TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No new posts

Torched10

I was considering a new GT350 until I saw the torque plot on these 5.2L FPC motors. They have no balls at all under 3500RPM. Looks like this offering is really dedicated to the road course officienados of the Mustang world who ever they may be. It would appear that you will have to run this motor like a chainsaw to get any real guts out of it, will suck on the street most of the time unless you wanna wring its neck every time you accelerate.

Freak show must be living with Santa. I agree with you about having to keep the RPMs up all the time on the flat plane, All I can state is that I have see one in person and it is one bad donkey Shelby!

Before the mods get mad at me again and decide to move this thread for veering way off topic, anyone coat their headers with Cerakote. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some headers and if I do I want to get them coated. Was going to go with Jet Hot but I can Cerakote local.

Also what size headers as they offer 1 3/8, 1 7/8 and 2 inches. From what I have gathered from others, 1 7/8 is the size to go with.

Freak show must be living with Santa. I agree with you about having to keep the RPMs up all the time on the flat plane, All I can state is that I have see one in person and it is one bad donkey Shelby!

Before the mods get mad at me again and decide to move this thread for veering way off topic, anyone coat their headers with Cerakote. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some headers and if I do I want to get them coated. Was going to go with Jet Hot but I can Cerakote local.

Also what size headers as they offer 1 3/8, 1 7/8 and 2 inches. From what I have gathered from others, 1 7/8 is the size to go with.

I didn't get either set coated , so I can't comment. Could be wrong but I thought you could order coated headers from the mfg., doesn't hurt to ask.

The most common sizes used are 1 3/4" & 1 7/8", 2" would be more for racing than street.

Kooks and ARH seem to be the most popular with our crowd, I have Kooks.

I have 1 3/4" on my 11, 1 7/8" on my 14.

Guest markham51

I was considering a new GT350 until I saw the torque plot on these 5.2L FPC motors. They have no balls at all under 3500RPM. Looks like this offering is really dedicated to the road course officienados of the Mustang world who ever they may be. It would appear that you will have to run this motor like a chainsaw to get any real guts out of it, will suck on the street most of the time unless you wanna wring its neck every time you accelerate.

Brilliant analysis, because after all, the street is where you really need to put down the power.

Edited by markham51

Brilliant analysis, because after all, the street is where you really need to put down the power.

Oh really?

The "street" is where 99% of these cars will be used 99.9% of the time. Nothing brilliant about that logic but obviously a little over your head.

Not much going on here so I'll add my two cents on the 2016 GT350. It would be a step back for me. This 2013 GT500 with bolt on mods has so much more power at all rpm than the GT350. And I do no road racing so I could care less about how fast it goes in circles. Even in 6th gear at 60 mph it pulls harder than all of the Corvettes I've owned. Even my 2012 Z06 and it with about every bolt on available.

Edited by CR2013GT500

Thanks Alibi. I will check on the coating. You always seem to very helpful to people in the posts I have read. Even though I lurk mostly I wanted you know I appreciate it.

On the GT 350, I only looked at one and did not drive it. It looks bad burro. I am sure I could figure a way to keep the rpm's spinning on the street.

At least we have some posting going on in Shelby GT 500 (2013-2014) forum although it is about the new Shelby GT 350. Oh well I knew how to stir things up!

Edited by Bearbo

Took mine out in the rain yesterday to a Paul Walker tribute meet. Wouldn't normally go out in the rain but this event was one we were looking forward to for months.

Drove like there was an egg on the throttle as the roads were cold and wet. Felt nervous all the time and stayed away from the gas!

Got loads of attention at the meet. Worth going but it won't get much use in the winter, especially on those Goodyears...

Parked between a friend's 2008 GT500 and another friend's Supra...

23124108890_cb09fe6d09_b.jpgpw_meet by Malc May, on Flickr

Malc

Edited by UKGT500

Hey Buster, obviously the thought of a dedicate track car flew over your head as well? Or was that the 1%? I figured more than that would never see daylight and sit in collections? Maybe I'm confused? Hey Mark, can you help me out?

Sounds like you are somewhat confused.

Guest markham51

Buster, when you say 'street'...do you mean street racing? Is that where you need all this bottom end torque? Where my daughter and my grandkids drive?

I have a Super Snake, an Evolution Performance tuned GT500 making 640HP, a MKIII Cobra w 427R Roush racing engine, and a 68 GT500KR with a 427 SCJ, a Corvette, etc. and none of these cars hold a candle to my new GT350. The GT350 is simply amazing. The other cars feel like tanks after driving the GT350. Chainsaw? Ring its neck? Are you 16?

Buster, when you say 'street'...do you mean street racing? Is that where you need all this bottom end torque? Where my daughter and my grandkids drive?

I have a Super Snake, an Evolution Performance tuned GT500 making 640HP, a MKIII Cobra w 427R Roush racing engine, and a 68 GT500KR with a 427 SCJ, a Corvette, etc. and none of these cars hold a candle to my new GT350. The GT350 is simply amazing. The other cars feel like tanks after driving the GT350. Chainsaw? Ring its neck? Are you 16?

I was 16 back in the 1970s!

I was done street racing before the 70s ended so no worries from me.

Glad you enjoy your GT350. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to drive one somewhere in the near future. Interesting that your GT500 feels that bad compared to the GT350. Technology has changed this hobby/interest profoundly and in quite shorter over the past decade.

Guest markham51

I was 16 back in the 1970s!

I was done street racing before the 70s ended so no worries from me.

Glad you enjoy your GT350. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to drive one somewhere in the near future. Interesting that your GT500 feels that bad compared to the GT350. Technology has changed this hobby/interest profoundly and in quite shorter over the past decade.

It's not that the others are bad, because they are not...its just that the new car is so good. Everything is so finessed, from the laser like steering to the butter smooth clutch...and the brakes are crazy good. The engine sound is soooo amazing you want to drive it all the time. It's addictive.

Edited by markham51

Shelby SVT Cobra TP PP GT-500 4 Life. Feel that Trinity Torque. Come over to the Dark Sides and/or if you're already there; you'd Never want to leave. Get Sum!