TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window sticker / build sheet for 2013

UKGT500

Hi, does anyone know if I can find the build sheet and window sticker for my 2013. Hope it doesn't make it an issue that I don't live in the USA but are these available online anywhere? I found the one for my 2007 GT500 but all the sources I try for my 2013 say "not yet available" which strikes me as a bit slow as my car was made 3 years ago.

Also do thes ecars have a build sheet anywhere in the car like in the old days (on top of the fuel tank, under the back seat, etc...)

Thanks, Malc

I noticed a site that I used to view my window sticker before on, yesterday said it wasn't available. The site must be down for some reason.

Some people have found a broadcast, ( build ), sheet in their cars, I wasn't one of them.

That website is not down but Ford no longer gives access to the general public.

Ford will sell you a window sticker (Monroney label) at:

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store.cfm?store_id=1

Steve

That really sucks because it was a great tool I used while searching for fords online. By viewing the sticker I was able to rule out many vehicles that weren't equipped the way I wanted. :redcard: At the least this service should be restored to registered Ford owners.

It appears that Ford wants you to go through a dealer to get a copy of the Window Sticker.

Car Shopper Window Sticker Request

• If you are a customer with a preferred dealership, please contact your local Ford or Lincoln dealer to request access to this window sticker.

Try this: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Regards,

Manfred

Btw, in which area you live in the UK? Our daughter lives in London. I am thinking about travelling to England with one of my snakes next year. Eventually we could meet somewhere and have a pint of lager together.

Sorry Manfred your link produces the same results as the other sites.....zilch. I called Ford customer service to inquire about why this info was no longer available. I was directed to two sites that I had never tried before, and I was under the impression that I could view stickers there for free....nope, $25 each! No thank you. I called back and lodged a complaint.

My local dealer has the "view window sticker" feature on their website but it only applies to their inventory. Most but not all dealers have this feature on their website.

Lets say you are cruising past auto row and you spot a GT500 sitting out front of the BMW dealership and don't want to stop and check it out for fear of getting swarmed by some narcissistic salesman that has no clue what GT500 has under the hood. So you get home and look it up on the website and the vin is listed, but now you can't view the sticker because it wasn't sitting on a Ford lot.

From Ford's standpoint, I understand why they did this, but doesn't mean I have to like it. If public outcry was loud enough, the service might get reinstated.

Try this: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Regards,

Manfred

Btw, in which area you live in the UK? Our daughter lives in London. I am thinking about travelling to England with one of my snakes next year. Eventually we could meet somewhere and have a pint of lager together.

Just like all the other sites, all this site does is go back to Ford's website where they offer to sell you a window sticker.

It appears that Ford wants you to go through a dealer to get a copy of the Window Sticker.

Car Shopper Window Sticker Request

• If you are a customer with a preferred dealership, please contact your local Ford or Lincoln dealer to request access to this window sticker.

That is one option that Ford offers but if you notice nowhere does it say your local dealer will give it to you for free. In my opinion your local dealer will charge you for it or make you wait in their showroom so that they can make a sales pitch to you. Unless you're tight with your local dealership I highly doubt you can walk in with a VIN number and walk out with a window sticker unless you've opened your wallet or sat thru a sales pitch for a car on their lot.

Steve

Thanks Guys, I think I may be out of luck then as I am in the UK. I have never managed to get through Ford US contact information as very few dealers have anything to do with overseas customers being that it isn't a marketpace, or wasn't until the new S550.

There are a few US dealers that sell Internationally via Ebay and direct so I'll see if I can contact any of those.

Ford are getting too businesslike, I even had to pay extra for a gas cap for my car (ha, ha I know it's capless but I couldn't live with the idea of some idiot throwing stuff down my gas tank!)

Malc

Thanks Guys, I think I may be out of luck then as I am in the UK. I have never managed to get through Ford US contact information as very few dealers have anything to do with overseas customers being that it isn't a marketpace, or wasn't until the new S550.

There are a few US dealers that sell Internationally via Ebay and direct so I'll see if I can contact any of those.

Ford are getting too businesslike, I even had to pay extra for a gas cap for my car (ha, ha I know it's capless but I couldn't live with the idea of some idiot throwing stuff down my gas tank!)

Malc

Malc,

It is my understanding that the GT350 is just for the North American market, at least for the 2015-16 model year. So I agree that finding a car on eBay is probably your best bet. Hope it works out for you.

Steve

Malc,

It is my understanding that the GT350 is just for the North American market, at least for the 2015-16 model year. So I agree that finding a car on eBay is probably your best bet. Hope it works out for you.

Steve

Steve, don't worry I am not in the market for an S550 - they don't interest me one bit I'm afraid. I'm just talking about Ford dealer support in the UK: the S550 will be sold new in the UK and supported by dealers but I would be surprised if they would retrospectively suppport any older Mustangs including the GT500.

Malc

Malc,

If you can PM me your VIN, I will check with my local dealer and see if he can send me a copy of your window sticker.

Top man, I just tried to PM you and I received a popup message that said: the new member "Snoopy49 cannot receive any messages". As you are obviously not a new member I don't know how that can be...?

Malc

I was able to get the window sticker pdf file from one of the dealers near me. The first dealer I called was unable to download load or view it, but that ended up being a problem with the persons experience level. The second dealer I called had no problem getting a copy downloaded and I received it in an e-mail a couple of minutes after hanging up the phone.