TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby Magazine

rexrowsell

Has there been any word on when we can expect the 2015 Shelby Magazine to be on the racks? Up here in Canada they go so very quickly that we have to get them within the first couple of days of issue. I know last years copy was delayed because of the desire to include the GT350 information.

Has there been any word on when we can expect the 2015 Shelby Magazine to be on the racks? Up here in Canada they go so very quickly that we have to get them within the first couple of days of issue. I know last years copy was delayed because of the desire to include the GT350 information.

As far as I know its back to its normal release date. Here in the states we usually see it hit some store shelf's the last week of October which is a few days before its official release date of November 1st.

Steve

+1 ... I used to buy it at Chapters but for the last two years no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Just spoke with our PR & Marketing office and unfortunately there will not be a Shelby Annual this year. Unable to go into the details but SAI is going in a different direction on how we publish material that previously was contained in the Shelby Annual.

SAI & TS needs to change with the times so while its sad to see the SIP go away I'm confident that the new direction we're heading will be exciting.

Steve

SAI & TS needs to change with the times so while its sad to see the SIP go away I'm confident that the new direction we're heading will be exciting.

Steve

Times they are a changin. Playboy is changing their look (pun intended) too.

It's funny because I just found my last year's issue. I picked it up late and it's been sitting in the magazine rack that I'm slowly catching up on since last spring.

Edited by twobjshelbys

UPDATE:

Just spoke with our PR & Marketing office and unfortunately there will not be a Shelby Annual this year. Unable to go into the details but SAI is going in a different direction on how we publish material that previously was contained in the Shelby Annual.

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve as I have been checking our local Wal Mart the last couple of weeks just in case. I guess these are now part of SA history.

Thanks for the info Steve as I have been checking our local Wal Mart the last couple of weeks just in case. I guess these are now part of SA history.

To hopefully soon be replaced with some new history!

Wait a minute.....I think I was channeling Yogi Berra (RIP) for a moment there.

Rest assured there are plans in the works for a something similar, but more specific to Team Shelby.

Z-man

No TS news letter or annual SA magazine...it will be so lonely for us that enjoy reading about all the cars, staff members, TS members, events and seeing lots of photos of all of these. Hopefully, these will all be included digitally on the SA web site or on this one in the future.

Bingo......I figure the data formerly available in the Shelby Annual will be uploaded to the new TS website in a members only section in an effort to inspire folks to buy a membership......

this way its exclusive to membership and cannot be had by every Tom Dick and Harry stopping by Walmart......

Bingo......I figure the data formerly available in the Shelby Annual will be uploaded to the new TS website in a members only section in an effort to inspire folks to buy a membership......

this way its exclusive to membership and cannot be had by every Tom Dick and Harry stopping by Walmart......

I just hope the TS kits include a hard copy of the annual as well.

Oh, come on, the Shelby Annual being on news stands was not a bad thing and I am sure there are many Shelby enthusiasts beside those who visit here that do not want to be a member but purchased the annual. That said, new times and marketing. :)

• 2 months later...

Oh, come on, the Shelby Annual being on news stands was not a bad thing and I am sure there are many Shelby enthusiasts beside those who visit here that do not want to be a member but purchased the annual. That said, new times and marketing. :)

I picked up a copy of the very first one at a news stand in the Houston Hobby airport, on the way to see my son get his wings (Coast Guard). I drooled all over it for the next few months (wishin' and hopin' and prayin'--as the song goes). I had had my head stuck in the sand of running my own business that I didn't even realize Shelby Mustangs were back on the market. A little less than a year later, I bought my dream car. I still have that initial issue (with drool marks) as it inspired me to hold out for a Shelby.

I hate to see the magazine go away. I've got 2 copies of every issue since the initial one......one to read, one to keep.