TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to do the rear diffuser, spliiter and side rockers in CF for a 2010. I did a little research here but a lot of it was dated or sort of hearsay. I'm particularly

Interested in a good fit, especially the rear diffuser. Anyone who actually has it can you give me some advice, its to expensive to just guess, and if you had a bad experience that's also helpful. You can always PM me if you don't want to put it here. Thanks

i have the rear diffuser from tru carbon its a great piece , its looks great ,but its not so easy to install ,not the hardest do do ,i had a shop also install it ,the piece is much stiffer then the stock one ,so i had to work it for a while because it pulled the bumper about 1/4 inch away from the quater panels with need some massaging to close that gap, not sure if the other guys had this problem , it looks great but i would not install it in the winter ,like i did which made it harder to work it back into place,tru-carbon by far a quality part ,cost about $1100 plus shipping from cali. hope that helps you , forgot to mention , fit is great

Edited by BLUE 2010 SHELBY GT 500

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The stock rear diffuser is so flimsy and you can move it with your hand with ease. I'm sure at speed, it's flapping like a one winged duck, trying to take off... I'd really like to buy a CF one, but seems to be hard to install. I'd love to find a shop that could install it for me.

QUESTION: Is the Tru-Carbon one lighter than stock? Seems counter-intuitive to install a heavier piece.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

The stock rear diffuser is so flimsy and you can move it with your hand with ease. I'm sure at speed, it's flapping like a one winged duck, trying to take off... I'd really like to buy a CF one, but seems to be hard to install. I'd love to find a shop that could install it for me.

QUESTION: Is the Tru-Carbon one lighter than stock? Seems counter-intuitive to install a heavier piece.

Raceskinz did a CF rear diffuser for the 2007-2009 Super Snakes. The 2007-2009 did not come from Shelby with CF on the rear, but Raceskinz stepped up and made a nice CF overlay to complete the CF look on the earlier cars. <<They may make something similar for the 2010-up.

R

Edited by Robert M