TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just when you thought you heard everything.................

shelbymotorsports

A potential 2007 SGT buyer contacted SAI this morning wanting to verify the authenticity of the car they were looking at. Nothing unusual about that as I probably average over a dozen of these type of inquiries each week. What was unusual was the potential buyers followup question.

This potential SGT buyer was told by a SGT seller that they needed to purchase his SGT because it was one of the first 1500 cars built and because SAI used cheaper / inferior parts on Shelby GT's built after CSM number 1500 his car was more desirable than the other SGT's currently up for sale. So this SGT buyer was asking what range of CSM numbers they should avoid in their search for a SGT.

So just when I thought I've heard every fairy tale out there along comes a seller who can't brag that he has a low CSM number, can't brag that he has a high CSM number so he fabricates a story to make his SGT sound better than other SGT's for sale.

Makes you wonder what other tall tales this seller is putting out there.

Steve

It's funny how things get contorted. While that's not true at all, I do believe the later FRPP handling kits did not lower the car quite as much. That's the only thing I remember.

I do not recall any differences between the FRPP handling kit form the start of the 2007 run to the end of the 2008 run.

Now if you are talking about a difference between a 2007 SGT coupe and a 2008 SGT convertible yes there was a difference between the coupes and convertibles but no difference between the first and last convertible or the first and last coupe.

Steve

This may be a common tale. I noticed a couple weeks ago on this very forum that someone was commenting on a SGT for sale that "too bad it's CSM is above 1500" at the time I was wondering what the heck they meant, but now it makes "sense"

Or not!

• 2 weeks later...

Welllllll.......the reason I bought a GT 500 instead of a SGT was because the salesman said the SGT was just a "conversion package" and really added no value to the car, the modifications were "aftermarket stuff" that any "tuner" could tack on and the GT 500 was all Ford and covered under the Ford warranty, the SGT was not......

Then a real salesman came out (and I think really, really wanted to slap the other guy) and gave a walk-around on both cars worthy of a Shelby Award of Merit! I still bought the GT 500......but I wonder how many people bought that line of crap!

A potential 2007 SGT buyer contacted SAI this morning wanting to verify the authenticity of the car they were looking at. Nothing unusual about that as I probably average over a dozen of these type of inquiries each week. What was unusual was the potential buyers followup question.

This potential SGT buyer was told by a SGT seller that they needed to purchase his SGT because it was one of the first 1500 cars built and because SAI used cheaper / inferior parts on Shelby GT's built after CSM number 1500 his car was more desirable than the other SGT's currently up for sale. So this SGT buyer was asking what range of CSM numbers they should avoid in their search for a SGT.

So just when I thought I've heard every fairy tale out there along comes a seller who can't brag that he has a low CSM number, can't brag that he has a high CSM number so he fabricates a story to make his SGT sound better than other SGT's for sale.

Makes you wonder what other tall tales this seller is putting out there.

Steve

Hey Steve ....what's yah thinkin now about the performance numbers of the Shelby GT350R ? 2016 R&T Performance car of the year.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/

Hey Steve ....what's yah thinkin now about the performance numbers of the Shelby GT350R ? 2016 R&T Performance car of the year.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/

They are awesome just like they should be. You seem to think that I have some negativity to the new GT350 which is absolutely untrue. The only negativity I've ever had was directed at the false stories being told to owners on why the GT350's were not being shipped. Now that the cars are being shipped it will be up to the owners, if they so desire, to followup on why they were misled.

Steve

They are awesome just like they should be. You seem to think that I have some negativity to the new GT350 which is absolutely untrue. The only negativity I've ever had was directed at the false stories being told to owners on why the GT350's were not being shipped. Now that the cars are being shipped it will be up to the owners, if they so desire, to followup on why they were misled.

Steve

Ok ... If that was your main point then ok. I will send you my vin when I get her. Friends

Ok ... If that was your main point then ok. I will send you my vin when I get her. Friends

Friends buy each other a beer or two so I guess I owe you a beer :)

I'm all about Carroll's legacy and the new GT350 will only help to keep that alive. Ford will be able to produce/sell more GT350's than SAI ever could which means more exposure for the Shelby brand. And more exposure for the Shelby brand means more exposure for SAI/SPP so in my opinion the new GT350 is a win - win for everyone.

And of course we here at SAI absolutely want you and other owners to Register your GT350 in the Shelby American Registry. You never know when SAI may want to announce something just to GT350 owners ;)

Steve

Archived