enough. I have an R allocation and will hold it through the winter. If I can get an MSRP allocation, I'll offer up the one I currently have. It isn't cheap, but it's the cheapest R I've found.

How to get a MSRP deal.... one word. LUCK + a lot of calling early before the reviews came out. Maybe when the log jam @ the plant is gone you might find one in March. Maybe.

The dealer is still making @ MSRP $3200 on a base + hold back and any other bonus. But remember the dealer had to pay $1000 for the entry fee. Some small dealers only got one 2016. Medium dealers got maybe two for 2016..... 5000 cars including the R's - export cars ( Canada & Mexico ) = 3500 to 4000 for the USA market spread around maybe 2700 participating dealers.

On top of all this you have large dealers buying allotments from small dealers. This is why you need to be lucky. The base car @msrp $49995 is one hell of a deal for what it is. So far the dealer ordered cars are mostly tech option cars @ around $58K MSRP.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Here another. I was first on the list, thanks for not calling me on this one Van Bortel !!

183x125.png?1405027617000
  • Sales: (585) 586-4415
  • Service: (585) 586-4415
  • Parts: (585) 586-4415
vanbortelfordfd.png
2015 Ford Shelby GT350 Shelby GT500 Coupe Coupe V8
J4.jpg
Detailed Pricing
  • $147,970Dealer Price**
  • Sample Payment2:$2,338 /mo
    60 Months @ 6.9% A.P.R. (estimated financing rate)($29,594 Down Payment)
  • Calculate another paymen

The dealer that I'm dealing with has all their 2016 allotments spoken for. I'm first in the list for the 2017 model. The dealer says they should be taking the 2017 orders in March. But the other day I got an email asking if I would be interested in a 2016 if they could get another allotment for one. I smell BS.... When I was told all the allotments were sold for 2016. I guess this is how they are justifying the dealer mark up. I guess I'll be waiting for the 2017.

The dealer that I'm dealing with has all their 2016 allotments spoken for. I'm first in the list for the 2017 model. The dealer says they should be taking the 2017 orders in March. But the other day I got an email asking if I would be interested in a 2016 if they could get another allotment for one. I smell BS.... When I was told all the allotments were sold for 2016. I guess this is how they are justifying the dealer mark up. I guess I'll be waiting for the 2017.

More "allotments" will magically appear if sales remain strong. Understand that Ford can bang out more 60 or 70 thousand dollar Mustangs than the public would ever consume. Tell the hype and ADM drum beaters to put a cork in it. They will be in stock looking for a home soone than you think.

More "allotments" will magically appear if sales remain strong. Understand that Ford can bang out more 60 or 70 thousand dollar Mustangs than the public would ever consume. Tell the hype and ADM drum beaters to put a cork in it. They will be in stock looking for a home soone than you think.

+1, it is the Ford way.

I vaguely remember some articles in the day referencing the 2007 GT500 was going to be "limited" production which fueled addendum window stickers.

As time passed (and production numbers increased) the prices came down.

History will repeat itself.

+1, but by the time reality hits, Ford dealers will make a killing off those either too stupid to remember and learn from history, or who have so much money having the latest, greatest, new thing (like an iPhone) makes them feel special.

Bill Utter Ford, a Dallas suburb dealer, just got a 2016 GT 350 in today. It is red with black stripes with the technology package. Although they are asking $10,000 over sticker, the price is negotiable. Call and ask for Jim, he is great to work with - 940/902-1690.

Edited by springer