TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Premium Options on Super Snake

I, like many others would like to have the choice to pay an upcharge for options that seem to have been dropped due to cost. Here is my short list:

Carbon Fiber Hood $? upcharge

295 Rear tires in lieu of 275 (car came with 285) $? upcharge

Rear Brake upgrade $? upcharge

Etc., Etc.

Would anyone else be willing to pay more instead of going to items like a fiberglass hood to get package price down? After all many of you out there complained Ford shoould have offered options at a premium for some of the items that they deleted (like the rear brakes) on the show car.

Any Comments???? Which items would you like to see?

I, like many others would like to have the choice to pay an upcharge for options that seem to have been dropped due to cost. Here is my short list:

Carbon Fiber Hood $? upcharge

295 Rear tires in lieu of 275 (car came with 285) $? upcharge

Rear Brake upgrade $? upcharge

Etc., Etc.

Would anyone else be willing to pay more instead of going to items like a fiberglass hood to get package price down? After all many of you out there complained Ford shoould have offered options at a premium for some of the items that they deleted (like the rear brakes) on the show car.

Any Comments???? Which items would you like to see?

There are a few things I would like to add as well. There will some items that will be available through SAI and others that will have to be aftermarket.

I doubt there will be any chance at a CF hood from SAI. Aftermarket. The tires will need to be self installed. I was told that for some reason SAI didn't want to lower than a 35% aspect ratio. Ditto for the rear brakes although I really don't see a need for a change beyond the 14" two piece rotor upgrade in the SS package.

I would like to see a CF driveshaft. I'm not sure if the the suspension mods will cure the rear wheel hop issue. If not, at a minimum new LCAs are in order.

I agree. Roush offers carbon fiber hood and fenders ($4800-fenders/$3500-hood), why can't SAI? I think SAI has simply done an awesome job on this car, but the carbon fiber would take care of the 3800lb problem. If I was on the development board I would've argued at least make it an option. I would assume SAI tested tire width and used the widest possible tread without having the tire rub during cornering, those Pirellis are about $350 apiece. The Alcoa wheels aside from being phenomenal looking have the center off set to the outside to accommodate more width thus is why they needed to be forged to handle stress on the outside rim. With 70% of the brake load on the front..not sure if beefing up the rears would benefit much. Good point on options.

I agree. Roush offers carbon fiber hood and fenders ($4800-fenders/$3500-hood), why can't SAI? I think SAI has simply done an awesome job on this car, but the carbon fiber would take care of the 3800lb problem. If I was on the development board I would've argued at least make it an option. I would assume SAI tested tire width and used the widest possible tread without having the tire rub during cornering, those Pirellis are about $350 apiece. The Alcoa wheels aside from being phenomenal looking have the center off set to the outside to accommodate more width thus is why they needed to be forged to handle stress on the outside rim. With 70% of the brake load on the front..not sure if beefing up the rears would benefit much. Good point on options.

I believe SAI is in this for the long run. Premium options should not only be offered for the Super Snake but should be part of an ever-growing catalog. Sanctioned Shelby parts with some specialty Super Snake or 40th add-ons that can only be sold to serial numbered SAI cars would be awesome and keep us all involved. I built up old Mustangs and Shelby's my whole life and one thing I always learned...new and improved tech always around the corner. Upgrades with some specialty parts like the carbon hood would make this an ongoing hobby (obsession?).

I believe SAI is in this for the long run. Premium options should not only be offered for the Super Snake but should be part of an ever-growing catalog. Sanctioned Shelby parts with some specialty Super Snake or 40th add-ons that can only be sold to serial numbered SAI cars would be awesome and keep us all involved. I built up old Mustangs and Shelby's my whole life and one thing I always learned...new and improved tech always around the corner. Upgrades with some specialty parts like the carbon hood would make this an ongoing hobby (obsession?).

Great idea restricting purchase of certain items to registered Super Snakes only. I've thought of other things I'd like to add, like a functional rear wing spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...
While were at it, lets add a real roll bar to the interior like the old Shelby's :banvictory:

I'd definitely be interested in a real roll bar especially on the Verts. I'd like an option for painted stripes as well... I'm dreading having to clean wax from the seams between the decals and paint. I don't know much about paint & body work. Does anyone know if they can or will apply clear coat over the decals? I'm afraid the decals will not age the same as the paint job.

Archived