TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 GT350 at local dealer

mmitcgell

If ford would ship the damn cars maybe the ADM's might start to come down. I'm sick of waiting and waiting to get released for shipping. The z06 is a poor example because design flaws have hurt sales. If there were a most problems of the year award the C7 would win. Because the Yugo is no longer.

"Most problems of the year", really? If you had a clue you would know that any and all ultra performance vehicles have some issues. Your post is a thinly veiled, poorly disguised bash of a Corvette. The C7 Z06 is an absolute beast capable of laying a beat down on cars costing 5 times as much.

Get a grip Dude.

Stop complaining about other people opinions .... and talk about the cars. The Shelby GT350 has what I was looking for a sports car made for under $60K. There are MSRP deals out there you just have to work @ it. Have a happy turkey day you all .

Car & driver 2014 C7 long term test dec issue. By Mike Sutton.

1.engine failure @ 6000 mile. New engine

2.heating and cooling system replaced brain , 3 weeks to replace

3.rear axle seals replaced

4 heated seats didn't work

5 shifter problem felt like stirring a bag of cement ,never fixed.

6 started motor replaced. 12 seconds of cranking in the winter to finally start .

7 side air bag replaced

The final statement was if this was their personnel car they would have sold it before they turned it back in.

"The latest Corvette is an amazing performance bargain . But the realty is that this stingray failed spectacularly "

6 started motor replaced. 12 seconds of cranking in the winter to finally start .

7 side air bag replaced

The final statement was if this was their personnel car they would have sold it before they turned it back in.

"The latest Corvette is an amazing performance bargain . But the realty is that this stingray failed spectacularly "

7 side air bag replaced

A sample size there of exactly ONE and from a magazine who is notorious for hating on domestic cars but raved about the GT3 when they all had their engines replaced and some actually exploded in flames.

A sample size there of exactly ONE and from a magazine who is notorious for hating on domestic cars but raved about the GT3 when they all had their engines replaced and some actually exploded in flames.

True, they HATED on the GT500, but nevertheless, I don't recall seeing any major mechanical issues with the gt500 tests. A local mod shop is primarily a vette shop has also seen quite a few gremlins in the c7. It does look great though imho.

Weren't there a lot of Tech Service Bulletins and various complaints with the 2007-9 GT500, including drivetrain(rear axle whine, clutch vibration and wear, and more), exhaust, wiring harness, a variety of odd noises, water leaks and such? I do not recall any total failures, however. Of course, as a Ford fan, I would rather deal with the GT500 issues than drive a C6 or C7.

There were TSBs, yeah, but they were minor in comparison. I like the C7. Especially the Z06. I might get one for my wife in the next couple years.

If you do, go to Bowling Green and build the engine yourself, well worth the extra money for that option. The hand built engines have done much better than the assembly line LT-1s from Tonawanda.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

If ford would ship the damn cars maybe the ADM's might start to come down. I'm sick of waiting and waiting to get released for shipping. The z06 is a poor example because design flaws have hurt sales. If there were a most problems of the year award the C7 would win. Because the Yugo is no longer.

I understand the issues, I was looking at the Z06, many are having issues on the Corvette Forum. I agree this deterred some, but I do not think it was enough to cause the influx of cars sitting on lots today.

Here is a 2016 for sale for 5k over MSRP just out side of Dallas, Texas you can call Jim @ 940-902-1690 I will take any over sticker offer to the gm but I have been told 5k is as cheap as they will go for now I have it sold at sticker but they will not take it

FullSizeRender

FullSizeRender (1)

FullSizeRender (2)

LOL! What is he going to do unbolt the motor and transmission mounts, jack the engine and take them out to examine?

Collapsed motor mounts are easy to check, you start it up, rev it and look at the movement of the block. Usually something hits the frame.

I think he is talking about the 2014 GT350s Mike, not the new 2016s from Ford.

There are no motor mount issues now on the 16s because Ford held them back and addressed the issue before shipping them out

OK, thanks, I thought he was referring to the 2015/2016 GT350s and didn't know Ford had repaired them before sending out batches, thought some may have been out on the street unrepaired.

Collapsed motor mounts are easy to check, you start it up, rev it and look at the movement of the block. Usually something hits the frame.

OK, thanks, I thought he was referring to the 2015/2016 GT350s and didn't know Ford had repaired them before sending out batches, thought some may have been out on the street unrepaired.

I was referring to the 2016 Ford GT350. 14 on their lot. Heading to Miller Motorsports park Edited by cmcmotorworks

I was referring to the 2016 Ford GT350. 14 on their lot. Heading to Miller Motorsports park

Wait, you are saying the 2016 has panel gaps and finish problems? Not on any I have seen. I am sure you didn't take any pictures of that so we can see what you mean, huh?

You would think in all the reviews, something about that would have come up, but I'm sure you know what you are talking about with all the Shelbys you have owned.

Could the Miller cars be QC failed or mule cars enroute to Ford racing school?

Since Miller Motorsports Park is no longer in operation and all the employees of FRS that I know are now gone, probably not. I have not yet heard the fate of the racing school yet. It's been very quiet with all the people I know. I haven't heard yet if it's moving somewhere else or if they are trying to make a deal with the new Chinese track owners.

Wait, you are saying the 2016 has panel gaps and finish problems? Not on any I have seen. I am sure you didn't take any pictures of that so we can see what you mean, huh?

You would think in all the reviews, something about that would have come up, but I'm sure you know what you are talking about with all the Shelbys you have owned.

There does happen to be many reviews and threads in other forums out there. They started a year ago as the 2015 models were rolled out. Not referring the GT350 only. And yes I do own many Shelby's currently and also own a 2015 50th LE Mustang. Door alignment is bad. Readjusted as much as possible, but still kick out on bottom. Hoods alignment has been a problem, rear trunk deck etc. Some of the cars are worse than others. Rear fascia to quarter panel alignment. Mold ridges exposed, rather than removed or smoothed, thin paint in areas. Not trying to be nitpicky, just stating facts. It is a shame Ford is sending a lot of the Mustangs out this way, especially the GT350. They certainly know of these issues by now. Many owners have complained to dealers and regional managers, and cars have had to go into body shops for rework upon delivery. Some issues are beyond a simple adjustment. Ford Motor Company is a "Big Boy" and can certainly defend themselves and/or improve these issues. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Back in the day when I used to officiate Basketball, coaches would complain about how many fouls I had called on their team vs. the other team. They didn't have much to say when I would respond, "then quit fouling" ! Ford needs to quit committing fouls on these quality issues if they don't want to hear about them. Or maybe they just don't care ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

Since Miller Motorsports Park is no longer in operation and all the employees of FRS that I know are now gone, probably not. I have not yet heard the fate of the racing school yet. It's been very quiet with all the people I know. I haven't heard yet if it's moving somewhere else or if they are trying to make a deal with the new Chinese track owners.

The new Chinese owners are changing very little, and contracting out the management of the track as is.

The new Chinese owners are changing very little, and contracting out the management of the track as is.

But not so sure about the Ford Racing School. Nothing has been confirmed there to my knowledge. Yes, they are actually building out the facility even further with possible Oval Track and Drag Strip. I just heard some rumblings that there is the possibility of it staying at the facility, but not solid yet.

Edited by JeffJ