TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Flatrock Tour

I got an email from a friend of mine who works in the Flatrock Shelby Plant. I told him with any luck I would be touring the plant with the Shelby group this summer. I got an email from him today and here it is:

We had the Shelby tour today and I didn't see you. There were 3 groups

and they said there was nobody from Florida.

Maybe next time.

Now it seems we can only get 50 couples who spent $2.5 million on a car in August to see the plant-WHO were the 3 groups today! Are we not good enough to have 2 tours? Wow this is a let down to me!

You know posting late at night means that just maybe people are asleep or off the computer! Some may even have other hobbies that take up some of their spare time.

Jeeze... chill out. Let people think about it more than an hour before posting a tirade about people not caring.

:extinguish:

Shelby is located in Vegas though, not Flatrock Michigan

I know your relatively new here so I will enlighten you-they build the Shelbys in Flatrock Michigan at a Ford Motor Company assembly plant. They also build the regular Mustangs and also a few Mazdas there. That is the plant I am referring to.

You know posting late at night means that just maybe people are asleep or off the computer! Some may even have other hobbies that take up some of their spare time.

Jeeze... chill out. Let people think about it more than an hour before posting a tirade about people not caring.

:extinguish:

Thanks Dr Phil for all your help!

I got an email from a friend of mine who works in the Flatrock Shelby Plant. I told him with any luck I would be touring the plant with the Shelby group this summer. I got an email from him today and here it is:

Maybe next time.

Now it seems we can only get 50 couples who spent $2.5 million on a car in August to see the plant-WHO were the 3 groups today! Are we not good enough to have 2 tours? Wow this is a let down to me!

There are other clubs that have negotiated tours with Ford. I'm sure Ford is trying to "spread the love".

AD

Yes, you are probably right. Who am I to think we would be the only organization to ever be able to tour the plant. I am going to look into the possibility of getting a tour through the plant around the same time as the Dearborn event and that way a few more people might be able to go. Did not mean to come on so strong last night but disapointment does not come easy to me!

Maybe next time.

mark ... still seriously thinking about your job offer :yahoo:

Regarding your statement above. Ford Motor Co had a meeting with alot of the dealer principals this past week and I put two and two together .. ( imagine being able to add to !! ). I know our dealer went and sent me the attached pict he took of the KR. Also it would have been logical to have these dealers flown/driven around to the Flat rock plant. Thats probably the tour your refering too.

I too agree that if somehow Sharon and Robert could create a second tour, I have no doubt that you and many others would be grateful. I personally would love to go but with change of management here no can do !

post-7556-1182022737_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1182022737_thumb.jpg

mark ... still seriously thinking about your job offer :yahoo:

Regarding your statement above. Ford Motor Co had a meeting with alot of the dealer principals this past week and I put two and two together .. ( imagine being able to add to !! ). I know our dealer went and sent me the attached pict he took of the KR. Also it would have been logical to have these dealers flown/driven around to the Flat rock plant. Thats probably the tour your refering too.

I too agree that if somehow Sharon and Robert could create a second tour, I have no doubt that you and many others would be grateful. I personally would love to go but with change of management here no can do !

You would think my friend who works in the fit and finish department would recognize 3 groups of car dealers verses 3 groups of Shelby nuts, but who knows. I am going to call him and see if he knows the procedure for a tour request on Monday. I think this topic is a :beatdeadhorse: with Sharon as I have bugged her enough. She said she couldn't get anywhere with those people so I am going to leave it at that. She has enough to worry about. Just got finished washing and waxing the Shelby and getting ready to drive her across the country Tuesday. I bought a laptop mount which I am going to use for my DVD player and laptop. http://www.mobilelaptopmount.com/

I went on the tour before the Shelby build started. The workers there all thought we were from other plants looking to take jobs from the assembly line workers. Once we told them we were an enthusiast group, they were much relieved.

If another tour happens, I would jump at the chance to go while they are building GT500s.

I went on the tour before the Shelby build started. The workers there all thought we were from other plants looking to take jobs from the assembly line workers. Once we told them we were an enthusiast group, they were much relieved.

If another tour happens, I would jump at the chance to go while they are building GT500s.

There was a tour thru the plant from another site------ford Gt 500.

They were touring the assembly plant and also the engine plant.

One of the moderators of the site arranged it.

I know i think ORF and Rpretzel are attending it.

i dont know if anyone else from this site are there too.

Lucky dogs!!!

I hope they let us know how it was!!!!!!

Judy

that makes sense ... ya dealers and enthusiasts do look and act differently ... sorry boss .. not slamming ya !

:)

There was a tour thru the plant from another site------ford Gt 500.

They were touring the assembly plant and also the engine plant.

One of the moderators of the site arranged it.

i dont know if anyone else from this site are there too.

Lucky dogs!!!

I hope they let us know how it was!!!!!!

Judy

I went with Brad from TMS in Jan. of 2006 when he was there for the press introduction of the GT500. That is when I got the autographed pic of the car that I use as my avatar.

It was really cool. An experience I will never forget. I'd just like to go when GT500s are going down the line. My GT500 would be even cooler.

If any of you get a chance to do it, don't let it slip by.

Yes. I was there. I got to meet Rick, too.

This was a group of 16 owners, most of which had a guest. The main group was broken into sub groups of about 10 people each.

The tour was a good time. Lots to see, especially if you've never been through a vehicle production facility before.

After the tour of AAI, we drove up to Romeo to tour the engine plant. This was the first time most of the engine builders had seen a GT500 up close. I got to meet my engine builders, which was special.

I won't go into too much detail, so as not to ruin anything for those going in August. Let's just say it was worth the drive (300+ miles to Romeo, each way, for me).

Yes. I was there. I got to meet Rick, too.

This was a group of 16 owners, most of which had a guest. The main group was broken into sub groups of about 10 people each.

The tour was a good time. Lots to see, especially if you've never been through a vehicle production facility before.

After the tour of AAI, we drove up to Romeo to tour the engine plant. This was the first time most of the engine builders had seen a GT500 up close. I got to meet my engine builders, which was special.

I won't go into too much detail, so as not to ruin anything for those going in August. Let's just say it was worth the drive (300+ miles to Romeo, each way, for me).

Some of us missed the registration limit of 50 and would like to take a tour of those plants. Do you know how or who we should contact to take a tour and get it organized? I would like to do it as close to the other groups tour so we can go to the picnic. Thanks Orf!

Some of us missed the registration limit of 50 and would like to take a tour of those plants. Do you know how or who we should contact to take a tour and get it organized? I would like to do it as close to the other groups tour so we can go to the picnic. Thanks Orf!

I'd be interested in going if another group is formed.

Thanks Dr Phil for all your help!

What's the matter? It's ok for you to bitch at people for not responding to you late at night, but not ok for someone to point out how rude you're acting?

Boo hoo, cry me a river... :violin:

What's the matter? It's ok for you to bitch at people for not responding to you late at night, but not ok for someone to point out how rude you're acting?

Boo hoo, cry me a river... :violin:

You know what Joe, I did not get the message from anyone in this forum that gave you the right to point out any weaknesses I have, or for that matter anyone. Now grow up. If you don't like my post then send the admins a PM but don't come on here and try and embarrass me. Enough said and I will ignore your rude comment about crying you a river! I have enjoyed your knowledgable posts in the past, and lets not ruin it. Later.....

Mark

mark

Well said ... considering how Joe slammed you, I truly think you held back where you could have lashed back at him and rightfully so.

This forum is about posting interesting articles and creating a comradeship amongst our fellow posters.

I didn't see the post about you being upset when no one responded to you .. the one that "Joe" referred too.

Maybe its been deleted who knows.

But Joe .. I will tell u this .. mark is a straight up shooter who I have had the pleasure to meet several times in person. He is very disappointed about the way the 50 cut for the tour thats forthcoming and has already been filled. I guess as you stated if he had lived on this forum I guess he would have been one of the lukcy fifty. Both he and his wife and another die hard shelbygt500 were really looking forward to the drive up and the tour with the other Shelby owners.

Bottom line, Mark might have been a tad bit unnerved and miffed but I I dont see where he called u out for a gun fight personally.

Just understand that we are all human and we all err at times. Both you, me and everyone else. If I ever slam someone its usually done by pms for I don't care to drag my personal vendettas public

:beerchug:

man .. i feel the love oozzzing already :happy feet:

Now thats what I am talking about !!!! :yahoo:

this is my kinda thread ..... lmao !

Everyone loves everyone....awwww :wub::grouphug::wub:

Wait for me, me too... me too..... :grouphug:

I was lucky enough to buy a pair of tour tickets for Dearborn for August, but I see on the New England Mustang web site they are planning a trip in October for a assembly plant tour. Now I don't know any further info, but maybe some of you might be able to be included in their tour if they have openings available. Give them an email. They are a great group of Mustang enthusiasts well organized and managed as a club.

Archived