TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I sell?

a1machinista1

I have the original black wheels from our 07 sgt. They are in fantastic shape with no curb rash. I ran into a 2012 gt500 owner who upgraded his supercharger at 15k miles and will sell me his stock unit with everything I need EXCEPT the intake for $1000.. I'm not really a pack rat and I really like the tire wheel combo we are running now.. so I was thinking of selling the stock wheels to help finance...or are the stock wheels worth holding onto for some reason? thoughts? And what realistically could I get for the wheels?

That's issue. I'm gonna drive this mustang so it's going to devalue regardless. I'm trying to decide what value having the wheels at the time of selling ( if I ever do) will be. I'm thinking supercharger over wheels??? Just looking for a little feedback. Ultimately my wife will tell me what I'm doing. :)

A company called Department of Boost does it (DOB), check out their site for more info. I'd paste the link, but not sure if it's allowed and it might get deleted by the admins. So just search it. Personally I wouldn't do it, but it looks like an option for those that can get the parts at a good cost, and don't want to go with the normal whipple / Kenne Bell / Paxton.

Oh yeah, if you need the funds I would sell the wheels, obviously if your gonna SC the car like that odds are that you're not gonna take it all off if you sold it. That would be a lot of work and quite a few parts get modified when you install a SC like that.

Jeff

Edited by MyBlueHeaven

That's issue. I'm gonna drive this mustang so it's going to devalue regardless. I'm trying to decide what value having the wheels at the time of selling ( if I ever do) will be. I'm thinking supercharger over wheels??? Just looking for a little feedback. Ultimately my wife will tell me what I'm doing. :)

Super charger super charger super charger !!!!!! Just write down the part number on the wheel back so in 20 years if you're trying to go back to stock you'll have the info. The supercharger totally changes the nature of these cars. Although before you do install I would highly suggest bigger brakes or at least slotted rotors

A company called Department of Boost does it (DOB), check out their site for more info. I'd paste the link, but not sure if it's allowed and it might get deleted by the admins. So just search it. Personally I wouldn't do it, but it looks like an option for those that can get the parts at a good cost, and don't want to go with the normal whipple / Kenne Bell / Paxton.

Oh yeah, if you need the funds I would sell the wheels, obviously if your gonna SC the car like that odds are that you're not gonna take it all off if you sold it. That would be a lot of work and quite a few parts get modified when you install a SC like that.

Jeff

That was my thought also. Nothing against doing it yourself, don't get me wrong, but that will be much harder to undo then just swapping wheels to take her back to "original" if you wanted to. Personally I would think that adding a supercharger yourself will "devalue" the car (as far as being "original") more than a set of aftermarket wheels.

PS: you're gonna need wider than original wheels when you S/C anyway and you have that covered.

So after some real hard thinking during a long drive, I have decided why? I have had well over 100 cars in my life and have always modified them to some point. What do I really need from this car is the question. And I think the simplest answer is nothing. Why have down time while working on it? We bought this for me to drive so that's what I'm going to do. It doesn't need to be modified. It's fast and it handles great. I'm going to put some miles on it and just keep it the way it is..