TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's the GT350 production #'s & what would u do?

Can someone shed light on how many 350's they are building in 16? Are we headed for another 2007 GT500 "LIMITED" edition and make 10,000 each year? I have owned 18 Mustangs since the foxes. 8 being Shelby's & Cobra's. The one I should of kept is my signed Vista GT500KR, I regret that!. I didn't like the new style of the Mustang so I purchased a Hellcat. It only has 100 miles on it. But I am digging this 350! Reason why is it looks different from anything else. My HC looks like any other Challenger on the road. I paid MSRP for my HC and will not pay ADM for a 350 if they are going to be mass produced. SRT said they will build as many HC's as needed and also said they are doubling the production for 16 from 15 so we are looking at 16,000+ HC's in 16 alone. Can anyone tell me if Ford has announced what their plan is?. I've been out of the loop since my HC hunt so any info will be helpful. Thanks!

On another question what would you do Keep the HC or go for the 350?

Production numbers are discussed in the other GT350 topic. To summarize, Ford has stated that for the GT350 they will build numbers similar to that of the GT500. That is based on their models that say that is how many will be sold, not to limit production to that number but will fulfill dealer orders. I saw in one press statement that translated to somewhere around 4000 units for 2016. But if they could sell 4500 they will. For the GT350R they stated they would produce in quantities similar to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. We already know that the GT350R were allocated to dealers based on a lottery so they are demanding premiums.

Ford is not trying to make out, like the early days of the GT500, that it will be a "collector's car". Don't buy a GT350 expecting to fund your retirement program in 10 years.

As far as buying one to replace a hellcat, it would be one of personal preference. But recognize they are built for different markets. The HC is more like the GT500 - lots of horsepower for the straight line, whereas the GT350 is designed for a road track.

Edited by twobjshelbys

The 350 will be a lot like the boss cars . Production will probably very close to the boss cars . Picture the boss with an independent rear and a 8250 rev limit. 444 hp vs 525 hp . This will be the best handling mustang Ford has ever built. If you have been a boss fan then this car will be right for you. Daily driver that can go to the track and back home again. Win on Sunday and sell on Monday just like the boss cars.

Multimatic race team should have a great 2016 season and it's great to see a Shelby @ the race track . The boss 302S and the 302R had a very good winning record. Now it's On to the Shelby 350R-C .

When you think about it that's where the 65 GT 350R started with the help from the Shelby race team. It's come full circle.

Edited by mach 1 1970