TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT with a SGT-H nameplate?

ShelbyKR664

I have a feeling that drive train has been down the 1/4mile track a few times. I agree, get the drag radials off. Way over priced for all the changes. Having said that, still a nice car. Still would like Steve to chime in on the SGT-H dash plate.

Looks like a 6 speed shift knob to me, what's to say the owner didn't upgrade as it stated to one, especially with all the other mods. It's definitely not out of the question

Never stated the prior owner didn't.

Saw the shift knob too. Also just saw a 9 year old walking down the street dressed like a policeman; but I have my doubts.

I’m not saying this car is a fake, nor am I saying it’s real. But here is an interesting item: There was a mention over 3 years ago about the existence of a rare white GT-H and the story behind it. Somehow there was a car released with a GT-H Dash plate but was made in to an SGT. There was some back and forth between the owner and SAI about how it should be registered. Perhaps Steve(shelbymotorsports) can shed some light on the White GT-H/SGT story.

I do not know whether this statement is true or not, but here is a cut and paste from the old thread:

bull3441, on 18 Feb 2012 - 7:44 PM, said:

the rarest SGT is on Long Island. it's the only White/Silver GT-H. the car came out of Sayville Ford. Shelby screwed up and tagged the car as a GT-H. after a long battle between the owner and Shelby, Shelby put it in the registry as 1 of 1.

If you want to read the entire thread you can go to the thread below. Note. The old thread below is not about the white G-TH specifically, It just talks about the rarest SGT's. The thread I cut and pasted above mentions it in post#39

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/68860-did-you-know-the-rarest-2007-shelby-gt-was/

Everybody has a different opinion about what a car is worth. If this car is indeed the above mentioned anomoly, and the anomoly is true, then this car is rare and may be worth the price asked to the right buyer. If the car mentioned in this thread is indeed that car I would not have modded it. If I was to buy it, I would strip the mods and sell them and put the car back to original condition because it may have collector value in the future to a GT-H fan.

edited for spelling

Edited by mhr1961

Nice find! If true, I don't know how much more this car would be worth just with an incorrect dash plate. I agree if I were to buy this car, I would remove the mods and go back to OEM. Cool story for the owner.

I also remember a thread about a ar with non matching dash & engine tags. Same kind of deal as above.

I do not know whether this statement is true or not, but here is a cut and paste from the old thread:

the rarest SGT is on Long Island. it's the only White/Silver GT-H. the car came out of Sayville Ford. Shelby screwed up and tagged the car as a GT-H. after a long battle between the owner and Shelby, Shelby put it in the registry as 1 of 1.

There were six white in color 2007 SGT's shipped to Sayville Ford. I ran all six cars thru the Registry database and none of these six cars have any mention of SAI considering it to be a one of one car.

Now this ebay car is one of the six cars shipped to Sayville Ford so perhaps this is the car that bull3441 mentioned in that other thread but because the car is wearing its correct CSM number of 07SGT5413 its always going to be considered 07SGT5413.

It appears that the plaque manufacturer mixed a GTH blank into the engraving machine when they were producing the SGT plaques so although the plaques model name is incorrect the CSM number is 100% correct and matches the cars VIN number.

Again this particular car was built as a Shelby GT, issued a SGT CSM number and will always be considered a Shelby GT. Of course it will have an asterisk that the wrong model name was engraved onto the plaque but nothing more than that. I've added that note to the Registry database this morning but we will not consider it a one of one car. If one car has this incorrect model name then the odds are there could be another car.

Just so there's no misunderstanding the CSM number is 100% correct and matches the cars VIN number.

Steve

Edited by shelbymotorsports

Steve, thanks for chiming in. My only question is how was this not caught when the car had the plates applied?

I would think that whoever installed the dash plaque concentrated on the CSM number so in my opinion it would be easy to overlook that extra letter.

Below is a photo of the incorrect plaque and a correct plaque, unless you're really looking its easy to miss that extra letter.

07SGT5413 dash plaque.jpg

07SGT3547 dash plaque.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Bravo! Well said, hope all is/are listening.

IMHO, it is just that way. As the car went through the transition to SGT, an incorrect blank found its way into the printer, thus on to the car. Could this error be expected? Indeed it could. By and large, SAI is good stuff. But, they hire humans to carry out their mission, and humans have their weaknesses. This is just another example of the human condition. Some folks belong where they are within SAI, one or two do not. No business anywhere, not even government service, can or should be immune. Life would be boring.

The asking price is fair. This SGT is no virgin. I learned a very long time ago that nothing for sale is worth more than what one is willing to pay. Given just the points visible in a handful of photos and absent an eyeball on the real car, I would entertain the asking price. However, I have my own SGT to sell and allowing this SGT to be sold for the asking price just makes me feel a tad better about what I believe my SGT is worth.

For the record, this was an entertaining thread. Thank y'all.

Y'all be safe.

Im not saying this car is a fake, nor am I saying its real. But here is an interesting item: There was a mention over 3 years ago about the existence of a rare white GT-H and the story behind it. Somehow there was a car released with a GT-H Dash plate but was made in to an SGT. There was some back and forth between the owner and SAI about how it should be registered. Perhaps Steve(shelbymotorsports) can shed some light on the White GT-H/SGT story.

If you want to read the entire thread you can go to the thread below. Note. The old thread below is not about the white G-TH specifically, It just talks about the rarest SGT's. The thread I cut and pasted above mentions it in post#39

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/68860-did-you-know-the-rarest-2007-shelby-gt-was/

Everybody has a different opinion about what a car is worth. If this car is indeed the above mentioned anomoly, and the anomoly is true, then this car is rare and may be worth the price asked to the right buyer. If the car mentioned in this thread is indeed that car I would not have modded it. If I was to buy it, I would strip the mods and sell them and put the car back to original condition because it may have collector value in the future to a GT-H fan.

Edited by Lucy

I can understand SAI agreeing with the complainant/customer, and placing the car into a "1 of 1" category just to keep the customer happy. However, in reality, it buys him nothing. Nothing more than a headache (and maybe some financial liability) at a later time.

Once the next owner takes the 1 of 1 claim at face value and pays for this "extreme rareness" only to learn at a later time that the car is only an SGT with some additional non-Shelby mods installed may cause some disappointment. True heritage is born out by the CSM number on the dash and under the hood, 07SGT5413. The Hertz cars have a different CSM number system and there is no error there.

If it were me, I would be tempted to add some "pain, suffering and disappointment" to the tab.

Y'all be safe.

Edited by Lucy

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, thanks for chiming in. My only question is how was this not caught when the car had the plates applied?

Back in those days it was CRAZY! Cars were late, people complaining, SAI was doing all they could to get the cars out to owners. My car took almost 5 months from order to lot and those with mods were looking at longer times. I'm not surprised it was missed.