TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new 2016 GT350 arrived at my dealer in Waterloo Ontario today!

Guest markham51

Guest markham51

First impressions.. GT 350 Tech package car.

Exterior. Body panels are tight. Lines are great. Paint is perfect. Wheels fit in wells properly. Looks menacing. Rear lights and exhaust are awesome.

Interior. My chassis number G0134 Love everything about interior. Looks balanced...upscale. Love the guages between the center vents Shifter is in exactly the right place. Thought I wouldn't like the alacantra...but i lovve it. Once again it differntiates the car and the soft touch it provides is very very nice feel. Havent spent much time on navigation yet but did use it. Works very well. Love the backup camera. I am a big music person and the quality of sound is excellent for a sports car. Iphone paired nicely, in a few seconds everything was here I wanted it. Seats are very very good. Just enough bolster...comfortable and lots of adjustments. heated and cooled. Great job all around. Shifer is in EXACTLY the right place. It has a collar for reverse...great idea. Engine wont start unless clutch depressed...again good idea.

Driving dynamics. LASER steering and handling. SUSPENSION handled biggest bumps with ease...magnaride and IRS...gotta love it. Brakes are serious. They fill the whole 19 inch rim. Tires are GRIPPY.

Engine sound. OK...this is the highlight of all highlights. Flip the toggle switch between normal and sport...and your Ferrari is ready to launch. No aftermarket necccesary.

Seat of pants...to early to tell. I am going to baby it for first 100 miles. My son got on it a couple of times and it threw me back (but not as much as my SS)...the rorar was bitchin...

Anyway...this is a no dosappointments car...iyts raining unfortunately.

M

Guest markham51

Mark Can`t wait to see I,t Steve & I are available anytime call when your finally come back to earth.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Mark - Just to protect your personal information, I edited out your phone number. Please PM it to those member you wish to have it. Putting it out in public, might get you some calls you don't actually want.

Z-man

Edited by markham51
removing personal phone number

Guest markham51

Let me know Jim and I would love to join you guys and maybe meet up for lunch

Tomorrow would be a good day. Breakfast might be better. At Coras in cambridge.561 Hespeler. Planning a trip to Muskoskas before i head back to Turks and it seems like tomorrow is going to be only nice day

Exterior. Body panels are tight. Lines are great. Paint is perfect. Wheels fit in wells properly. Looks menacing. Rear lights and exhaust are awesome.

Interior. My chassis number G0134 Love everything about interior. Looks balanced...upscale. Love the guages between the center vents Shifter is in exactly the right place. Thought I wouldn't like the alacantra...but i lovve it. Once again it differntiates the car and the soft touch it provides is very very nice feel. Havent spent much time on navigation yet but did use it. Works very well. Love the backup camera. I am a big music person and the quality of sound is excellent for a sports car. Iphone paired nicely, in a few seconds everything was here I wanted it. Seats are very very good. Just enough bolster...comfortable and lots of adjustments. heated and cooled. Great job all around. Shifer is in EXACTLY the right place. It has a collar for reverse...great idea. Engine wont start unless clutch depressed...again good idea.

Driving dynamics. LASER steering and handling. SUSPENSION handled biggest bumps with ease...magnaride and IRS...gotta love it. Brakes are serious. They fill the whole 19 inch rim. Tires are GRIPPY.

Engine sound. OK...this is the highlight of all highlights. Flip the toggle switch between normal and sport...and your Ferrari is ready to launch. No aftermarket necccesary.

Seat of pants...to early to tell. I am going to baby it for first 100 miles. My son got on it a couple of times and it threw me back (but not as much as my SS)...the rorar was bitchin...

M

GREAT write up Mark!!

But how's the placement of the shifter?

:hysterical2:

The shifters has been moved from the roof to de floor so there. Hey you want to meet for brekie tomorrow & see the G.T 350?

I was planning on meeting for breakfast but unfortunately I won't be able to make it :rant:

I was looking forward to seeing you (and the car.....lol) will have to wait until next year :gaah:

Just got back from breakfast that I will never forget, ever. Ya I would say I`am a little high still, only because just before breakfast I got to drive a 2016 G.T 350 . Ford got this one right what an awesome car .

So being a T.S member has its perks not only have I made many, many friends over the years , enjoyed their company & all the great vehicles , I was able to drive & experience this awesome car ,Thanks to a member.

THANKS Mark you are a gentleman , true friend & a great Team Shelby member . Again THANKYOU

Engine sound. OK...this is the highlight of all highlights. Flip the toggle switch between normal and sport...and your Ferrari is ready to launch. No aftermarket necccesary.s

M

Thanks for the write up. It looks like us new owners will not be disapointed @ all . Sounds like all the write ups I've been reading. Kind of like a 2013 Boss on steroids.

M

+1 to all the points you made!!! I have the track pack on mine, so definitely a difference in the Recaro seats.

Agreed the sport setting on the exhaust is amazing!

Guest markham51

Just got back from breakfast that I will never forget, ever. Ya I would say I`am a little high still, only because just before breakfast I got to drive a 2016 G.T 350 . Ford got this one right what an awesome car .

So being a T.S member has its perks not only have I made many, many friends over the years , enjoyed their company & all the great vehicles , I was able to drive & experience this awesome car ,Thanks to a member.

THANKS Mark you are a gentleman , true friend & a great Team Shelby member . Again THANKYOU

Back at ya Jim.

Great fun with you and Steve...

I can't touch Marks story, but who could :) I took delivery tuesday in the pouring rain and proceeded to drive for an hour in rush hour......Good way to get the feel of the car. Have about 200 miles on it now and am getting a good handle on it. This engine is like no other I have experienced.....It's been said for a while but you have to experience it. There is fair bit of vibration/resonating especially up above 4000rpm, clutch is VERY light but very positive, the drive modes are great, a lot of flexibility there, have tried track mode a bit on some twisty roads, car is buttoned down really well. When you turn the car turns RIGHT now. It has a very solid feel to when comparing to my GT500, The active exhaust is intoxicating and even works in normal mode to open up the valves as you throttle up. The reviewers are right, the power curve is fantastic.....Not like a blower but you put everything down in anything but first. I have wound it out near redline a few times and the SOUND !....... I'm hooked :love_shower:

Edited by bullittmansparts

I can't touch Marks story, but who could :) I took delivery tuesday in the pouring rain and proceeded to drive for an hour in rush hour......Good way to get the feel of the car. Have about 200 miles on it now and am getting a good handle on it. This engine is like no other I have experienced.....It's been said for a while but you have to experience it. There is fair bit of vibration/resonating especially up above 4000rpm, clutch is VERY light but very positive, the drive modes are great, a lot of flexibility there, have tried track mode a bit on some twisty roads, car is buttoned down really well. When you turn the car turns RIGHT now. It has a very solid feel to when comparing to my GT500, The active exhaust is intoxicating and even works in normal mode to open up the valves as you throttle up. The reviewers are right, the power curve is fantastic.....Not like a blower but you put everything down in anything but first. I have wound it out near redline a few times and the SOUND !....... I'm hooked :love_shower:

Great description ! Sure sounds fun...Enjoy !!

IS

• 1 month later...
Guest markham51

Belated congrats on the ride. Jim did call me to see if I was able to meet you guys but for the first time in a while I wasn't working in KW. My R is scheduled for build 2/08/16 with expected delivery on the 19th. I'm stoked for this xar.

Awesome. We will have to get together this Spring for a coffee. Jim and I talked about a Cruise and Golf to Muskokas as some point.. I am very interested in checking out the R. I will be back in Waterloo next week. My car is stored in the basement of my condo and you can come over and check it out if you are in the area. If weather is good you can take it for a spin. Mark

Belated congrats on the ride. Jim did call me to see if I was able to meet you guys but for the first time in a while I wasn't working in KW. My R is scheduled for build 2/08/16 with expected delivery on the 19th. I'm stoked for this xar.

Hey was going to call you to see if you got her yet. I have a nephew that has one on order, he was told the end of Dec/15.

Awesome. We will have to get together this Spring for a coffee. Jim and I talked about a Cruise and Golf to Muskokas as some point.. I am very interested in checking out the R. I will be back in Waterloo next week. My car is stored in the basement of my condo and you can come over and check it out if you are in the area. If weather is good you can take it for a spin. Mark

Today would have been a great to have her out 14C & sunny . Maybe we can all get together for lunch when your back . MERRY CHRISTMAS

Guest markham51

Today would have been a great to have her out 14C & sunny . Maybe we can all get together for lunch when your back . MERRY CHRISTMAS

Sounds like a plan. WE are back on Sunday night. Feel free to ping me next week sometime. Mark