TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just bought a 2013 to replace my 2007.....

UKGT500

Picked it up yesterday. I just couldn't resist the opportunity of a 2013 a friend was going to trade in on a new Corvette. First impressions? I'm scared of it so too afraid to hit the throttle. 8k miles. Grabber Blue. Track pack. I'll miss my 07 when it goes but I'll feel a lot more comfortable financially as I have stretched myself for this one-off opportunity. There aren't many GT500s of any year in the UK, let alone 2013s...My first post for a while on here but it's a good one! Regards from the UK! Malc.

22223833400_63a5f1a59c_h.jpg2s by Malc May, on Flickr

22422286451_3903b64cc5_h.jpg_A230010 by Malc May, on Flickr

22422197661_43e80086f7_h.jpg_A230017 by Malc May, on Flickr

22385417216_53e51d671d_h.jpg_A230013 by Malc May, on Flickr

Thanks guys. It was really a one-off opportunity. All the additional things I wanted to add to my 07 like TVS blower, larger wheels and brakes, LED rear lights. The 13 already has it all plus niceties like the leather Recaros.

Should cost me less to keep as I won't change anything.....

Malc

Edited by UKGT500

Congratz on the new Shelby. Looks great. Consider these easy Mods:

Red-Line No drill Hood Struts

Front Flaps

Ford Racing Resonator Delete

Airaid Non-oiled Air Filter in Blue or Red

JLT or Bob's Oil Separator, at least on the Pass. side

All are easy and Warranty friendly.. Good luck and enjoy your new BA ride

Front Flaps

Good ideas. Might swipe the oil seperators off my 07 if they fit and a BLUE air filter. That's a must!

Malc.

100% agree with the comment replacing the Goodyears. There is a specific warning in the owner's manual about temps below 60 degrees F. And there are plenty of stories of accidents that have happened on slick roads. Take a bus or train or bicycle or anything if your weather is in any way adverse.

Thanks folks. It has a new set of tyres but they are Goodyear Supercars, look like nearly slicks. TBH the crap weather is on the way so I won't be driving it much until spring. I just go down the garage to admire this amazing work of art.

Absolutely stunning looking car. Love it!

Malc

Malc,

If the clutch helper spring has not been removed, you should consider removing it ASAP. It doesn't help, it hinders.

If you decide to remove it, let us know and someone will post a link to a removal thread.

Here is a picture of the spring and it's location.

post-37352-0-83073900-1445828527_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the tips folks. It gets better. Bought my 13 on Thursday. Already had someone on my 2007. He saw it yesterday and transferred the money to me today. He'll pick it up Thursday. Got top money for my 07 and now I can pay off my 2013. Couldn't have worked out better.

Will be really sad to see my 2007 go but, hey, I have a 2013!

Malc

Drove it for the first time after bringing it home a week ago (too busy with work and weather has been wet). This is an awesome car. Only America could produce anything so monumental. The noise and presence it has on the road is incredible. Drove it mega carefully, especialy as the roads are damp, and well within speed limits. As it's stock it feels high next to my modified 2007 GT500 which itself is quite well sorted.

Feels like the 2013 takes some getting used to. An awesome car. Unusual colour for me but it suits the car so well.

Loving it!!!!!! Malc

I just spent a week near London, and I'd be afraid to drive mine there. I have thought that it would be a blast to have mine in Scotland, really terrorize the locals and all those little cars. Have fun and be careful, hopefully your out of the congestion where you can enjoy it.

Picked it up yesterday. I just couldn't resist the opportunity of a 2013 a friend was going to trade in on a new Corvette. First impressions? I'm scared of it so too afraid to hit the throttle. 8k miles. Grabber Blue. Track pack. I'll miss my 07 when it goes but I'll feel a lot more comfortable financially as I have stretched myself for this one-off opportunity. There aren't many GT500s of any year in the UK, let alone 2013s...My first post for a while on here but it's a good one! Regards from the UK! Malc.

22223833400_63a5f1a59c_h.jpg2s by Malc May, on Flickr

22422286451_3903b64cc5_h.jpg_A230010 by Malc May, on Flickr

22422197661_43e80086f7_h.jpg_A230017 by Malc May, on Flickr

Maybe it is common and I just missed it, but I don't remember seeing many Grabber Blue - Black striped 2013/14's before. I have seen many Grabber Blue - White stripe, but not black. It really Looks Good!!

Nice aggressive looking color combo, especially with dark wheels also.

R

Edited by Robert M

I just spent a week near London, and I'd be afraid to drive mine there. I have thought that it would be a blast to have mine in Scotland, really terrorize the locals and all those little cars. Have fun and be careful, hopefully your out of the congestion where you can enjoy it.

Taking it into Central London this Saturday for a Halloween cruise. Always a pig of a place to drive there. Took it on some open road today but I won't be opening it up until the warm weather comes. In some slow moving traffic I left it in the lower gears to make some noise. I can't believe it sounds like that from the factory. Truly xxxxing awesome! Gets serious attention over here: people taking photos, hanging out of their cars. When I parked up in East London earlier people came out of their houses - no I'm not joking!!! Maybe it stood out a bit (see pic!)

22395774050_c3371540e0_b.jpge7car by Malc May, on Flickr

Cool moment earlier too: the guy came to pick up my 07 and we drove together for about 30 miles on the motorway. I truly loved that car but the '13 really is an improvement in every respect.

Best part: came home and paid up the loan on the 2013 so now it's all mine. Can't think of any car that I would rather have than this.

Malc

Edited by UKGT500

Nice choice of color......Congrats and enjoy this rare Grabber Blue Hell of a Car. I definitely do.

After you have played with the car for awhile, invest a few dollars in some basic bottleneck eliminating mods as per the American Muscle stage1, stage 2, and stage 3 mods for 2013 2014 Shelby GT500's found on You tube. They are VERY cost effective. I spent no more that $4000.00 CAD and did a little more than their Stage 3 and wow, 200 or so more horses under the hood. You don't have to modify the engine itself, and you will be well over 700 RWHP. Mine is at about 750 RWHP.

After you have played with the car for awhile, invest a few dollars in some basic bottleneck eliminating mods as per the American Muscle stage1, stage 2, and stage 3 mods for 2013 2014 Shelby GT500's found on You tube. They are VERY cost effective. I spent no more that $4000.00 CAD and did a little more than their Stage 3 and wow, 200 or so more horses under the hood. You don't have to modify the engine itself, and you will be well over 700 RWHP. Mine is at about 750 RWHP.

Holy moly, how much hp can the bottom end stand? I think the 5.4 could safely take 700rwhp. Don't know if the aluminium block 5.8 is stronger?

Malc

It will take it, however, that is the top of the safe limit. Basically you're building a SuperSnake without the suspension and cooling upgrades. The supercharger is at about 18psi, the top of it's effeciency scale. A supersnake has a bigger supercharger, but they run it at a lower boost; about 9.5 psi. So the max cylinder pressure is about the same. Ill double check, but it seems to me if you look at the Supersnake values, I believe they are 747rwhp and only 611 rwft pds of torque. That stage 3 setup is 709rwhp and 727 rwftpds of torgue. That's 116 more ftpds and you don't have to spend $70,000.00 to get it. Call it the poor man's supersnake if you want, but it will kick it's ass! lol!I l live in Northern Alberta, Canada so cooling is never an issue. Even on hot days, 30 C or better, I've never had any overheating issues. I haven't actually checked my boost gauge so the total might be less given the opening of the bottlenecks.

Front Flaps

Done some of the above so far: front flaps, JLT on passenger side (my 07 was always bone dry on the driver's side) and a blue Air Raid non-oiled filter because it looks cool.....

Not getting a chance to drive it due to crap weather...

Malc

• 1 month later...