TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did the final Signature Super Snake get built?

Just checking because I'm curious as to the build breakdown. I'm assuming most will be 2013-14 cars given the timing.

No it has not. We are still waiting for the owner to send us their GT500.

Once SAI receives this GT500 and the SSSE conversion is completed, the Shelby American Registry will post build numbers on Team Shelby.

Steve

No it has not. We are still waiting for the owner to send us their GT500.

Once SAI receives this GT500 and the SSSE conversion is completed, the Shelby American Registry will post build numbers on Team Shelby.

Steve

Steve,

If the guy or gal just eats his/her deposit then will we ever see the numbers?

• 4 weeks later...

Steve,

If the guy or gal just eats his/her deposit then will we ever see the numbers?

Yes the build numbers will be released if the customer forfeits their deposit but until our sales director and the customer reach that point there is nothing to be done except wait for their car to arrive.

Steve

Yes the build numbers will be released if the customer forfeits their deposit but until our sales director and the customer reach that point there is nothing to be done except wait for their car to arrive.

Steve

So is there a finite time generally or could we still be waiting 5 years from now?

That's a call to be made by our sales director. I'm not in contact with the customer so I wouldn't know why they have not sent their car in.

Steve

Okay, no sweat. I'd love to see what the series looks like but I can wait a while longer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just want to update everyone that movement is being made on getting the last customer car on its way here to Shelby American so that it can be built into a SSSE.

Once built production/build numbers will be released.

Steve

Great news! Looking forward to seeing the build numbers.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just my monthly bump for an update. It's been a year and a half since the special edition was offered and sold. Will this be indefinite because I'd love to hear about all the builds?

Thanks and I appreciate the info.

Just my monthly bump for an update. It's been a year and a half since the special edition was offered and sold. Will this be indefinite because I'd love to hear about all the builds?

Thanks and I appreciate the info.

I would love to get the numbers also.

The last two SSSE cars to be built are now here at Shelby American. I would like to reiterate that they delay in build numbers being released is due to the owners not immediately sending their cars to SAI so although I understand your desire for build numbers there's not too much the Registry can do in situations like this other than too wait just like you.

At least we now know build numbers will be crunched and released this year.

Steve

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I look forward to the build breakout in the next couple months.

Hey Steve, are all the SSSEs automatically entered in the registry? Or do us owners need to do it?

Edited by OaktownACE

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I look forward to the build breakout in the next couple months.

Hey Steve, are all the SSSEs automatically entered in the registry? Or do us owners need to do it?

Yes all SAI builds are entered into the Registry but I wouldn't use the word "automatically" as entering the cars into the Registry is a manual process as each car/owner is different in some way.

Steve,

So when or how do you find out any quantities of 2014 Hole Shot Pkg.SS are built at this point? And what numbers of 2014 SS are SAI currently at? If 500 are never built can we get the build to date numbers at ? time.

Might as well ask...

Thanks,

Bill 14SS0125

Bill,

Build numbers are not crunched until either a program closes or the final car is built. We do not issue "as of today" build numbers as we have found that owners/sellers always forget to leave out the key words of "as of today" when they have a car sign board made or when writing a for sale ad.

All we can say for now is that the 2014 SS program is capped at a maximum build of 500 cars.

Steve

• 1 month later...

The last two SSSE cars to be built are now here at Shelby American. I would like to reiterate that they delay in build numbers being released is due to the owners not immediately sending their cars to SAI so although I understand your desire for build numbers there's not too much the Registry can do in situations like this other than too wait just like you.

At least we now know build numbers will be crunched and released this year.

Steve

We are getting closer. Just one SSSE build left with a guesstimated delivery towards the end of November. Once delivered the final build audit can take place and official build numbers released.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread that the last SSSE is in the process of being completed. Scheduled completion date is still set for the end on November which means final audited build numbers should be released in December.

Below is a photo of the final SSSE on the lift right now.

Steve

IMG_2240a.jpg

Just wanted to update this thread that the last SSSE is in the process of being completed. Scheduled completion date is still set for the end on November which means final audited build numbers should be released in December.

Below is a photo of the final SSSE on the lift right now.

Steve

From what I have herd, that thing is going to be a friggin monster of a snake!

I'm curious how many got KB superchargers.....everyone I have seen has the Whipple.

Thanks Steve!

Edited by Jimmy Sak