TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will a 2013 Mustang 19" Wheel fit 2014 Shelby GT 500?

I found a factory 19" Mustang GT 2013 wheel with minor damage a couple hundred miles away. Since the GT has 19's on front I think it might fit. With the smallest used tire I can find for a spare, will it fit in the well in the trunk? If I got a flat on the rear I guess I would limp slowly to a tire shop.

• 1 month later...

Remember that when it comes to rims for our GT500's, the clearance for the larger Brembo brake calipers is critical. While the rim bolt pattern may be the same, as well as the rim diameter and tire diameter, it still may not work as the rim will contact the brake caliper and not turn.

Also, remember that even if the rim does clear, that running two different tire diameters on the rear axle can cause damage to the limited slip differential. In the case of a rear blowout, you may just have to put a front rim/tire on the rear and then the spare in front (assuming the front and rear tire diameters are the same). Just some things to think about!!