TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Dealer Allocations

GT500-07

Knowing how many allocation is a start but understanding how they are used is more important. They are spread out over the quarters. Must dealers currently have had only one or two allocations pulled for orders. A dealer with 4 allocations might not be able to use the last two allocations until April . Some dealers with one haven't been able to use it yet. Dealers are rewarded and get first choice over other dealers it all depends on the rep for that area and past mustang sales. Some buyers have placed orders back in June and still don't have their car yet. When an allocation is able to be pulled for an order is the most important information a buyer needs to know.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I know two groups working on that as we speak. If it takes more than a month, I'll be shocked.

Actually I will be watching to see what SAI does with this car, hopefully that is not far off either. Whatever it is it has to be superior to some aftermarket Joe and Don's Speed Shop stuff from their garage. :)

I don't think there is a chance this will be a 2 year run, they will make as many as they can sell. The Boss didn't sell well, that was an easy decision. Odd because I would think the buying audience of the Boss and GT-350 would be the same.

Who knows, look at the Z-06, hundreds of them on dealer lots now and last year you couldn't find one, the same could happen here.

I don't think there is a chance this will be a 2 year run, they will make as many as they can sell. The Boss didn't sell well, that was an easy decision. Odd because I would think the buying audience of the Boss and GT-350 would be the same.

Who knows, look at the Z-06, hundreds of them on dealer lots now and last year you couldn't find one, the same could happen here.

The Boss 302 was held to a two year run because the original was only two years.

The Boss 302 was held to a two year run because the original was only two years.

Understood but if it sold like the GT-500 in 2007, which was supposed to be a limited run as well, do you think they would have stopped producing it? I think they would have kept going just like they did with the GT-500, but we will never know because it didn't sell well.

Just my opinion

Understood but if it sold like the GT-500 in 2007, which was supposed to be a limited run as well, do you think they would have stopped producing it? I think they would have kept going just like they did with the GT-500, but we will never know because it didn't sell well.

Just my opinion

I don't know about that. The voodoo and the 350 were being developed in 2011. I think the reason the BOSS didn't sell particularly well was because it just didn't have much separating it from the pack. It was merely a track tuned GT with forged internals. It was the best statistically for the track in 12-13, but Ford knew the 2015 GT was going to outdo the Boss without any special changes. The GT500 and the GT350 sell great because they are not anything like the GT. The 2012 Boss sold quite well, but once the 2013 500 hit the market, it was doomed.

I don't disagree that Ford may decide to extend the 350 because it's just that good a seller. I am just wondering out loud here and haven't heard anything to make me think a 2 year run, and after the backlash from the "limited" run suggestions of the GT500 initially, I wouldn't think they would repeat that again. It makes no sense to make a statement either way.

Edited by DubbsFaris

I don't know about that. The voodoo and the 350 were being developed in 2011. I think the reason the BOSS didn't sell particularly well was because it just didn't have much separating it from the pack. It was merely a track tuned GT with forged internals. It was the best statistically for the track in 12-13, but Ford knew the 2015 GT was going to outdo the Boss without any special changes. The GT500 and the GT350 sell great because they are not anything like the GT. The 2012 Boss sold quite well, but once the 2013 500 hit the market, it was doomed.

I don't disagree that Ford may decide to extend the 350 because it's just that good a seller. I am just wondering out loud here and haven't heard anything to make me think a 2 year run, and after the backlash from the "limited" run suggestions of the GT500 initially, I wouldn't think they would repeat that again. It makes no sense to make a statement either way.

Great points, the gap between the GT350 and regular GT is much greater then the Boss was at the time.

I'm on the fence on buying a GT-350, I am leaning towards a Convertible for my next toy, maybe they will add that at some point.

Great points, the gap between the GT350 and regular GT is much greater then the Boss was at the time.

I'm on the fence on buying a GT-350, I am leaning towards a Convertible for my next toy, maybe they will add that at some point.

A convertible would be a great improvement.