TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 GT350 at local dealer

mmitcgell

Back to the topic, here is a press release just issued by our local dealer:

"At…….we're committed to Ford Performance enthusiasts and we understand that the Shelby GT350 and GT350R are in extremely short supply. Our philosophy has always been to treat each customer as a valued long-term relationship, beneficial to both parties. We don't want to sell you a car once, we want to be your dealer for life. For that reason we have decided to change the pricing strategy on our allocation of these amazing Mustangs. Rather than follow the trend, we will offer our allocations out to sealed bid with no set minimum. That's right, there is no set markup on any of our Shelby allocations, highest bid wins."

They state an "independent auditor" will open the enveloped on Dec. 20 and determine the "winners". Very interesting things have gone to a new level of ADMs.

"At…….we're committed to Ford Performance enthusiasts and we understand that the Shelby GT350 and GT350R are in extremely short supply. Our philosophy has always been to treat each customer as a valued long-term relationship, beneficial to both parties. We don't want to sell you a car once, we want to be your dealer for life. For that reason we have decided to change the pricing strategy on our allocation of these amazing Mustangs. Rather than follow the trend, we will offer our allocations out to sealed bid with no set minimum. That's right, there is no set markup on any of our Shelby allocations, highest bid wins."

They state an "independent auditor" will open the enveloped on Dec. 20 and determine the "winners". Very interesting things have gone to a new level of ADMs.

What a crock. No ADM but we're going to auction them to the highest bidder. Now if everyone just went in at MSRP they could have a drawing but you know that everyone will go higher.

P.S. Why withhold the dealer's name?

Edited by twobjshelbys

Wow, l personally see this as far worse than just putting a known number on the windshield. This is how you gain customer's for life? How you form relationships is by giving the customers a deal and treating them with respect and kindness, not by seeing how much money you can pull out of them and treating them like a number in an auction. That entire press release is an oxymoron.

Price gouging, no matter how you explain it or in what form, will always piss people off and you will lose customers, it cannot be avoided. But the dealerships do not appear concerned, they have a media hyped feeding frenzy and a fool and his money are soon parted. There are plenty more customers out there they think, a dime a dozen.

Ah, I've figured out what they really want to say:

At Rich Ford, where we have always valued long-term relationship, and while we previously believed that to be beneficial to both parties. we have figured out that dealing with long term customers, the kind we used to sell to at discounts on a regular basis, is too much work since you have come to expect it so instead we're going to tell all of you go to somewhere else and sell our cars on the internet to someone who we know we will never see again so we can simply tend to the bottom line.

Edited by twobjshelbys

It's usually the market demand (us consumers) that designates the prices, not the dealers.

Exactly. There are many in the enthusiast community who just don't get it. The retailer does NOT establish the ultimate selling price, the buyer does. Look at all the suckers who were bent over on the '07 GT500s and then on the KRs.

Exactly. There are many in the enthusiast community who just don't get it. The retailer does NOT establish the ultimate selling price, the buyer does. Look at all the suckers who were bent over on the '07 GT500s and then on the KRs.

A sucker is born every minute, and more often when Ford wants to introduce a "limited edition" car. I don't feel sorry for the suckers, they are making their own decisions with their own money, but hope they do not complain when they bend over, take it in the shorts, and then try to sell in a few years and expect something other than a commonplace used car sale.

A sucker is born every minute, and more often when Ford wants to introduce a "limited edition" car. I don't feel sorry for the suckers, they are making their own decisions with their own money, but hope they do not complain when they bend over, take it in the shorts, and then try to sell in a few years and expect something other than a commonplace used car sale.

Good point, I remember the '07 bailouts 2 years later when much of the hype and exclusivity wore off. Those guys were looking for 50 grand when you could buy a new one for 40 or less.

There does happen to be many reviews and threads in other forums out there. They started a year ago as the 2015 models were rolled out. Not referring the GT350 only. And yes I do own many Shelby's currently and also own a 2015 50th LE Mustang. Door alignment is bad. Readjusted as much as possible, but still kick out on bottom. Hoods alignment has been a problem, rear trunk deck etc. Some of the cars are worse than others. Rear fascia to quarter panel alignment. Mold ridges exposed, rather than removed or smoothed, thin paint in areas. Not trying to be nitpicky, just stating facts. It is a shame Ford is sending a lot of the Mustangs out this way, especially the GT350. They certainly know of these issues by now. Many owners have complained to dealers and regional managers, and cars have had to go into body shops for rework upon delivery. Some issues are beyond a simple adjustment. Ford Motor Company is a "Big Boy" and can certainly defend themselves and/or improve these issues. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Back in the day when I used to officiate Basketball, coaches would complain about how many fouls I had called on their team vs. the other team. They didn't have much to say when I would respond, "then quit fouling" ! Ford needs to quit committing fouls on these quality issues if they don't want to hear about them. Or maybe they just don't care !

Well, that's the first I've heard. And I'm on what I thought was all the Shelby forums, and g6. I have a 2015 LE too, and the fit is perfect. The LE builds actually had to be inspected by 3 separate groups, so that's even weirder... I did hear of a paint issue on 1 car. But it was one case.

Yeah, Hyperstangs put me on that list too Mike. I was encouraged until I got that same email....then I realized it was even worse than putting an actual price on the car and being transparent about it. This way, they can say they don't get ADMs, and don't have to reveal the sales price. I'm not saying they are crooks, but I'm trying to find a single dealer to buy ALL my vehicles through, and I've bought a dozen in the last 8 years. That's a lot of sales....for a private customer anyway.

Yeah, Hyperstangs put me on that list too Mike. I was encouraged until I got that same email....then I realized it was even worse than putting an actual price on the car and being transparent about it. This way, they can say they don't get ADMs, and don't have to reveal the sales price. I'm not saying they are crooks, but I'm trying to find a single dealer to buy ALL my vehicles through, and I've bought a dozen in the last 8 years. That's a lot of sales....for a private customer anyway.

I've bought about a dozen cars too in the last 8 years, but only 3 through Rich. But they don't sell vintage Shelbys and Corvettes…….. :)

Well, that's the first I've heard. And I'm on what I thought was all the Shelby forums, and g6. I have a 2015 LE too, and the fit is perfect. The LE builds actually had to be inspected by 3 separate groups, so that's even weirder... I did hear of a paint issue on 1 car. But it was one case.

Many, many threads on Mustang 6g. Search "2015 mustang panel fit/gap issues" for instance. The complaints go on and on and on. All over the web. Edited by cmcmotorworks

Many, many threads on Mustang 6g. Search "2015 mustang panel fit/gap issues" for instance. The complaints go on and on and on. All over the web.

Mustang6g is a trip through the twilight zone often times. There are quite a few rookie Mustangers on that forum who have a lot to learn. Be very careful of any advice or commentaries you read there. Some of those guys think that $10,000 over full sticker for a GT350 is a "good deal". Obviously they weren't around or paid no attention to the GT500 launch and sales scenario. Quite a few members there being bent over in a big way.

I wish they would abolish the whole dealer network scam and let the manufacturers sell direct to the consumer. Cut out the middle man. Sorta like Tesla does.

I like that Idea also. As we all know there are dealers that make $$ on selling cars, some on service and some on parts or a combination of these. A lot of companies sell direct and through dealers, though not cars. Some states have chicken laws stating that the manufacture can not sell direct. Similar to what Ford has to deal with the by importing the Transit Connect.

As a compromise the manufactures could do something like Shopatron, you buy on the web and they get a dealer to match the price and you pick it up at a dealer with a certain distance. On some goods the dealer actually competes in a reverse auction to sell the item. At least this way, the dealer would be able to offer the customer the usual closing/financial ad-ons. OH, wait, there is a service like this, TRUCAR and dealers are trying to shut it down, because they are not gouging customers as much.