TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new 2016 GT350 arrived at my dealer in Waterloo Ontario today!

Guest markham51

Finally. Here. I am in Turks and Caicos. Gotta fly home this weekend! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Mark

Turks and Caicos AND a new 2016 GT350......you must be doing something right!

Congratulations from you new best friend. :dreamy:

Z-man

Turks and Caicos AND a new 2016 GT350......you must be doing something right!

Congratulations from you new best friend. :dreamy:

Z-man

boy you got that right!!!! I'm at work waiting to see pictures.... :rant:

Hey Markam next time you're in Nazareth lemme know I'd like see it up close and personal..... and if you're real nice I'll let ya take me for a ride! :yahoo:

Hey Markam next time you're in Nazareth lemme know I'd like see it up close and personal..... and if you're real nice I'll let ya take me for a ride! :yahoo:

I`am hope to get a ride in it next week if he`s home that long.

Guest markham51

having a hard time getting back... due to everything I have going on here. Hoping to get back for Monday. Asked my son to get some pics. Anyone in Parkway Ford Waterloo area can drop by and see it. There is now a second car that has arrived. Not sure who bought it but looks like mine from the outside.

Once i get aan air ticket I will let you guys know and we can do some testing together...

M

Edited by markham51

having a hard time getting back... due to everything I have going on here. Hoping to get back for Monday. Asked my son to get some pics. Anyone in Parkway Ford Waterloo area can drop by and see it. There is now a second car that has arrived. Not sure who bought it but looks like mine from the outside.

Once i get aan air ticket I will let you guys know and we can do some testing together...

M

Can`t wait. Call me when you get back ,have a safe trip.

Finally. Here. I am in Turks and Caicos. Gotta fly home this weekend! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Mark

Mark,

Be sure to Register your GT350 in the Shelby American Registry. We just added the 2015-16 cars to the Registry so you might be the first 2016 GT350 owner in there.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Steve

Guest markham51

So here is the whole story....

my new 2016 GT350 Mustang has just been unloaded at Parkway Ford in Waterloo. What the hell am I doing in Turks I ask myself?

If I get to the airport on saturday afternoon.. No more direct flights until next Saturday…

Not a tough decision…bye sweetie, see you in a week. Oh yes…can you pack me some stuff?

I am off…

I get on the plane (Westjet)

I get to top of ramp, step on plane…the flight attendant asks me why I am smiling ear to ear...

In a loud enthusiastic voice I say I am real car guy…my dealer says he just pulled my new mustang off the trailer and I am flying home to drive it! Everybody starts clapping and laughing…. I am stoked! Crazy guy...leaving the worlds number one beach to drive his new car! Old guys :)

I end up in a row with a couple of nice teens who are taking a POTCAKE puppy (rescue dog) back to Ottawa. 17 year Oliver and i talk about cars the whole way back…flight touches down ..we are still talking... Limo scoots me off. For once driver knows his way.

I get to Waterloo around 8pm. I forgot my key…can’t get in...go to Bauer Kitchen restaurant nearby. Grab a Guinness. Try to figure out how to change sim card in my Iphone so i can call my Sis and let he know I am at front door. Cant figure it out. Borrow phone. Sis is home. Finish Guinness.

My sis is staying at our condo. She has supper made. awesome omelette. The second Guinness tastes REALLY good.

Wake up at 3am..i am "spooled up.."

Eventually the rest of world wakes up…Sis and I have breakfast at nearby restaurant…great. eggs…fruit..links…wheat bread…coffee (all my favs)

We head off to church…Unity Church…lots of singing…cool band…the kind of stuff my Sis and I both like. I am thinking business ...all through sermon and I think I dozed off for a minute. More singing. I leave a little more relaxed. Its a sunny beautiful sunny warm fall day.

We head to Parkway Ford, its a Sunday and Its closed but maybe I can see it the car somewhere. Not likely it is outside.

We pull up near service entrance…big overhead glass doors...and Sis sees it parked in service bay area. Doors locked. But I can see it…lucky me. Looks awesome. Cant get close…reflections in glass giving me problems taking pics.

Time to go…get in Lincoln...leave property...hold it, not so fast…lI pull over...lets check out movie times on my iPhone …we are close to movie theatre…there is a new Tom Hanks movie out. Turns out next showing is later in afternoon.....lets head out to the Irish pub for a beer…then go to Movie..

My sister has never turned down an Irish pub in her life (me neither)...

I am literally turning out of driveway beside the Ford dealership when…honk honk honk!…its the sales manager that sold me the car. His kid is having a birthday party and he needed to stop by the shop and get helium for the balloons!

So we spend next hour inside the service area bays, with the car! Starting it up. Taking pics…talking about it. Checking out everything mechanical….

Here are the pics I took http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/markdlee/library/2016%20GT350%20Shelby%20Mustang

I dont know what the moral of this story is…perhaps my first time in church in a long while had something to do with it…or perhaps I am just a lucky bastard …but today (or Tuesday) after this car is prepped I will be driving around KW (and Muskokas likely) with the biggest damn smile on my face you have ever seen…and for just a while the rest of the world and all its problems will seem distant…

Oy yah...and I am calling JIm and Steve so they can drive it too...this car is really special...see you guys soon. I will post where we meet in case there is anyone else who wants to check it out too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWRypqz5-o

Edited by markham51

I dont know what the moral of this story is…perhaps my first time in church in a long while had something to do with it…or perhaps I am just a lucky bastard …

While I have to believe going to Church had a lot to do with it.... I think you're just a lucky bastard.... enjoy the car!

Here are few photo`s of Marks G.T 350.

Edit: Sorry about the last one being upside down. :doh:

Upside Down!!!!

I thought your car had come with the extremely rare roof mounted shifter option. That would have ensured it was a 1 of 1 car. :hysterical:

Z-man