TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How do I make my heat exchanger pump stay on

From whatI understand,the pump is thermostat controlled. How can I turn it on manually. I'd like to run it when the engine is not running too. I'm trying to keep heat soak to a minimum. I did this on a blown boat motor,I had a separate pump for the inter cooler and it pulled all the heat out.

Thanks

2010 stock gt500.

From whatI understand,the pump is thermostat controlled. How can I turn it on manually. I'd like to run it when the engine is not running too. I'm trying to keep heat soak to a minimum. I did this on a blown boat motor,I had a separate pump for the inter cooler and it pulled all the heat out.

Thanks

2010 stock gt500.

depending in the brand, it should be on all the time. ours starts at operating temperature and runs at key on from that point on

The pump is controlled by the tune to power on when temperature criteria have been met and can be changed by the program. I have an '07 but connect this wire from your auxiliary wire block on the passenger side shock tower to a relayed switch or just isolate and connect the power lead from the pump to a power source and switch. I used this connection to power relays for the heat exchanger fans.

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Edited by Secondo