TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NOTICE: This entire topic will NOT be moved October 1, 2015

Guys, after much consideration and based upon more recent decisions and changes such as these at Team Shelby I have decided to check out other online venues. You will find me either at the Mustang Club of America or the other major Shelby club & forum (which is more east coast event oriented). I'm will be under the same screen name there. Had fun here during the past 8 years but more and more that's been dwindling so I feel that its time to see what's on the other side. Hopefully things will indeed improve as the TS management intends.

All the best Bob....very sad indeed.

Guest markham51

Anyone who follows car forums gets used to parsing threads so you dont waste a ton of time on things that dont interest you. I don't need anyone to do that for me. Perhaps there should be a feature in the software that allows you to "ignore" a thread you don't want to follow...maybe it already exists.

SA is not the kind of site I go to every day to follow today's news on the latest SA innovation or product announcement...they are way too infrequent. And I don't follow the threads that involve a few guys who like to chat about their day but.....

I do visit this site several times each day to see "what the guys are doing"...like dropping in at the office coffee room before work starts to find out whatsup. I think these are SAs most important customers...the "regulars". If I was SA i wouldn't want to be messing with these guys regardless of your intent....these guys do more to advance your brand than anyone else. My son drives Shelbys all day long not because he sees his friends doing it...its because his Dad tossed him the keys...

Edited by markham51

Carroll Shelby founded this club to help build the Shelby enthusiast community. Everything we do, from our track days and annual Las Vegas Bash to the local events is created to fulfill Carroll’s wish.

We have been working on a plan to refresh the Team Shelby website, including offering unique content, revamped forums and ways to integrate social media. In our excitement to push Team Shelby forward with these new features and benefits, we planned to move a section of the website to the member’s only area, in addition to archiving some old content. The intent was to make the club better for members, not to upset the community. So we are going to tap the brakes until the new website is launched.

We had a long discussion about it that included regional and state directors, as well as both club members and those using the site for free. The final vote among the leadership was to be responsive to the entire Shelby community.

As we move forward with a positive spirit, we ask that you do the same. None of the Team Shelby forums are meant to be a place for personal attacks, mean-spirited arguments or riffs. And everyone can understand that we won’t allow competitive companies or clubs to use this platform to poach. This is a corporate site, but we also realize it’s a community site, and respect those who enjoy the comradery and friendships formed here over the years. Rich S has been tirelessly supporting Team Shelby since it was formed and will continue to find ways to improve the website experience. We will also continue to bring added value and support the community and all it deserves to be. Please, just act like you are in Carroll’s living room before you post anything!

Passion drives all of us to participate, but sometimes that means pausing or changing gears. We appreciate your feedback and most of all we look forward to bringing new benefits to Team Shelby.

Sincerely,

Tracey

Tracy, I have no issues. Change is constant and a fact of life. I am proud to be a member, even if I don't own a Shelby. I am doing my part for Mr. Shelby by being an enthusiast and a member. Live on Carroll Shelby!

Edited by Denstang65

Carroll Shelby founded this club to help build the Shelby enthusiast community. Everything we do, from our track days and annual Las Vegas Bash to the local events is created to fulfill Carroll’s wish.

We have been working on a plan to refresh the Team Shelby website, including offering unique content, revamped forums and ways to integrate social media. In our excitement to push Team Shelby forward with these new features and benefits, we planned to move a section of the website to the member’s only area, in addition to archiving some old content. The intent was to make the club better for members, not to upset the community. So we are going to tap the brakes until the new website is launched.

We had a long discussion about it that included regional and state directors, as well as both club members and those using the site for free. The final vote among the leadership was to be responsive to the entire Shelby community.

As we move forward with a positive spirit, we ask that you do the same. None of the Team Shelby forums are meant to be a place for personal attacks, mean-spirited arguments or riffs. And everyone can understand that we won’t allow competitive companies or clubs to use this platform to poach. This is a corporate site, but we also realize it’s a community site, and respect those who enjoy the comradery and friendships formed here over the years. Rich S has been tirelessly supporting Team Shelby since it was formed and will continue to find ways to improve the website experience. We will also continue to bring added value and support the community and all it deserves to be. Please, just act like you are in Carroll’s living room before you post anything!

Passion drives all of us to participate, but sometimes that means pausing or changing gears. We appreciate your feedback and most of all we look forward to bringing new benefits to Team Shelby.

Sincerely,

Tracey

Thank you.

Shelby cars are the common dominator and vehicle that brings us together, however it is about the "the comradery and friendships formed here over the years" that really has value and should never be over looked. I think this is the most important quote and statement made IMO! I personally have made some great friends through TS and cherish them. Thanks for the update and look forward to the new benefits of TS in the future.

Edited by H0050

I had the pleasure of corresponding with Tracey just yesterday. It was my first interaction with her, and her concern and commitment to Team Shelby was clearly evident. She understands this is not 'just' a forum, its a family.....a family she cares about.

I think know that Tracey will impress and surprise you as Team Shelby continues to grow, change, and move forward.

Z-man

I was in on the conversation with Tracey and others from SAI and our state and regional directors. They (Tracey and SAI), had a true concern over all the unhappiness about moving things around. They asked for our input on how best to satisfy the concerns of our members and we all came to the agreement which Tracey posted. She was very excited about the new website and what it will offer our existing members and also new members. As state directory for Kentucky, I was pleased that they were concererned enough about you guys and gals that Tracey called for a conference call to address your concerns. It's nice to know that they really do care about us to not just go ahead and make a corporate decision without input from the directors, that's why we are here and in place.

I'll just add that sometimes a business makes a decision based on information not privy to all, then those that don't have all the facts are left scratching their heads as to the whys. There was no fun police at work here, and it killed me to not comment until this was resolved, but the initial decision was made in an effort to work better with the new format that's coming eventually. As SA goes global, we must be ready to go global here as well, which means there will be a lot of new names and opportunities to make friends and on and on. I think the lesson here for everyone is this- Tracey, Rich, Steve and all the other contributing management here care about YOUR opinions, and your constructive input. Going straight to attack mode won't gain any traction in any situation, but I think if you guys and gals here disagree with a decision or direction of the forum, hit up Tracey, Rich, Steve- or heck- any director, and if nothing else, we will run it up the flagpole, and if we can, we will either try to make it right or get an answer that makes sense. Do remember though that as a company forum, sometimes there will be changes that won't be discussed or reversed simply because they can't share everything happening behind the curtain. Either way, asking a question respectfully and with tact will usually get some sort of response, even if it's to say they can't comment. It's always worked for me. (Sorry I'm so late to the party- just got back from Terlingua!)

I'll just add that sometimes a business makes a decision based on information not privy to all, then those that don't have all the facts are left scratching their heads as to the whys. There was no fun police at work here, and it killed me to not comment until this was resolved, but the initial decision was made in an effort to work better with the new format that's coming eventually. As SA goes global, we must be ready to go global here as well, which means there will be a lot of new names and opportunities to make friends and on and on. I think the lesson here for everyone is this- Tracey, Rich, Steve and all the other contributing management here care about YOUR opinions, and your constructive input. Going straight to attack mode won't gain any traction in any situation, but I think if you guys and gals here disagree with a decision or direction of the forum, hit up Tracey, Rich, Steve- or heck- any director, and if nothing else, we will run it up the flagpole, and if we can, we will either try to make it right or get an answer that makes sense. Do remember though that as a company forum, sometimes there will be changes that won't be discussed or reversed simply because they can't share everything happening behind the curtain. Either way, asking a question respectfully and with tact will usually get some sort of response, even if it's to say they can't comment. It's always worked for me. (Sorry I'm so late to the party- just got back from Terlingua!)

Also, some People/Businesses will make a "Knee-Jerk" decision based on one instance without knowing the whole story.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad that SAI is committed to growing and advancing the brand. If anyone can SAI can comment what will be the focus on the local loyalists. I trust that SAI has a plan and won't cut off their hand to save their finger with a global focus. I just wonder with the difficulty of protecting the name and owners from fakes and frauds stateside with laws, how much more complicated will this be abroad if there are international mod shops in countries that are less scrupulous when it comes to policies, laws and trademarks.

I also wonder if there has been any thought to coming up with unique monikers for the 6 and 4 cylinder Shelby mustangs as to add to the overall stable rather then running the risk of watering down the Shelby GT name plate. It seems to me this would benefit all. There could be a SGT a Shelby x And a Shelby y each with their own place in the Shelby collection and CSM sequence. I would think for instance from a selling and buying aspect owning a t.t. 4 cylinder Shelby x that was say 1 of 150 would add more then say having a t.t. 4 cylinder SGT that (especially given the cost) may be less desirable given it could be viewed as an "inferior" SGT to some likewise some (like my self) would be far less likely to buy a v8 SGT that shared a name with a 4 cylinder car. I however have bought a Shelby charger ,despite having no interest in the era's dodges, purely due to its being different. I have also considered buying a Shelby focus in recent history due to its place and individuality, had it been a focus based SGT I never would have considered it. I would consider given the funds getting both a t.t. 4 banger and v8 SGT/sc if they were two different cars. I imagine had a Terlingua been a v6 SGT they probably would have not been cared for not had the cult following they have. I could be wrong l, just my 2 cents.