TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie to forum and 1st time Shelby GT500 owner

JimInNY

I recently traded my 2012 GT 5.0 Mustang in on a very lightly used 2010 GT 500 convertible, and I could not be happier. I wasn't looking, but somehow it found me. :)

Nice forum here. I look forward to being around quite a bit.

Traded this:

post-45589-0-03565200-1448246232_thumb.jpg

For this:

post-45589-0-72526500-1448246282_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Shelby ownership World. It's a much bigger step than most people realize, you'll be spoiled. I went from a 2003 Mach 1 to my first Shelby, a 2011. Recently drove a 2013 Boss 302 and felt I was driving a V-6, just made me realize how much more I love my Shelby. See you tracked the 5.0, let us know how you do with the 'vert. :cool:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes I definitely plan on tracking the vert, but I really want a roll bar first.Anyone have any suggestions?

I race at Lebanon Valley and on Wednesday nights, they run a class called Street Stick. I'll probably run that mostly.

Edited by JimInNY

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, and I am thoroughly enjoying the ride. Too much in fact. If I keep it up, the car will be worn out in a year or two. Not that I drive it too hard or too fast, I just drive it too much. I wish winter would get here and the snows would fly so it can hibernate til Spring. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, and I am thoroughly enjoying the ride. Too much in fact. If I keep it up, the car will be worn out in a year or two. Not that I drive it too hard or too fast, I just drive it too much. I wish winter would get here and the snows would fly so it can hibernate til Spring. :)

Good luck trying to wear it out in a year or two. I've had mine for 6 years and it still runs perfect!

Ps. It's not a garage queen