TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 GT350 at local dealer

mmitcgell

Roberts Ford in Alton,IL. Has a 2015 GT350 setting on the show room floor. White/blue with tech package. They are taking sealed bids until next week. Car#118. I was expecting something to be different like a 50th badge or something to show it was a 2015. Only diff I could tell is 118 is VIN and also number on the dash. Sticker is $57970.

It honestly blows my mind, personally I would wait for 2016 just to avoid the first year run, why people are going for this ADM crap again is beyond me. There is no benefit to owning the first year run even if it is 137 units. MSRP and less will be had all day long in 2016.

One local deale rhas a '16 with a 15k adm, while the exact color and optioned same car not 10 minutes away at a different dealership is being advertised for sticker. Go figure...

What dealer is selling one for sticker?! That's valuable info not to share!

What dealer is selling one for sticker?! That's valuable info not to share!

This is the online listing, showing no ADM. The car with the 15k upcharge is no more than 10 minutes down the road.

http://www.allstardenhamsprings.com/inventory?condition=New&year=&make=Ford&model=Mustang&standardtrim=Shelby+GT350&body=&type=new

One local dealer has a '16 with a 15k adm, while the exact color and optioned same car not 10 minutes away at a different dealership is being advertised for sticker. Go figure...

Very true. I got my 2011 in August 2010 for $2500 less than MSRP. I lucked out, someone had ordered it and then backed out at the last minute and the dealership wanted one with more options on their showroom. At the same time another dealership across town was advertising a new 2010 for $10K over MSRP. You just never know.

Should be 137, split between 100 non-R and 37 R models.

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that all the 2015's were snatched up. Just shows that you can never believe what you read. I feel pretty certain the 37R's are sold though.

Did someone steal the spoiler? Strange they would keep a $50k adm car outside.

The actual building is being remodeled. I too was surprised to see a $50k mark up and with it being parked outside 24/7

I understand they only made 100 2015 GT350s, but still...

Oh. That's common. I can't tell you how many dealers list MSRP on Cars.com, and then tell you 10-20k over when you call. Let's just say out of 20+ dealers I've called listing MSRP, not one has been under 10k ADM.

Looks like thje one listed at sticker is in fact 20k over. Anotherlocal dealership is expecting their white/blue stripe car to be delivered next week.

It honestly blows my mind, personally I would wait for 2016 just to avoid the first year run, why people are going for this ADM crap again is beyond me. There is no benefit to owning the first year run even if it is 137 units. MSRP and less will be had all day long in 2016.

Absolutely correct. The 1st year crap is just plain stupid. Unfortunately there always seems to be suckers who swallow the nonsense about limited production, investment potential, etc. A 2015 GT350 will never be worth more than it is now. Anyone here who has followed this stuff over the years knows this. It will be interesting to see what happens with in stock, '16, GT350s this winter when they are looking for homes in areas where there is 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Absolutely correct. The 1st year crap is just plain stupid. Unfortunately there always seems to be suckers who swallow the nonsense about limited production, investment potential, etc. A 2015 GT350 will never be worth more than it is now. Anyone here who has followed this stuff over the years knows this. It will be interesting to see what happens with in stock, '16, GT350s this winter when they are looking for homes in areas where there is 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Last year folks were paying ADM's on the Z06, now you can get them for $10K plus off sticker. I do not think this will sway that much because I think Ford will be smart enough with production to know the demand drops off a cliff after the first year on cars like this. Dealers pull this crap with anything they think is hot.

There is a kind of person that will pay huge ADMs to be among the first to get the latest, greatest, new thing, sometimes you see thousands of them sleeping outside the Apple store to get the new iPhones. Some people find that ridiculous and refuse to do it, knowing patience is a virtue, want to get more information and do their due diligence, and that all saves lots of money in the long run. But, it is a free country so it is your personal choice, good luck which ever way you go.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

There is a kind of person that will pay huge ADMs to be among the first to get the latest, greatest, new thing, sometimes you see thousands of them sleeping outside the Apple store to get the new iPhones. Some people find that ridiculous and refuse to do it, knowing patience is a virtue, want to get more information and do their due diligence, and that all saves lots of money in the long run. But, it is a free country so it is your personal choice, good luck which ever way you go.

Very True!!! That Apple thing I never got either....

To each their own.

Last year folks were paying ADM's on the Z06, now you can get them for $10K plus off sticker. I do not think this will sway that much because I think Ford will be smart enough with production to know the demand drops off a cliff after the first year on cars like this. Dealers pull this crap with anything they think is hot.

The value of these GT350s will take a huge dump when the next generation GT500 hits the street.

If ford would ship the damn cars maybe the ADM's might start to come down. I'm sick of waiting and waiting to get released for shipping. The z06 is a poor example because design flaws have hurt sales. If there were a most problems of the year award the C7 would win. Because the Yugo is no longer.

Edited by mach 1 1970